Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me

2 posters

Go down

A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me Empty A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me

Post  playmaker Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi guys just wanted to give you an update on a few things that have helped me control inflammation.

Previous regimen:
Propecia ED
320mg Saw Palmetto
8mg Astaxanthin
250mg Resveratrol
200mg Greentea EGCG
200mg Grape Seed Extract
2grams MSM
2 Grams Taurine
Different brands of curcumin on and off
Vitamin Code Multi
Sensoril
Revita Shampoo

Now:
Propecia ED
4grams omega fish oil
100mg stabilized R lipoic acid with meals
Tocosorb
200mg Greentea EGCG
200mg Grape Seed Extract
2grams MSM
2 Grams Taurine
Sensoril
Panax Ginseng
Ginkgo Biloba
Pureway C
NOW Adam
p-5-p
Niacinamide
Biotin
1 drop iosol EOD
1% piroctone olamine shampoo

Before I was aggressively targeting DHT and I think I was over doing it which probably caused a hyperandrogencity response but also most of those supplements I was taking before also boosted TH2 and I was always itching..I would feel sharp pains in my scalp sometimes...then I decided to drop the majority of the TH2 boosting supplements and take TH1 boosting supplements, ginkgo, ginseng, sensoril, grape seed...

I added tocosorb because of the hair study done with that and it also reduces inflammation linked with AGA, will give that 6 months.

The biggest things I think that made a difference were Fish oil, Stabilized R lipoic acid - to control insulin and ginseng...Ginseng it one of the few supplements I have taken where I really felt the effect...there is apparently a hair loss study done with that, some say it boosts Testosterone, but its an adaptogen, as is sensoril...so i believe they do the whole body good.

The other thing is the piroctone olamine shampoo (tony maleedy juniper mint shampoo) which I have mentioned in a thread before. Amazing shampoo! Way better than revita or regenepure in my opinion.

I have never been able to make curcumin work for me...i always find that it causes more inflammation for me, whatever brand, whatever strength...I think there is something to keeping TH1/TH2 stuff in balance. By taking all the other supplements before I was increasing my bodies TH2 immune response which from what I understand is not a great thing.

You can reference http://www.drkaslow.com/html/immune_restoration.html for more information because my understanding on all this is not that great...all I know is that i am not itching as bad as I was before since boosting my TH1

A few other things...

Making the switch to brown rice protein instead of whey isolate/concentrate and ditching other forms of concentrated dairy seems to have helped. I don't want to believe that Whey protein has a negative impact but I was reading the other day that dairy seems to have up-regulate insulin.

I have also started a Chaparral/Caffeine based topical for the last 6 days, its an anti-fungal, reduces il-6, partially inhibits PDG2...some other people have reported that it halts shedding etc...nothing special to report yet...its based on echohair.ar product...will keep people updated.

playmaker

Back to top Go down

A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me Empty Re: A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me

Post  NYJets Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:42 am

I'm a big fan of grape seed extract. Meganatural BP

The sulfur and Taurine is probably redundant.

Is that your doctor by chance?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me Empty Re: A Few Changes That Have Greatly Reduced Inflammation For Me

Post  playmaker Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Nope not my doctor...just came across it when I was looking into stuff that would balance the immune system.

Taurine I use for fibrosis, also works good pre gym workout

MSM just for general hair, skin, nails...thought it increases anagen cycles.

Sorry for my rambling long post above, the concise version is below:

Things that have helped me with inflammation:

Balance immune system TH1/TH2 - a lot of the supplement are pro TH2 (green tea, resveratrol, curcumin...) use grape seed extract, ginkgo biloba, sensoril, and maybe ginseng to balance (but this is power stuff so be careful/or cycle it)

Lower Insulin and manage blood sugar- Stabilized R Lipoic Acid is amazing stuff and I highly recommend using it, I don't know why I never made it a must have in my regimen before! Also use chromium GTF as a cheaper alternative, but its not as good. Stop eating sugar whenever possible and exercise everyday even if its just a nice walk.

Eat Omega 3 Fish Oil - Krill oil, fish oil...whatever you choose this stuff is a must for inflammation in my opinion...i'm happy with Super Omega 3 fish oil which has a higher concentration of EPA. I have 4 grams (4 soft gels ) through the day.

Lower/Cut Dairy - I don't want to give up whey protein so only use it on gym days 4 times a week after training...I don't know the science or truth behind it...all I know it that when I was heavily consuming the stuff my skin used to breakout more, scalp used to itch more...and dandruff!

Bonus...

Reduce Masturbation - masturbation, ejaculation everyday boosts prolactin, dht and the production of sex hormons etc from what I understand. I don't think one needs to abstain forever...but just keep it to once every 10 days or twice a month etc. I've realised it just can't be good for the body to be doing this everyday, you need a break. lol...plus the benefits or added focus, more productivity etc, are all great! (I was taking p-5-p, vitamin e separately to reduce prolactin)

playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down