Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends?

+2
virtua_
hadrion
6 posters

Go down

CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? Empty CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends?

Post  hadrion Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:25 am

I read the book the 4 Hour Body and there was a lot of great info in there. The diet he prescribes in there for fat loss actually works if you follow it strictly. It's similar to Perfect Health Diet except you exchange potatoes/rice for beans in your meals.

Anyway, there's a section in the book about raising testosterone naturally and the key supplement the author recommends is Royal Butter Oil combined with Fermented Cod Liver Oil. Is it a worthwhile combo or are we already attacking that in the IH regimen?

I also read another article where the author claimed that combo made cavities fill in on their own.

Any thoughts on it?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? Empty Re: CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends?

Post  virtua_ Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:24 am

I've just read about Weston Price and his "Factor X", which he says is abundant in butter and organ meats (and also thus in this oil blend).

What are your thoughts on Factor X CS? What is it? Has it ever been scientifically validated outside of Weston Price's work?

virtua_

Back to top Go down

CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends? Empty Re: CS - Thoughts on Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver oild blends?

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Yes, both of those are viable. A friend of mine sent me the e-book 4-hour body. Interesting stuff in there.

"Activator X" is vitamin K2. Cod Liver Oil and Butter Oil have the special "trifecta" of sorts. K2, Vitamin D and Vitamin A all act within the retinoid X receptor (RXR), and are synergistic. Beyond those nutrients are some minerals which are usually abundant in the organ meat as well.

If you're already incorporating minerals aside from the basic regimen, then it would be a little redundant--assuming there is also some vitamin A in there (animal source only).

Yes, Price's work has been validated on many levels. Check out this animations for vitamin K2.

http://menaq7.com/index.php?page=vascular-animation

http://menaq7.com/index.php?page=bone-animation

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Sorry about the wrong name, Activator X it is! Smile

Did not know it was Vitamin K2, great news, thanks CS! Smile

As for the increase in testosterone mentioned in the first question, is this due to the Vitamin K2 or Vitamin A or other things in the oil blend?

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm not sure, but vitamin D can help increase testosterone levels. Or it might be an unknown action, since it may reduce cortisol...just speculation on my part.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 pm

OK, thanks! Smile

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm

CS -

Blue Ice looks to be the one place that's selling it as a combo. Might be something for you & Nid to look into for the IH line if the benefits are real. I can't remember where I saw it, but a woman posted an entire article about the effect it had on her families teeth & cavities. I may test out the Blue Ice product just to see what happens.

I also found the 4 Hour Body interesting. My wife & I wanted to test out the fat loss portion of the book so we went off Perfect Health Diet 2.5 weeks ago to test if 4 Hour Body would yield the results he promised. I've lost 15 pounds in 2.5 weeks. My wife has lost 12 pounds in the same time following the eating plan for subtracting fat. I'm also the most full I've ever been in my life after 3 meals of his slow carb diet each day. Late night snacking is done. On the cheat/binge day I stay gluten free. It's interesting since it's a gluten/dairy free diet for the most part with the only carbs coming from beans. I prefer the perfect health diet style of eating with dairy/potatoes/rice/dark chocolate allowed. I felt better on that diet, but the 4Hour Body plan for fat loss flat out works.

The guy who wrote the book is a bit of a kook, but there's some good stuff in it.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Hadrion, that's a lot in a short span! If i were you, i'd look to stablize the weight now for some three months, before attempting to reduce further. Glad the book's recommendations are working for you. Any online version, excerpts available? thanks.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:57 am

9rugrats5 wrote:Hadrion, that's a lot in a short span! If i were you, i'd look to stablize the weight now for some three months, before attempting to reduce further. Glad the book's recommendations are working for you. Any online version, excerpts available? thanks.

rugrats - it's intended to be a lot in a short time but then stabilize. One day a week you have a binge/cheat day where you can eat whatever you want. I stay gluten free on my cheat day but most people don't. After your cheat day you gain weight usually but then by 2-3 days later you've taken that off again. It seems like the first month you're on the diet you drop the most weight/fat and then you slow down. I don't have an ebook I can share, I have it on my kindle but if you go to 4 Hour Body website I think there's a lot of info there and there's also a forum which pretty much outlines the subtracting fat diet.

In a nutshell it's eat as much protein, beans and veggies at each meal. Always have all 3 in a meal. A lot of times I'll eat grass fed ground beef sauteed with black beans with spices and sauteed spinach for lunch. I'll do eggs with spinach, beans for breakfast. Dinner I'll do a steak or salmon with lentils and veggies. You eat until you're full like this 6 times a week and then on the 7th day eat whatever you want with no restrictions. Most of that initial weight loss was water weight.

The rest of the book goes into other tips for fat loss like wearing an ice pack on your neck/upper shoulders 30 mins per day to activate the brown fat in your body to start burning fat while you're sitting watching TV or on the computer. He's big on cold showers for fat loss and also increasing Testosterone.

It's an interesting book. We decided to try the fat loss diet just to see if it was BS since I could stay gluten free doing it.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:43 am

Thanks for replying and sharing about the approach, hadrion. I'll check out the site.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am

hadrion wrote:CS -

Blue Ice looks to be the one place that's selling it as a combo. Might be something for you & Nid to look into for the IH line if the benefits are real. I can't remember where I saw it, but a woman posted an entire article about the effect it had on her families teeth & cavities. I may test out the Blue Ice product just to see what happens.

Yes, I'd be interested in this too if you look into making it for the Ortho Nutrition line. Smile

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 am

Just to give you guys an update, I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now. I take 2 caps in the morning, 2 before bed and I also eat 3 Brazil Nuts before bed & when I wake. Something clearly happened with my testosterone. I'm waking up ready to meet my day head on if you catch my drift. I also noticed a few days ago my forehead broke out in acne. The only other things that have done that to me supplement wise were DHEA (which I no longer use) and Pycnogenol (which I also no longer use). I took the forehead breakout as another sign my T had increased significantly. I also feel more muscular and less soft all around using this product.

I cut back to 2 caps before bed for the daily dose and my forehead acne went away but the other benefits are still there.

Again, this isn't for hair loss. This is for some of us guys who as we get older may want to boost our T naturally to ward off effects of aging.

Ortho needs to put out this combo. Get on it Nid!

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  marku Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Hadrion, any update? hows your hair?

marku

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:30 am

marku wrote:Hadrion, any update? hows your hair?

marku,

I stopped my hair loss a few years ago now but I've never had any significant regrowth in the areas I lost hair in though. I just think I have too much fibrosis in those areas to get hair growing there again without a miracle cure. I've always thought I'd try derma rolling but never do it. That said, the persistent visible inflammation, the itching, the hair coming out when I ran my hand through my hair has all ceased. I only wish I had made a lot of the positive changes I've made sooner. The correct diet for me, Exercise, Chelating and then supplements has stopped the clock on my hair loss.

As for the Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil in this thread, I've been off it for the past few months. I haven't noticed any signs of my T levels being affected. It's such a pricey supplement that I'm kicking out of my regimen for the time being. I know it worked though.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 am

hadrion, are you sure your hair is not continuing to improve during those last three years? If you're taking decalcify and iodine, this should slowly break down calcification and fibrosis. CS' hair has been improving consistently for the past decade, how does he do it?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:08 am

moby wrote:hadrion, are you sure your hair is not continuing to improve during those last three years? If you're taking decalcify and iodine, this should slowly break down calcification and fibrosis. CS' hair has been improving consistently for the past decade, how does he do it?

moby - we're all different & all of our hair loss is caused by different things. My hair loss was more auto-immune related. Many years ago when my loss first began I had a punch biopsy done on my scalp in a few spots when my hair was coming out in a non MPB fashion. That biopsy revealed I had inflammation that could be a scarring alopecia combined with some MPB. With scarring alopecia your chances of regrowth in the areas affected are zero as the follicle is destroyed by inflammation. My only hope for regrowth is some kind of way to create new healthy follicles in the spaces I lost follicles. I think I need some other kind of mechanism to do that like wounding or something, but I'm not sure I want to dermaroll my head until I know what topical I should follow wounding with exactly to get those stem cells to regenerate.

On the plus side, while people who get my diagnosis generally lose all their hair, I have not. We somehow stopped this early on naturally. The only drug I ever took orally was doxycycline for 1 year and then I dropped it when CS endorsed Ecklonia Cava Extract which does the same things Doxy does to fight the inflammation going on in scalps. That was a game changer for me and once I got on that I was able to stay drug free for years now without any further loss. Regrowth is a bitch though with my type of hair loss. Just getting it to stop falling out was a major success for me.

I think my hair loss was caused by several things - stress, a food allergy, a potential mold issue in my old apartment and exposure to some bacteria that caused gut issues for me. I've worked hard to lower my stress levels. I changed my diet to shift away from gluten and sugar and artificial sweeteners like aspartame. I moved to a new house and finally I went after my gut issues with every bit of info I could learn in here from people like CS, Little Fighter, JDP, Prague, Nid, AR, etc. Right now my only remaining health issue is that I'm insulin resistant, but I'm making progress with that with the addition of Berberine and with resistance training. I'm finding that resistance training, specifically compound lifts with the Olympic bar (squats, deadlifts, bench presss, rows, overhead press) has changed my body and adjusted how it's using food for fuel.

But no, I haven't had major regrowth as of yet. Just stabilized what could have been a horror story of a condition that MD's wanted me to treat with immunosupressants at the time.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down