Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Have been prescribed a beta-blocker EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Have been prescribed a beta-blocker

5 posters

Go down

Have been prescribed a beta-blocker Empty Have been prescribed a beta-blocker

Post  Adelante Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Went to the doc today for results and another blood pressure test, the blood pressure came back ok now and test results all ok, the doctor thinks I may have White Coat Syndrome and prescribed be a Beta-Blocker called Betaloc, does anyone know if this type of med is safe and is there any natural alternative?

Adelante

Back to top Go down

Have been prescribed a beta-blocker Empty Re: Have been prescribed a beta-blocker

Post  gdfghh Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 am

White Coat Syndrome? Sounds like something made up by the medical establishment to pump out more prescriptions. Lot's of people get nervous when being looked at by a doctor, that's no reason to make up a new disease. That's like saying you need a prescription if you get stressed out when getting pulled over by a cop. If you're looking for a dietary change to deal with anxiety, look into Ray Peat's work. If you want supplements, I've heard Panax Ginseng is good for keeping stress levels down and maintaining calmness, but I'm sure somebody else could chime in with more in that department.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Have been prescribed a beta-blocker Empty Re: Have been prescribed a beta-blocker

Post  Balthier Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 am

even though ginseng is an adaptogen it feels like a stimulant(both american and korean) and can make one more nervous in certain situations although it might work in general. I think ashwagandha works better for anxiety and stress. There are other angles for anxiety discussed here in other topics like long term omega 3 and magnesium.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:28 am

White coat hypertension just means that seeing someone in a white coat (ie a doctor) makes you nervous and your blood pressure goes up - these patients get prescribed meds when they don't need them, because outside of the doctor's office their blood pressure is fine. I don't know why he would give you a beta blocker for that, usually they tell patients to start checking their blood pressure at home.

Here's a review that just came out

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006742.pub2/abstract

Antihypertensive drugs used in the treatment of adults (primary prevention) with mild hypertension (systolic BP 140-159 mmHg and/or diastolic BP 90-99 mmHg) have not been shown to reduce mortality or morbidity in RCTs. Treatment caused 9% of patients to discontinue treatment due to adverse effects. More RCTs are needed in this prevalent population to know whether the benefits of treatment exceed the harms.

Check your blood pressure at home for a few weeks.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelante Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks guys, might be best to monitor my blood pressure for 24 hours.
Since my thyroid is functioning good do I not need to use Iodine and would it throw my thyroid off if I take it?

Adelante

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:52 pm

u need to check blood pressure twice daily for a few weeks. and if its high, then recheck 3 times to make sure its not an anomaily. ive been thru this recently and mine was high, but after checking multiple times and taking the average it was actually ok.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down