Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
interesting observation - inversion table EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
interesting observation - inversion table EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
interesting observation - inversion table EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
interesting observation - inversion table EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
interesting observation - inversion table EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
interesting observation - inversion table EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
interesting observation - inversion table EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
interesting observation - inversion table EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
interesting observation - inversion table EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

interesting observation - inversion table

+9
Delphine
sanderson
gbp2000
Mastery
jimmyw
wildman
ubraj
Paradox
calvicie
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

interesting observation - inversion table Empty interesting observation - inversion table

Post  calvicie Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:28 am

Interesting observation from a personal experience…

For the past six months or so, I’ve been scrubbing my head with a palm brush, a couple of times a day, for a few minutes each time, typically at my desk when I first arrive to the office. My desk is black, making detritus from my head easily visible, and I was always amazed at the quantity of the flakes of dried skin and number of hairs that would fall. I didn’t count individual hairs, nor was I too concerned about counting them; however, I couldn’t help but take note of referential quantities, along with an almost standard oscillating wave frequency between the higher count and lower count falls that seemed to fall in to a pretty predictable pattern.

Now for the interesting part. I used to use an inversion table for knee and hip relief after ulta-marathons, but its probably been a good 15 years since I’d used one. On a whim, I bought a new one about three weeks ago and have used it every evening since, for a minimum of five minutes and a max of ten minutes, hanging completely vertical while playing with my son’s PSP (Grand Theft Auto helps make the ten minutes not so monotonous). Between character deaths, I’d brush my head for 30 seconds or so, but nothing special.

What I have noticed is the quantity of hairs that fall when I scrub my head in the morning has recently decreased drastically. The rest of the skin, dandruff, smega, or whatever the hell it is, is still there in comparable quantities, but I’ve gone from approx 40-50+ hairs down to less than 10. Now granted, this could just be a fluke and there are external factors that I am oblivious too, but it does make me wonder. If anything changes, I’ll let you know. Suerte.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

interesting observation - inversion table Empty Re: interesting observation - inversion table

Post  Paradox Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:36 am

I'm wondering if there is less hair in the morning because you are shedding more of it when you are inverted and brushing at that time? That sounds encouraging though, keep us posted.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

interesting observation - inversion table Empty What is the benefit?

Post  Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:02 am

Hi Calvicie;

First time posting. What do you feel is the benefit, if any, of using the inversion table?

strangeplace

calvicie wrote:Interesting observation from a personal experience…

For the past six months or so, I’ve been scrubbing my head with a palm brush, a couple of times a day, for a few minutes each time, typically at my desk when I first arrive to the office. My desk is black, making detritus from my head easily visible, and I was always amazed at the quantity of the flakes of dried skin and number of hairs that would fall. I didn’t count individual hairs, nor was I too concerned about counting them; however, I couldn’t help but take note of referential quantities, along with an almost standard oscillating wave frequency between the higher count and lower count falls that seemed to fall in to a pretty predictable pattern.

Now for the interesting part. I used to use an inversion table for knee and hip relief after ulta-marathons, but its probably been a good 15 years since I’d used one. On a whim, I bought a new one about three weeks ago and have used it every evening since, for a minimum of five minutes and a max of ten minutes, hanging completely vertical while playing with my son’s PSP (Grand Theft Auto helps make the ten minutes not so monotonous). Between character deaths, I’d brush my head for 30 seconds or so, but nothing special.

What I have noticed is the quantity of hairs that fall when I scrub my head in the morning has recently decreased drastically. The rest of the skin, dandruff, smega, or whatever the hell it is, is still there in comparable quantities, but I’ve gone from approx 40-50+ hairs down to less than 10. Now granted, this could just be a fluke and there are external factors that I am oblivious too, but it does make me wonder. If anything changes, I’ll let you know. Suerte.

Back to top Go down

interesting observation - inversion table Empty Re: interesting observation - inversion table

Post  ubraj Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:26 am

Inversion and bee venom ointment at the back of the neck are two areas to help with the CCSVI issues per Dr. Klinghardt. There have been some good posts on CCSVI on this forum about this in helping to open up the veins.

Course would also need to stop the inflammation that closes off the veins as well but inversion and bee venom are two that are said to work well once the inflammation has ceased.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:57 am

update - I'm still amazed at the low hair fall count, going on two weeks now of minimal fall while brushing. I've also looked closer and noticed those few hairs that do fall are thicker/older hairs, with no thin, feeble hairs in the mix as I noted before.

Paradox wrote:I'm wondering if there is less hair in the morning because you are shedding more of it when you are inverted and brushing at that time? That sounds encouraging though, keep us posted.
hmmm, don't think so because my morning shower routine of scrubbing my head hasn't changed, but then again, could be. I suppose only time will tell.

Guest wrote:What do you feel is the benefit, if any, of using the inversion table?

good question and makes me wonder if there is some merit to the whole blood flow/papilla argument. Again, I'm not yet sure if what is happening to me now is a result of using the table for the past few weeks, the six months of brushing I've been doing that is finally starting to pay off, or some other positive reaction to something else that I'm not aware of.

For a little background, I'm a diffuse thinner, no bald spot, but definitely thin in the vertex and top front, with no receding at front or temples. I've been following the forum for nearly a year and have changed my diet accordingly, but I live in third world South America where supplement imports are not allowed, so my intake is limited. I did buy a rife machine, more for fun and experimentation since I am somewhat of a gadget nerd, but it was unfortunately seized by customs.

good luck...

calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

interesting observation - inversion table Empty Sounds positive

Post  wildman Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:58 am

Do you feel that this is a positive development? It would appear from what you are saying, that if fewer hairs are falling out, this could be considered a good thing. Has the quality of your hair changed, and if so, how is the overall condition of your scalp, compared to before you started this regimen?

quote="calvicie"]update - I'm still amazed at the low hair fall count, going on two weeks now of minimal fall while brushing. I've also looked closer and noticed those few hairs that do fall are thicker/older hairs, with no thin, feeble hairs in the mix as I noted before.

Paradox wrote:I'm wondering if there is less hair in the morning because you are shedding more of it when you are inverted and brushing at that time? That sounds encouraging though, keep us posted.
hmmm, don't think so because my morning shower routine of scrubbing my head hasn't changed, but then again, could be. I suppose only time will tell.

Guest wrote:What do you feel is the benefit, if any, of using the inversion table?

good question and makes me wonder if there is some merit to the whole blood flow/papilla argument. Again, I'm not yet sure if what is happening to me now is a result of using the table for the past few weeks, the six months of brushing I've been doing that is finally starting to pay off, or some other positive reaction to something else that I'm not aware of.

For a little background, I'm a diffuse thinner, no bald spot, but definitely thin in the vertex and top front, with no receding at front or temples. I've been following the forum for nearly a year and have changed my diet accordingly, but I live in third world South America where supplement imports are not allowed, so my intake is limited. I did buy a rife machine, more for fun and experimentation since I am somewhat of a gadget nerd, but it was unfortunately seized by customs.

good luck...

[/quote]

wildman

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmyw Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 am

Do you have to be completely inverted, or does almost inverted count? as there is a lot less pressure on the ankles when on an inversion table, as I am thinking of doing sets, where I am fully inverted for 3 minutes, and the 7 minutes almost fully inverted, and would imagine you would still get the benefits for CCSVI.

jimmyw

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:27 am

wildman wrote:Do you feel that this is a positive development?
yes, most definitely

wildman wrote:Has the quality of your hair changed, and if so, how is the overall condition of your scalp, compared to before you started this regimen?
I think it's still too early to make any judgements at this point and I don't know if its just wishful thinking, but my hair is starting to feel less wirey.

jimmyw wrote:Do you have to be completely inverted, or does almost inverted count?
I don't think you have to fully inverted as I still feel the pressure when 3/4 inverted. But based on my prior experience with the table, I invested in extra cushioning on the attachment for the ankles and invert fully. its just more comfortable for me that way.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:22 am

Of course this works, it's obvious. I've been banging on about headstands for ages...

So has Yoga before me

Go hang... :-)
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 am

well another week of two of hanging and not only is the hair fall count staying near zero, the quantity of detritus has also started to drop off drastically. before i could scoop all the crap together and it would probably fill a thimble 1/3 full. now its down to a light dusting, probably 25% or less of what it was before.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 am

Mastery, I have my own theories - but why do you think inversion and Yoga works for some and is derided by others. I think it has gotten a very unfair reputation, but have yet to try it myself as I want to give THAT method a full run before augmenting it.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

interesting observation - inversion table Empty still hanging

Post  calvicie Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:56 am

update - still positive results with respect to hair fall and detritus amounts. i can't believe i had any hair left on my head when comparing hair fall quantities a couple of months ago with what I'm losing now, which is practically nothing.

down side is that my eyebrows have freaked out and a couple of wild hairs sprouted out that required clipping. Ear hair also appears more dense, requiring battling back with tweezers. Back and knees also feel great, so even if this doesn't do anything in the long run for my hair, I'm happy with the purchase of the table.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:24 am

calvicie wrote:update - still positive results with respect to hair fall and detritus amounts. i can't believe i had any hair left on my head when comparing hair fall quantities a couple of months ago with what I'm losing now, which is practically nothing.

down side is that my eyebrows have freaked out and a couple of wild hairs sprouted out that required clipping. Ear hair also appears more dense, requiring battling back with tweezers. Back and knees also feel great, so even if this doesn't do anything in the long run for my hair, I'm happy with the purchase of the table.

Thanks for the update. Sounds promising, and it would be nice if i could afford one right now. Does it help with your posture? The random hair growth is what happens to me on minoxidil which is interesting.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for this post. I'm definitely going to buy one of these on my next paycheck, I forgot these existed. Looking on google shopping they are less than $100. I've been trying to do headstands on my own.. not happening. But this post reminded me of a post I read on here only yesterday that you all may find very interesting.

Lord_Justin13 made a huge post over here - immortalhair.forumotion.com/t3483-the-big-three-diseases-associated-with-mpb#30859 and said the following:

1. Minoxidil, This one works by saturating the scalp till it reaches the bloodstream. Originally treated for High Blood Pressure, many users of the product found that they would grow more hair, or re-grow hair. Once in the bloodstream, it dilates one of the potassium channels, and releases more blood and nutrients through the potassium channel which plays a major role in Hair growth.

(M.P.B. sufferers on average have 2% Blood flow in the scalp, as Non-M.P.B. Sufferers have 10%...)

Minoxidil, chemically is “potassium channel agonist.” Derived from the chemical structure of Nitric oxide (NO), a blood vessel dilator, is a nitric oxide agonist, Minoxidil may also act via release of Guanylate cyclase, an enzyme connected to vasodilation.

Minoxidil tricks the body into thinking it's preforming it's proper duty in ridding your blood system of LDL Cholesterol, Plague, Free-radicals etc..., since the body is receiving these compounds from an outside source, production lessons and becomes limited, hence, those who start rogaine then stop later, experience more shedding, and further hair loss. When the body is tricked this way, it cuts back on natural production and flushing of (NO).

MPB stands for I believe male pattern baldness. Not sure if his references reinforce what he said there, but it goes in line why this would be helpful if it does increase blood flow.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Paradox wrote:Does it help with your posture?
I haven't noticed, but didn't really have bad posture originally, so didn't pay put too much attention.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 pm

sanderson wrote:(M.P.B. sufferers on average have 2% Blood flow in the scalp, as Non-M.P.B. Sufferers have 10%...)

My guess is that it may hold true for the thyroid as well.

So the quote may look something like this

Thyroid sufferers on average have 2% Blood flow in the thyroid, as Non-thyroid sufferers have 10%

... waiting for more research on CCSVI to confirm this.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 am

I guess I'm the headstand queen. Been doing it for decades now. I rarely miss a day.

For some reason, it's always come easily to me. Maybe I was a yogi in a past life. Anyway, I'm sure it's helped keep my naturally fine and thin hair much
fuller (this varies with other factors such as diet) and mostly still brown. My 4 siblings, all younger than I, have all gone gray or white.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:00 am

Delphine wrote:

I guess I'm the headstand queen. Been doing it for decades now. I rarely miss a day.

For some reason, it's always come easily to me. Maybe I was a yogi in a past life. Anyway, I'm sure it's helped keep my naturally fine and thin hair much
fuller (this varies with other factors such as diet) and mostly still brown. My 4 siblings, all younger than I, have all gone gray or white.

gray hair: http://healthyfixx.com/48/can-gray-hair-be-reversed-naturally

So you think it's helped your hair significantly (at least with diameter or thickness)?

Head stands against a wall, not handstands right? Approx how much time a day?

Thanks

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Yes, as I said, I'm sure it's helped my hair, although I always think there is room for improvement!

Yes, headstands not handstands (never tried the latter). Not up against a wall, don't need the support. Again, it's always come easily to me. I usually do
it a couple of times a day, for five min. or so at a time.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Good to know....thanks. I'm going to start doing them.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Cool!

Ease into it:
http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/481
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks for saving me a google search Smile

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:59 am

Just remembered this from the chapter on growing hair, in Paavo Airola's book Health Secrets From Europe. He concludes the chapter with the recommendation to use
a slant board or do the headstand. Slant board 15 twice a day for 15 min. at a time, or headstand twice a day, 1 to 3 min. each time. (So I overshoot the mark, doing 5 min.
or more!) He writes:

Both are extremely effective in bringing more blood to the blood-starving scalp. Many men have reported better hair growth and even new hair in completely bald areas
after practicing headstands for a few months.

He also includes a warning that if you have high blood pressure or if the capillaries are in poor shape, to build up your condition with vitamin C and a good diet before trying headstands.

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Awesome! Doing them against the wall last time was hurting my neck some, which has never happened before. I will try to do them the proper way though. I can also try and just do handstands on the wall for as long as I can too. I'm in relatively good health, so no worries there.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Shoulderstand is also an option, brings blood to scalp like headstand, and probably easier for most people. It also has a strong effect on the thyroid.

Will let you Google that one. Smile
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next