Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
IBS-C & Hair loss EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

IBS-C & Hair loss

+2
mistyisland
ghai018
6 posters

Go down

IBS-C & Hair loss Empty IBS-C & Hair loss

Post  ghai018 Sat May 26, 2012 3:49 pm

I suffer from bad IBS-C, and it causes me lots of troubles including bloating/weight gain, hair loss, itchy scalp, dry skin and more.

It's literally like when I'm backed up I can feel my scalp hurt, and my skin get drier.

If I could solve my IBS I feel I could fix my health 100%.

At first the raw carrots helped a lot but now they don't seem to do much. Same with sea salt + water, used to help, now not really.

I avoid dairy for this reason too. Past few days I started on Jarrow EPS but they haven't seemed to help at all (made it worse maybe).

Am looking at other supplements to see if they are the cause but in general all I take is:

Reservatrol, Curcumin, Quercetin, Selenium & Zinc.
Vitamin C & Immune Boost 77
Also doing Mag Citrate powder to help loosen the bowels.

If you have any advice I'd really appreciate it!

A typical days diet is like this:

Nutivia - Coconut Oil - Organic Extra Virgin, 2 tablespoon
Carrots - Raw, 175 g
Raw - Lemon, 0.5 whole lemo
Y.S. Organic Bee Farms - Raw Honey, 1 Tbsp
Pineapple - Raw, all varieties, 300 g
Grateful Harvest Organic - Filet Mignon, 1 container (12 oz ea.)
Wedderspoon - Manuka Honey Active 16+, 0.75 tablespoon
Great Lakes Gelatin - Beef Gelatin (Unflavored/Kosher), 3 Tbsp
Cherries - Sweet, raw, 275 g
Watermelon - Raw, 1280 g
St. Dalfour - Giant French Pitted Prunes, 7 prunes
Fresh Fruit - Seedless Black Grapes With Skin, 325 g (~60 pieces)

or

Crown Prince Natural - Smoked Oysters In Pure Olive Oil (Drained), 1 can (65 g)
Nutivia - Coconut Oil - Organic Extra Virgin, 2 tablespoon
Apricots - Raw - Large, 140 g
Orange Juice - Fresh Squeezed, 12 fl. oz.
Basic - Lemon Sole, 490.0 g
Dates - Medjool, 1 date, pitted
Watermelon - Raw, 1200 g
Raw - Lemon, 1 whole lemo
St. Dalfour - Giant French Pitted Prunes, 14 prunes
Fresh Fruit - Seedless Black Grapes With Skin, 375 g (~60 pieces)
Carrots - Raw, 200 g

ghai018

Back to top Go down

IBS-C & Hair loss Empty Re: IBS-C & Hair loss

Post  mistyisland Sun May 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Prunes are extremely constipating for me. I think it is a myth that they keep you regular. It might be the iron, I'm not sure. You don't seem to have much in the way of green salads or vegetables. I have a salad with tomatoes and avocado every evening, and since I have been doing that I have no problems. The coconut oil should work better for you when you lose the prunes. Just my opinion, of course.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun May 27, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't think you are going to experience any gut healing without more quality protein.

If actual cuts of meat are irritating your gut, then I think you've got serious inflammation.
I would get a stool test done and test for Crp and other markers.

But if this is the case, start incorporating a good deal of bone broth into your diet. Its easy to make if you have access to soup bones (any butcher probably throws many of these away...feet, necks, etc.) It did wonders for my gut and digestion in general.

Do you find you often get heartburn, or no? And how long has your diet been as clean as what you've posted? Any other symptoms?

My first thought, if you do experience heartburn frequently, would be a lack of stomach acid, which is required to get the bowels moving. Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes helped me here as well, as did intermittently using bentonite clay twice daily. Loss of movement in your intestines is asking for bacterial overgrowth, so increasing your transit time is important. H Pylori is another consideration, but the coconut oil typically helps here. Alternatively, Olive Leaf Extract is a great option backed up with a solid probiotic.

What I Did:
- Bone Broth three times daily, approximately 10 ounces at a time with three meals.
- No dairy, grains, or eggs (eventually got to where the eggs weren't a problem)
- Whey/Gelatin/Colostrum/Glutamine shake twice daily, if you can make a liquid meal of this by adding some coconut oil do it
- Pill Stack: Vit C (1 gram), Bromelain + Quercetin, Olive Leaf Extract (1 gram), Phosphatidylcholine (1 gram), Cod Oil (1 gram)
- Two tbsp. of bentonite clay in water (30 minutes after pill stack).
- HCL and enzymes with solid meals
- Probiotics (especially S Boulardi), Kefir here and there
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Mon May 28, 2012 1:52 am

0 Heartburn here at all. I usually eat a 12oz grassfed fillet every two days or so. As well as some Gelatin, Sole, Shellfish on other days. I'm going to try switching to refined CO and see if has any impact, apparently extra virgin can be allergenic.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon May 28, 2012 4:04 am

No heartburn huh? That's where my digestive issues began. Sorry, I just made an assumption. Didn't realize you were including those proteins.

Ever been tested for Crohn's?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Mon May 28, 2012 4:16 am

Nope - although IMO it could be Thyroid related.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Mon May 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Good post Anthony. I will narrow down from his list what did it for me. Bone broth soup is definitely beneficial for healing. What stopped mine in its tracks was cutting out wheat and cutting down on dairy. Also, a must is the protein shake with vitamin C, L Glutamine(must), coco oil, and a diff probiotic each time such as, yogurt, kefir etc. I had it real bad to where it was really effecting my life. If I stick to it I have no symptoms and it takes a good binge of bad eating for it to come back.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:55 am

It's really crazy.

Haven't been in a while -> sort of feel it but can't go -> dry skin, inflamed/tingly/itchy scalp, insta sebum deposits, instant hairs falling out when I run hand through hair. Once I've gone, scalp/hair feels fine.

It's almost as if IBS-C == hair loss literally.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 am

B15456,

Thanks sir. I experienced the same thing. I didn't take long on the above regimen to start noticing benefits. Not feeling tired and the "brick in the stomach" after eating. That went away pretty quickly. After a few weeks of this, heartburn disappeared also. And its the same thing with me...I can get away with cheat days or short strings of bad diet days without troubles whereas single meals used to hit me. It takes a week or so of bad eating to start seeing symptoms. Its become apparent to me that if you have a sensitive gut, repairing it fully takes time, and in the meantime its about being consistent 80-90% percent of the time. This will control symptoms for the most part, and I think healing the gut is a cumulative process. As far as avoiding gluten and dairy, I do feel that this is something that really shouldn't be compromised on during the process however. Perhaps at some point the sensitivity will disappear, but I think it requires a full on commitment to avoidance, at least in my experience. Typically if I'm cheating, its with simple sugars like ice cream or fatty meals (oh god, not PUFA) like french fries.

Ghai,

Totally in agreement on the gut to hair loss connection. The gut can be a serious, serious source of inflammation and endotoxin. Check out A
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:39 am

This is really getting out of control Sad

At 23 I'm finally starting to feel like I'm heading for impending balness within the next few years. My diffuse thinning is just all over, and rapid.

I eliminated loads of foods from my diet, even tried fruitarian, didn't seem to help. Even if I'm going to the toilet more than once a day, that didn't seem to effect shedding. Massive sebum, and if I itch it at all, 5 hairs come out with the sebum.

So I've tried the supps, without supps, with paleo-style, with fruitarian etc, nothing seems to be helping.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Again, don't underestimate the gut. If you are going to eliminate offending foods, it needs to be 100% for a period of months. These things aren't something you're gonna try for 3 weeks and switch to another protocol when miracles don't happen. So I'd really focus on a wheat and dairy free diet, 100%, and do not stop with a gut healing regimen for at least 3 months.

How are your stress levels? I too am 23 with pretty bad diffuse thinning. While it became apparent I was going to start thinning early, around 18, after my dad passed away and I became depressed, the rate accelerated so quickly I was overwhelmed by it. This stress just fed back into the cycle and worsened the problem. My point is, my scalp was really compromised by two things: diet and stress. Whenever I was eating a high sugar meal or if I was having an emotionally stressful moment or period of days, my scalp would itch, appear red, and sebum was awful.

After a period of several years the stress has resided to a normal level of human stress. My weight has began to normalize and I'm no longer experiencing the scalp issues either. I don't wake up with an oily scalp any longer and there are no sebum deposits, where they used to be tangible. The only time I experience itch is again, if I eat an extremely sugary meal. While I obviously haven't regrown all of that hair, loss has slowed to a halt. Shedding is minimal. If your diet seems to be in check, I'd try to combat stress.

In addition to breathing exercises, exercise, and some NLP, there are several supplements that have done wonders for my stress level: phosphatidyl serine, sensoril ashwaghanda, vitamin D, mucuna pruriens
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks for your reply.

In all honesty I don't think I have much "stress". Get plenty of sunlight etc. I do weights 3 times per week. Unless it's some kind of environmental or gut stress, I'm not sure what is the cause. I eat maybe 1 non-clean/paleo meal a week, if that.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Get a slow cooker. Eat from that for 6 months. Avoid all inflammatory foods.

Meditate or better, do Tai Chi or Chi Qong twice a day.

(and/or do EMDR)

It will work..., at least # 1 & # 2

Your "other" mind is in your gut.
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 pm

I already do avoid inflammatory foods. Haven't had any gluten or bad oils for 99% of the time for ages.

What do you guys wash your hair with? Maybe it's due to the fact I am only doing bottled water that is causing such high sebum.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 am

I absolutely think it could be part of your problem. I've heard many theories before about how if you avoid shampoo for long enough, the hair will not become oily, instead it will suddenly become super healthy, the way our hair was meant to be!

In my experience, going two or three days without washing my hair has made my scalp absolutely awful. I would shed incredible amount of hair, the skin would become red and very thick with oil (I know, gross). At the time I was doing this frequently, I was under the impression I was making my scalp healthier, avoiding shampoo, being natural bla bla bla. I lost more hair in that period of months than any other.

If you are a person who produces a great deal of sebum I think its essential to shampoo frequently, if not daily. There are many natural shampoos out there: I use a brand called Beauty Without Cruelty tea tree and rosemary shampoo (check Vitacost).

Things like apple cider vinegar or witch hazel, diluted in water, can be very effective topical stringents. A 1:1 mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, iodine added at your discretion (10 drops of Iosol), did amazing things for my scalp. I would apply it at night before bed (if you have a partner, wait till they are already asleep, it smells) and about 20 minutes before I went to shower in the morning to let it work for a little bit prior to bathing. This eliminates the smell for the day.

If you haven't tried anything like it, what the hell, go for it.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:53 am

I saw a recommendation on the forum for this: http://www.iherb.com/Dr-Bronner-s-Magic-Soaps-Pure-Castile-Soap-18-in-1-Hemp-Peppermint-16-fl-oz-472-ml/6967?at=0 so I'm going to try it.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 am

Yeah,

I've used this stuff before. Its a very oily soap. I find it works better for my body that for my hair as it tends to leave my hair very heavy, sort of oily like after a very heavy conditioner. But on the spectrum of natural products, its gotta be better than most shampoos.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:27 am

Noticed something scary today too.... Was sweating a bit and wiped my eyebrow... About 6 eyebrow hairs came out. In one swoop. Crazy stuff..... Seems to indicate it could be thyroid related? As that's a common symptom.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 am

Anthony
Would that regimen for ibs help with leaky gut also?? im making progress but im very limited with the foods i can eat and also suffer from irregularity! Its been that way forever but i dont think its ibs. Anyways i was trying to learn more about the bone broth and the yogurt you were doing as the protein shake. You said stay away from dairy even though i know the kind you were probably speaking of is to regulate gut flora with probiotics? can you explain what you did or anyone that has done this. Did any of the things gives you the itches? or was it smooth from the start? thanks

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Hey GG,

This regimen should be very helpful for leaky gut. I think a big part of leaky gut is to just stay away from the common allergens associated with gut inflammation. For me this was dairy and grains. Again, as time went on I can tolerate them on "cheat days" but for the most part I stay away from them. Non-gluten grains like rice became less and less of a problem to the extent I can almost always consume these with no problem, but it is critical, and I mean it, that you eliminate these completely at first. 99% won't work. It's gotta be total. The proper diet should consist of grass-fed meats and quality sea food, coconut oil, grass-fed butter, almond butter, organic fruits and veggies and plenty of bone broth. I made it a rule to have about 10 oz. of bone broth with each and every meal. I would make a giant pot of it on Sunday and keep it for the week, just nuking it in the fridge for only a few seconds. Drinking it warm made it much better. There are plenty of good videos for making the broth to be found online. Your local butcher would be happy to get rid of soup bones.

As far as the other parts of the regimen. Twice a day I did the whey/gelatin/glutamine/colostrum shakes. The glutamine is a real big one and essential for healing the gut lining. The colostrum contains several beneficial immune factors that work really well in addition to a quality probiotic, another essential. Ohira's is the best. I would recommend 50 g glutamine per day for the initial week, and you can taper off from there. I know its a lot.

The pill stack I mentioned was sort of a really, really weak form of a biofilm buster. I will link a page that goes over a much more through biofilm protocol, but doing something to combat biofilm is going to be a big help. These are potent sources of endotoxin and there's a very particular strategy for helping to reduce the bad ones. Basically, due to financial concerns, I was using a natural antibiotic (olive leaf extract) combined with a serrapeptase supplement (protease enzyme) and also Swanson's metalshield along with some strong antioxidants (quercetin+bromelain, vit C) and an absorption factor in phosphatidyl choline. This seemed beneficial for me, and you'll need to do it twice a day. Followed shortly with something to clear the bowel like bentonite clay, and the probiotic after this. I'd commit to the entire shebang for at minimum three months. Then start experimenting with adding foods back. If there's trouble, just continue on. Its a game of patience.

Biofilm Link: http://www.herbsforlyme.com/category-s/225.htm
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks for that! I have a rife machine so i can kinda nail the bigger problems i just need to get the basics down!! And i looked at a previous post of yours and i get a few scalp itches when i eat meat so i know to leave it alone for now.. Im really just trying to piece what positives i can together and stick to them! if i stick to my VERY VERY few foods that i can eat i can see my hair thicken and new hair come in but i dont do sugar and i need to find something that im not sensitive to for calories!

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 am

GG,

Ahh, you're a Rifer huh? I am extremely interested in getting a Rife machine. But money is pretty tight for me at the moment being a college student. If I was honest with myself though, if I used what I spend on supplements over 6 months, I could probably afford a decent Rife machine.

How is it helping you? Do you feel much better? Is it easy to use? I guess maybe I'm not that confident about them. Would love to know your experience.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:46 pm

About the rife machine i can say that it does work great for only the few scripts i run. I am working on detox and chelation methods because i have amalgams in still! But i have used it on a friend who is amalgam free ran the scripts that i do and he started the cutler protocol. He eats ok at best but he doesn't have to follow the same rules that apply to us anymore! Even though what i think i notice is that when he does his hair grows even faster although this may be due to running the scripts more/less during these times but yeah it works!! Even when i use it i can tell sometimes during sometimes right after sometimes the next day that i just have a calm to my scalp which is soooo odd. Another thing i noticed is that when i use it nose clears up at once. But for anything other than hair i haven't really gotten into but i will after i remove these fillings

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down