Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Quercetin as crth2 blocker EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Quercetin as crth2 blocker

+2
nidhogge
angusmojo
6 posters

Go down

Quercetin as crth2 blocker Empty Quercetin as crth2 blocker

Post  angusmojo Wed May 09, 2012 8:53 am

Hi Caustic,

I used to have very good results w/ quercetin but had to reduce a lot my intake from 1g/day (in 2 takes) to 200mg, due to very bad heart feeling. Have you experienced that? I objectively can reproduce it all the time I take more than this amount...

So I'd like to give a try to a topical usage of quercetin but am concerned about the yellow color that apparently sticks to the skin several days.
Do you have a workaround to mitigate this? Or an analog to quercetin to recommend?

It's a pity because quercetin reduces totally inflammation and under a big amount intake had drasticaly improve my hair.

Some guys on HLT for instance start trying crth2 antagonist like oc000459, are you aware of other natural players against this pathway than quercetin?

TIA

angusmojo

Back to top Go down

Quercetin as crth2 blocker Empty Re: Quercetin as crth2 blocker

Post  nidhogge Wed May 09, 2012 11:11 am

Angus,

There is a good chance that CS and I will add a good quality Quercetin extract to Antioxidant Boost in the near future, at 100 mg per pill. Since the dosage is two pills a day, it would equate to 200mg. This would help to enhance the effect of the trans-resveratrol and curcumin.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 pm

angusmojo wrote:Hi Caustic,

I used to have very good results w/ quercetin but had to reduce a lot my intake from 1g/day (in 2 takes) to 200mg, due to very bad heart feeling. Have you experienced that? I objectively can reproduce it all the time I take more than this amount...

So I'd like to give a try to a topical usage of quercetin but am concerned about the yellow color that apparently sticks to the skin several days.
Do you have a workaround to mitigate this? Or an analog to quercetin to recommend?

It's a pity because quercetin reduces totally inflammation and under a big amount intake had drasticaly improve my hair.

Some guys on HLT for instance start trying crth2 antagonist like oc000459, are you aware of other natural players against this pathway than quercetin?

TIA

Just eat a baked red onion. I wonder if quercetin alone at 1g/day could cause heart-related symptoms, because I've read about studies in which subjects tolerated much larger doses. This leads me to think that there's some other ingredient in the supplement that might be causing you problems, but I could be wrong. Why would you want to continue with a supplement that causes you to experience heart-related symptoms? Even if you've reduced the dosage significantly, why would anybody want to take that risk? How do you know it's not doing damage that you can't actually feel?

Just recently read a study showing that supplementation with concentrated green tea extracts can cause liver damage. I know this forum is big on supplementation, but you should be aware that no matter how "natural" a substance is, our bodies are not necessarily prepared to take it as a supplement containing an amount many hundred times greater than what would occur naturally in food. Especially when it's processed and other cofactors are removed.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  angusmojo Wed May 09, 2012 5:19 pm

imprisoned-radical wrote:

TIA

So true.

I plan to test another version. Now on Natrol w/ indeed other ingredient than pure quercetin...

Nobody on quercetin topicaly?

Just eat a baked red onion. I wonder if quercetin alone at 1g/day could cause heart-related symptoms, because I've read about studies in which subjects tolerated much larger doses. This leads me to think that there's some other ingredient in the supplement that might be causing you problems, but I could be wrong. Why would you want to continue with a supplement that causes you to experience heart-related symptoms? Even if you've reduced the dosage significantly, why would anybody want to take that risk? How do you know it's not doing damage that you can't actually feel?

Just recently read a study showing that supplementation with concentrated green tea extracts can cause liver damage. I know this forum is big on supplementation, but you should be aware that no matter how "natural" a substance is, our bodies are not necessarily prepared to take it as a supplement containing an amount many hundred times greater than what would occur naturally in food. Especially when it's processed and other cofactors are removed.

angusmojo

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat May 12, 2012 4:16 am

Because of how yellow it is, I've ruled out Quercetin topically a few years back. Perhaps it's OK if you want to leave it in as an over-night topical, but stuff like that you tend to stick with for a month or two then the hassle causes you to gradually cease application.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat May 19, 2012 2:27 am

imprisoned-radical wrote:

TIA

imprisoned-radical--

While it's true that super-dosing on some herbs can cause side-effects, it doesn't appear that is the case with Quercetin in my studies. In fact, Quercetin is listed as having no side-effects regardless of dosage size, and is commonly recommended at a few grams a day.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Sat May 19, 2012 6:00 am

Found some white quercetin, not sure how pure or good it is though.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/219561594/Quercetin.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/537049981/Quercetin_98_.html

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  angusmojo Fri May 25, 2012 8:08 am

Indeed, I switched to pure quercetin and I don't get the same issue than w/ the natrol combo.

Right now, I'm on 100mg of quercetin in the morning and i get almost no inflammation until the evening. Topicaly, i apply astressin b (from the topical that contains a few ppm) in the morning and in the evening.
Really, quercetin improves against inflammation. Last week, following the cetirizin trend (pgd2) i diluted one 10mg pill of zyrtec (cetirizine) in my topical bottle and frankly it may be subjective but I feel that it helps. Following the pge1 trend (good for hair growth, contrary to pgd2 and derivative 15-dPGD2 which appear to be responsible of hair shrink), I'm starting a diet rich in GLA (increase PGE1).

angusmojo

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 25, 2012 8:43 am

I've been using this form, because of the phospholipid factor (keeps it in circulation for longer:

http://www.iherb.com/MRM-Quercetin-500-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/12059?at=hil335

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Quercetin as crth2 blocker Empty Korres Quercetin and Oak

Post  Bye Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Has somebody once Korres Quercetin and Oak Creame tested against hair loss?
This could be an alternative maybe.
Bye

Bye

Back to top Go down

Post  angusmojo Thu May 31, 2012 12:54 am

Bye wrote:Has somebody once Korres Quercetin and Oak Creame tested against hair loss?
This could be an alternative maybe.
Bye

I bought Korres Quercetin & Oak antiwrinkle night cream and applied it during one week and had immediate shedding. As there are so many things in cosmetic creams, it's difficult to attribute it to quercetin topicaly applied.
Ideally, if online diy cosmetic shop would provide quercetin as ingredient, we could know if it's efficient, but no one provides quercetin or luteolin...

angusmojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down