Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Interesting observation about scalp tension EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interesting observation about scalp tension

+3
Growdamnit
jaredbecker
SlowMoe
7 posters

Go down

Interesting observation about scalp tension Empty Interesting observation about scalp tension

Post  SlowMoe Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:07 pm

I have found that when I am fully rested, or after martial arts class my scalp is pretty reloxed; when I put two fingers firmly on top of my scalp, it will move forwards or backwards roughly an inch either way without much effore. But i also noticed that most of the time throughout the day, my scalp will only move forward, telling me that the occipital muscles (back of the head) are chronically tense.

Do any of you notice something similar?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Interesting observation about scalp tension Empty Re: Interesting observation about scalp tension

Post  jaredbecker Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:41 am

SlowMoe wrote:I have found that when I am fully rested, or after martial arts class my scalp is pretty reloxed; when I put two fingers firmly on top of my scalp, it will move forwards or backwards roughly an inch either way without much effore. But i also noticed that most of the time throughout the day, my scalp will only move forward, telling me that the occipital muscles (back of the head) are chronically tense.

I just tried it and my scalp moves about half and inch forward and back. Do you by chance do the Tom Hagerty scalp exercises? Sometimes I'll do them while I'm in traffic.

jaredbecker

Back to top Go down

Interesting observation about scalp tension Empty Re: Interesting observation about scalp tension

Post  SlowMoe Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 am

jaredbecker wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:I have found that when I am fully rested, or after martial arts class my scalp is pretty reloxed; when I put two fingers firmly on top of my scalp, it will move forwards or backwards roughly an inch either way without much effore. But i also noticed that most of the time throughout the day, my scalp will only move forward, telling me that the occipital muscles (back of the head) are chronically tense.

I just tried it and my scalp moves about half and inch forward and back. Do you by chance do the Tom Hagerty scalp exercises? Sometimes I'll do them while I'm in traffic.
From time to time but I just dont like the idea of exercising those muscles cause in my mind it is making them stronger (may increase tension?)
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:56 am

I also train in martial arts and feel looseness in the scalp afterwards. Not sure if scalp tension really does have to do with hair loss, though.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:21 am

Growdamnit wrote:Not sure if scalp tension really does have to do with hair loss, though.
http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Fulltext/2010/11000/Treatment_of_Male_Pattern_Baldness_with_Botulinum.79.aspx?WT.mc_id=HPxADx20100319xMP

Last edited by SlowMoe on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:28 am

I do the Insanity programs (HIIT) and notice a looseness in the scalp afterwards as well. Throughout the day if I feel my scalp tense up, I stretch my neck muscles and it goes back to being relaxed. I do this by gripping the top of my head as if I was going to lift my body that way and then point my head towards the ground and rock it side to side. It works great!

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  rickfowler Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi there,

Yes I experienced the same. I lost a considerable quantity of hair and tried unsuccessfully to counter its effects with various remedies, to no avail. I was then advised by a friend to contact the experts at ForHair.com where I consulted Dr. Cole a world renowned surgeon. He gave me a good treatment and today I have a full scalp of hair with any scalp problem as well.

rickfowler

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:22 pm

rickfowler wrote:Hi there,

Yes I experienced the same. I lost a considerable quantity of hair and tried unsuccessfully to counter its effects with various remedies, to no avail. I was then advised by a friend to contact the experts at ForHair.com where I consulted Dr. Cole a world renowned surgeon. He gave me a good treatment and today I have a full scalp of hair with any scalp problem as well.
Get out of here.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:07 am

rickfowler wrote:Hi there,

OMG amaaaaaaazing
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  nara Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:18 am

SlowMoe ,

My scalp only move backwards after my accupuncture season , steam bath /Sauna and some times after my kick boxing leasons, couldnt think of the reason why --mabe as you said it has to do with being rested ...

nara

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 am

nara wrote:

SlowMoe ,

My scalp only move backwards after my accupuncture season , steam bath /Sauna and some times after my kick boxing leasons, couldnt think of the reason why --mabe as you said it has to do with being rested ...

Exercise relieves stress. Stress=muscle tension.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:17 pm

SlowMoe wrote:
jaredbecker wrote:

From time to time but I just dont like the idea of exercising those muscles cause in my mind it is making them stronger (may increase tension?)

I've been exercising these muscles everyday for the last 3 weeks about. Here's what I've noticed so far. It seems like my hair loss has actually increased somewhat. However, my hair quality is much better than normal. For example, my hair used to be very DRY. I would shampoo and the next day it would be very frizzy. I used to purposely shampoo at night just so I could buildup some grease or whatever it is called so my hair didnt look so dry. Now my hair looks good after shampooing. It looks much, much healthier. I've only been doing the back muscles though of my head. I've only do a few of the front muscles because I understand you need to get your back of your head muscles strong first and then you can do the front muscles so you avoid getting wrinkles in your forehead.

I also notice I have a lot of scalp tension on my head. I really think scalp tension is the cause of hair loss and I will tell you why. I have an odd shaped head. It is hard to describe. Here's the best way I can describe: MY head is flat at the top, then after about 4/5 towards the back of my head, my skull angles down at something like a 20 or 30 degree angle down for an inch, then it cuts quickly down back to my neck. It's like a triangle kinda at the back. I'm white but my dad was born in Afirca (not black, more indian type), so if you think of how Africans have weird shape heads sometimes, that is me but I'm white. Anyway, I always wondered why my hair loss is specifically at the top of my head and at the front of my head, but it is NOT at the back of my head at all. Like I never have any loss at all at the very back of my head.

I just started feeling the tension at this post, and it is so on the money it is ridiculous. My scalp tension at teh back of my head is completely non exististant. It is so flexible and moves in many directions easily. As soon as I go above the 30 degree angle to the top flat part of my head, my scalp is much more tense. There is definetely a difference in tension. The side of my skull is very loose as well.

Although I am losing currently from the scalp exercise, my massively improved hair quality is going to make me keep doing it along with other blood flow factors.

FWIW, I also ripped up the carpet in my house and found a MASSIVE black mark on the wood under the carpet. We added bleach to it and destroyed it. A lot of my scalp itch has disappeared since then. I found this out after I went to a friends house for a weekend and my scalp itch became non existant, which led me to mold which is what JDP or rdkl or whichever name he goes by keeps talking about.

I think right now scalp tension + mold exposure is definetely what is causing loss for me right now. When I add in a good diet and limit masturbation during this high loss time.. I feel less itch. The mold thing has been the biggest factor in the less itch.

I'm going to keep doing scalp/facial exercises fwiw.

btw, I'm trying to do ALL his facial exercises, not just the scalp exercise. I am assuming that all the exercises will send blood in the general direction towards the scalp besides just the scalp one. I bought his DVD for 25 bucks where he shows how he does each one. You can learn them or buy his dvd at www.shapeyourface.com

tom haggerty is like the most interesting man in the world
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:35 pm

interesting observation ive just noticed. when i put my hand and hold it on one spot on the top of my head and then move my scalp, i feel my scalp's tension. the sides of my head are still less tense. however, i see when i flex and hold my occipitalis muscles (back of head muscles), and then check scalp tension at the top of my head, my scalp tension becomes very tense to the point where i cannot move my scalp at all.

so when i am doing the occipitalis muscle flexing and holding it, the top of my scalp is being stretched since it becomes stuck in place as compared to having more flexibility when im not doing the muscle flex. i will continue doing this exercise as i now feel that it is stretching the top scalp muscle. since it is stretching it during the flex, then it should be making it less tense when it is not flexed.

i also see scalp movement when i flex the occipitalis. i also feel my forehead lifting up as well when i do it. i'm hoping this is going to help me start regrowing hair since my hair has become much thicker. it becomes much greasier in less time, i think because much better blood flow. hair is falling out more i believe, but im pretty sure it will grow back since it is not itchy when falling out.

also, i think the other facial exercise are helping to promote blood flow to the scalp. one of tom hagerdys exercises is toning up the front neck. im wondering if the combo of exercises is maybe indirectly building up blood vessels that are leading to the scalp.

(my bad if i repeated some things from my above post or other post i made here)
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down