Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times

+3
Misirlou
bocor
hellwig
7 posters

Go down

Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times Empty Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times

Post  hellwig Sat May 05, 2012 8:27 pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21984399/

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times Empty Yes

Post  bocor Sun May 06, 2012 3:43 am

I just started taking it internally too and noticed it shows 98 percent dht inhibition locally although this stuff is EXTREMELY staining!Hard to get off even with soap like dye or something

bocor

Back to top Go down

Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times Empty Re: Astaxanthin Improves Cycling Times

Post  Misirlou Sun May 06, 2012 5:47 am

8 mg a day! Which reminds me, need to reorder Very Happy

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sun May 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Misirlou wrote:8 mg a day! Which reminds me, need to reorder Very Happy

I was taking 8 mg a day but then I read this:

The capacity by astaxanthin to reduce inflammation can also be seen in humans. In research reported in the March 2010 issue of "Nutrition & Metabolism," researchers from Washington State University assigned healthy females 2 or 8 mg of astaxanthin; or 0 mg as the placebo, for eight weeks. At the end of the study, researchers found that those receiving 2 mg of astaxanthin experienced decreases in C-reactive protein, a marker of inflammation associated with heart disease, compared with those consuming a placebo. The study also revealed that 8 mg of astaxanthin didn't have any effect on C-reactive protein. In addition, the higher dose of astaxanthin increased interleukin-6, a protein that increases inflammation in the body, on week eight. Therefore, researchers recommended consuming 2 mg of astaxanthin rather than 8 mg to reduce C-reactive protein and inflammation in the body. Always consult your physician if considering taking any supplement.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/466354-astaxanthin-inflammation/#ixzz1u3NptI8t

I am going to bring it down to 4 mg a day, which is what they gave the cyclists in the study mentioned by the OP.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun May 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Thats great. I'm not sure how big a difference 20 W is, I'm assuming thats Watts? But my family is slowly trying to go to a no-car family and I am the one who needs to start biking to work exclusively at some point, so if this will help my ride to and from work then I'll start taking this.

Any idea why it works so well? I thought it was just an anti-oxidant, why would that help physical performance?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sun May 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Espio,

I'm just curious, any particular reasons for getting rid of your car?

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon May 07, 2012 3:08 am

Thanks for the info CF, I will analyze it closer and see if it's solid.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon May 07, 2012 5:03 am

Imprisoned-radical--- In my order of importance:

1. First and foremost I love cycling.

2. Second, I can easily go a steady 20 mph and that's fully loaded on a touring bike, carrying all my clothes, tools, etc for work. So it doesn't take that much longer to get to where you need to go, especially when you can get through traffic easily on a bike. A fifteen minute drive turns into a twenty minute ride on a bike, not that big a difference.

3. The maintenance cost, fuel cost, and insurance on a car. Say 50 bucks a month on a car for fuel just going to and from work. Another 50 bucks a month for insurance. Thats not even counting maintenance costs on the vehicle, which is negligible on a bicycle because bikes are so much easier to work on, you can do everything yourself with just a simple bike repair book and a good set of allen wrenches.

4. I'm sick of how much government hoops you have to go through to own a car. Having to pay the DMV every year just to have permission to drive it. Hell even if its inactive you still have to pay fifteen bucks a year. And for sure in the future as we go further into this Orwellian new world order we will have more and more tollroads to drive a car. It really makes you enjoy the freedom of being on a bicycle and not having to ask for permission from the government to do so. (Yes I know they are starting to have toll roads for bicycles in San Francisco and on the east coast as well, but oh well just avoid those areas for now).

5. There is a connection to the land and to the community when you are on a bicycle or walking that you don't have when your sitting in a car. Driving in a car is like you are getting in a cubicle locked away from the world for 30 minutes, you turn on your radio and your shut off from whats going on outside. Now on a bicycle its different, someone you know might be walking by on the sidewalk, some hobo might try and get you to stop so he can mug you, people recognize you more and next time they see you in Walmart they say "hey your that guy that rides his bike with two babies in the trailer everywhere!", etc. Also when your on a bike, in my opinion, if you see something of interest maybe a crowd of people and you want to check it out, it's more easier to stop and see whats going on on a bicycle. Now a car for example, if you are passing a crowd of people doing something you are much less likely to check it out because you realize you'd have to make a U-turn, find a place to park, and so on, it just makes it a pain in the butt to make any detours from your planned destination when in your car.

6. For $600, you can get a 4 stroke motor that easily attaches to your bicycle that will go at a constant 30 miles per hour, get 200 miles per gallon, and is made-in-America. Yes you can get some made in china ones for $200 but I wouldn't bother with the low quality ones. AND it is still completely legal you don't need to buy insurance or anything. One of these motors makes bicycling a win-win solution for everyone, even people who are out of shape.

(Check your local laws though, in California we can motorize bicycles and as long as they don't go over 30 mph they don't need to be registered or anything)

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Mon May 07, 2012 8:51 am

Espio wrote:Imprisoned-radical--- In my order of importance:

1. First and foremost I love cycling.

2. Second, I can easily go a steady 20 mph and that's fully loaded on a touring bike, carrying all my clothes, tools, etc for work. So it doesn't take that much longer to get to where you need to go, especially when you can get through traffic easily on a bike. A fifteen minute drive turns into a twenty minute ride on a bike, not that big a difference.

3. The maintenance cost, fuel cost, and insurance on a car. Say 50 bucks a month on a car for fuel just going to and from work. Another 50 bucks a month for insurance. Thats not even counting maintenance costs on the vehicle, which is negligible on a bicycle because bikes are so much easier to work on, you can do everything yourself with just a simple bike repair book and a good set of allen wrenches.

4. I'm sick of how much government hoops you have to go through to own a car. Having to pay the DMV every year just to have permission to drive it. Hell even if its inactive you still have to pay fifteen bucks a year. And for sure in the future as we go further into this Orwellian new world order we will have more and more tollroads to drive a car. It really makes you enjoy the freedom of being on a bicycle and not having to ask for permission from the government to do so. (Yes I know they are starting to have toll roads for bicycles in San Francisco and on the east coast as well, but oh well just avoid those areas for now).

5. There is a connection to the land and to the community when you are on a bicycle or walking that you don't have when your sitting in a car. Driving in a car is like you are getting in a cubicle locked away from the world for 30 minutes, you turn on your radio and your shut off from whats going on outside. Now on a bicycle its different, someone you know might be walking by on the sidewalk, some hobo might try and get you to stop so he can mug you, people recognize you more and next time they see you in Walmart they say "hey your that guy that rides his bike with two babies in the trailer everywhere!", etc. Also when your on a bike, in my opinion, if you see something of interest maybe a crowd of people and you want to check it out, it's more easier to stop and see whats going on on a bicycle. Now a car for example, if you are passing a crowd of people doing something you are much less likely to check it out because you realize you'd have to make a U-turn, find a place to park, and so on, it just makes it a pain in the butt to make any detours from your planned destination when in your car.

6. For $600, you can get a 4 stroke motor that easily attaches to your bicycle that will go at a constant 30 miles per hour, get 200 miles per gallon, and is made-in-America. Yes you can get some made in china ones for $200 but I wouldn't bother with the low quality ones. AND it is still completely legal you don't need to buy insurance or anything. One of these motors makes bicycling a win-win solution for everyone, even people who are out of shape.

(Check your local laws though, in California we can motorize bicycles and as long as they don't go over 30 mph they don't need to be registered or anything)

Or you could just get a motorcycle, still not have to pay insurance, have amazing gas milage and get the same amount of distance you could on a car but quicker... You just have to try not to die thats all Smile

But in all honesty, I agree with most of the points you made, especially if you live in a city. Also Im always glad to see a mind conscious of the progression of our society, but I dont think bike is entirely realistic for all people or in all situations obviously, especially when someones commute to work could be 50+ miles, or if you have a girlfriend or family you have to tote around.. Though, I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling these next 5 years out of the country and during that time I plan to sell my current car and get a cheapo car that's a 92 or older to leave parked at moms house for whatever months im actually in the states. If the cars a 92 or older then I believe you can get classic car insurance (20+yrs or older) and pay ridiculously low insurance per year and still have the "safety" a car provides over a motorcycle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon May 07, 2012 9:08 am

A motorcycle doesn't have that good gas mileage, not even much more than my car which is a Saturn 2002 which gets 35 mpg on highway. A cruiser motorcycle isn't going to be much higher than that. FOr a brand new 2012 cruiser kawasawki you're looking at 40-45 mpg. Now given the choice of a cruiser thats 40 mpg and my 35 mpg saturn that can carry a lot more stuff, and is much safer, AND cheaper insurance rates, I'm going to go with the Saturn (or any other fuel efficient car). Yes some of the lighter street bikes go up to 70 mpg but they are not really practical for daily commuting to work with because they aren't very comfortable and they won't carry clothes, tools, and other equipment you may need to bring to work.

But yes it's a tough choice, but I think for myself in my state of life right now I think a nice comfortable touring bicycle along with a $600 motor is the best option overall, 200 miles per gallon and will go 30 miles per hour. I can't think of any better option that that.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down