Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Damiana and turmeric EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Damiana and turmeric EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Damiana and turmeric EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Damiana and turmeric EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Damiana and turmeric EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Damiana and turmeric EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Damiana and turmeric EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Damiana and turmeric EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Damiana and turmeric EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Damiana and turmeric

+2
edony
Amaranthaceae
6 posters

Go down

Damiana and turmeric Empty Damiana and turmeric

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:56 am

I been taking this herb for the last three weeks three times daily, and it really has got
me relaxed throughout the day, keeps stress away. It also seems good for boosting a
healthy digestion!

On a sidenote, I also been taking turmeric, just plain whole herb. That stuff is pretty good
too. I read about often turmeric powder is contaminated with lead .. (sick thing). I wish
there was a way to check for this, maybe colorwise? Since I make my own Vcaps and
stuff with them herbs, if there was a place to purchase wholeherb organic turmeric tested for impurities .. any thoughts anyone?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Damiana and turmeric Empty Re: Damiana and turmeric

Post  edony Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 am

Are you using damiana powder?How many grs each time?
Have you noticed any increase in libido as Prague's stated?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Yes, increase. It can be Damiana or PM Kudzu .. 6-800 mg x 3 daily.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:35 am

6 x 800mg x 3 = 14400 mg / day ~ that is 14gram my friend?

cpio wrote:Yes, increase. It can be Damiana or PM Kudzu .. 6-800 mg x 3 daily.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:50 am

cpio - you notice any change in libido?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:58 pm

Scotty, defintely increased libido after three-four weeks of use, it varies individually though according to
this story>

Aphrodisiac for some
by Ivy S.

My husband is a regular user of Damiana Leaf Extract from Puritan's Pride, as he credits it with increasing his sexual performance, although I have my own doubts about it's efficacy as anything more than perhaps a mood enhancing herbal tonic. However, as he just turned 48 his last birthday, he is unusually "frisky" for a man his age, and feels that the product is a great aphrodisiac for both men and women. I took the herbal Damiana Leaf supplement for a few months myself, but saw no real increase in my sex drive nor any mood altering effects, and since I experienced some stomach distress from it, I discontinued the product.
However, my husband has been taking the Puritan's Pride Damiana Leaf Extract every night for over a year and is a big supporter of the herb's underground claim to fame as a natural herbal aphrodisiac. He brews two cups of caffeine free orange spice tea each night and adds 2 ml of the Damiana Leaf extract to each cup, along with honey for sweetness. He swears the effects of the Damiana are similar to those of cannabis, just less potent, and fortunately completely legal. He claims he feels much less nervous tension and stress after working all day, and that the herb enhances his mood and promotes a relaxed state of mind, or as he puts it... makes him "open to adventure"!!
Damiana has been used for centuries as a stomach tonic, for nervous conditions, and is also considered beneficial for the reproductive system of both males and females, as well as a treatment for decreased hormonal issues. Therefore, considering all this, it's reputation for affecting one's mood, increasing sex drive, or merely fostering an otherwise waning interest in sexual intimacy may be well deserved, but individual results do vary.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Damiana inhibits aromatase which might be good for hair as well as libido:

Aromatase Inhibitor Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction
Aromatase inhibitor therapy may be helpful for some men with erectile dysfunction (ED). Aromatase is an enzyme, especially found in the liver, ovary and adipose tissue, required for the conversion of androgens to estrogens. Specifically, aromatase is responsible for the conversion of the androgens androstenedione and testosterone into the estrogens estrone (E1) and estradiol (E2), respectively. In women, the great majority of testosterone is converted to estradiol and estrone, whereas in men, most of the testosterone stays as testosterone, and only a small percentage is converted to estradiol and estrone.

Aromatase inhibitors prevent the action of the enzyme aromatase. Thus, in the presence of an aromatase inhibitor, the body produces less estradiol (E2) and estrone (E1) and maintains a higher level of testosterone. Aromatase inhibitors have been traditionally used as second-line therapy (after tamoxifen) for the treatment of breast cancer, tumors that usually depend on estrogen for growth.

In men, the effect of 2.5 mg of the aromatase inhibior letrozole suppressed plasma estradiol to concentrations less than 50% of pretreatment values after 2 days, with recovery to approximately pretreatment values after 6 days. These decreases were accompanied by increased gonadotrophin (luteininzing hormone - LH and follicle stimulating hormone - FSH) concentrations, with resultant increases of approximately 50% in plasma testosterone.

In men, aromatase activity appears to increase with age. This is particularly so in men with a high body mass index. Increased aromatase activity in men results in conversion of testosterone into higher levels of estradiol. This is especially a problem if men are taking exogenous testosterone (intramuscular testosterone enanthate or cypionate, or topical 1% testosterone as a hydroalcolic gel) for treatment of hypogonadism. Under such conditions, raising the testosterone in a man with a high aromatase level will elevate the serum estradiol. It is controversial but several investigators believe that elevated estradiol values in men are responsible, in part, for causing persistence of many of the symptoms of "androgen insufficiency", despite receiving testosterone treatment. Some investigators also believe that higher estradiol values are associated with prostate enlargement and there is increasing discussion of the role of estrogen in abnormal prostate tissue growth. High levels of estrogen are also thought to result in male hair loss.

Thus there appears to be a role ("off-label" as it concerns FDA government indications) in the use of aromatase inhibitors in some men with sexual dysfunction and elevated estradiol values.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Maybe IH can chime in if he reads this thread, but isnt it so that the older us men get the more important it is to keep a lid on aromatase since the estrogens produced by this way is probably not good for prostate and hair. Whereas estriol -like compounds like miroestrol from PM kudzu is beneficial.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:51 pm

cpio - I agree 100%. As more and more of our testosterone becomes less bioavailable and turns into more and more estrogen, that is when our glucose metabolism begins to wain.

It becomes even more prevalent with environmental estrogens such as bisphenol-A found in various plastics, which even at extremely low doses causes insulin resistance and increases MMP-9 (Gelatinase-B) enzymes to degenerate hair follicles.

So, anti-aromatase is an important consideration. I've been giving the Damiana a try myself, since that last conversation with Prague.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:00 am

lund wrote:6 x 800mg x 3 = 14400 mg / day ~ that is 14gram my friend?

cpio wrote:Yes, increase. It can be Damiana or PM Kudzu .. 6-800 mg x 3 daily.

Just wanted to point out that I believe cpio was saying he takes 600 to 800 mg x 3 daily for approx 2100 mg / day or 2.1 grams.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Yes, 3 x 800 mg appr. Which is also the maximum dosage that Now foods recommend on their product.

Since I also take PM Kudzu the increase in libido could be attributed to that as well (and not just Damiana).

A good dosage PM Kudzu is 250-500 mg daily.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down