Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI?

4 posters

Go down

Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? Empty Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI?

Post  whodathunkit Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:16 am

Forgive if this has been asked and answered before. I just can't find it.

Is there a material difference between iodine preparations such as Lugol's or Iodoral and SSKI, or is the difference merely one of proportions?

My bottle of TriQuench (labeled as SSKI) says "1 drop = 19mg iodine from 25mg potassium iodide"

My bottle of Iodoral says "potassium iodide 7.5mg, iodine 5mg"

My bottle of Lugol's 5% just lists percentages: "10% potassium iodide, 5% iodine"

So, as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any difference between what we call SSKI and what we call "iodine" (such as Lugol's), other than proportion and possibly preparation (pills v. liquid).

If there is a difference, can someone school me? This has kind of been bothering me for a while now. I feel dumb because I haven't figured it out yet. LOL

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? Empty Re: Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI?

Post  ubraj Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:31 am

Lugol's and Iodoral contains both Iodine and Iodide (SSKI).

Easiest way to take Iodine/Iodide IMO/IME is through SSKI and buy something like detoxified iodine or nascent Iodine. Those two sources of iodine are less harsh than Lugol's and more easily absorbed and thus more effective at a lower dose so to speak.

If you take Iodine you have to take selenium to balance the thyroid. One without the other makes thyroid issues worse.

Also, don't forget the salt to detox the bromine.

Also, you may also want Vitamin C to help detox and you would take the Vitamin C about an hour after Iodine/Iodide dose.

I should also mention that some prefer Kelp or seaweed or whatever but most is contaminated.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI? Empty Re: Is there a real difference between "iodine" (like Lugol's or Iodoral) and SSKI?

Post  whodathunkit Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks for the tips, jdp. Incidentally, salt loading already helped get rid of most of my reaction to taking iodine/iodide. I do it for my adrenals but it helped other things, as well.

I'm really quite pleased with the Triquench. Seems pretty potent.

But I'm a little confused about "nascent iodine". I have some (it's kind of old, like a couple years or maybe more), and haven't used it much because there wasn't much info on dosage (only that it takes "much less" of the nascent than something like Lugol's). Does "nascent" mean it's not derived from iodide? Or does the fact that it's "purified" mean it's been rendered so that only the iodine fraction remains?

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Iodine and iodide are two seperate things.

With that said, your body will convert Iodine to Iodide shortly after consuming. If taken with food the salt or vitamin c or similar will also cause it to be converted and thus you'd want to take iodine on an empty stomach. Also, if the body is not copper toxic, then the body will also convert the iodide stored in the body to iodine as well... probably when needed I assume.

Regarding nascent or detoxified iodine you have to keep in mind that minerals can be biounavailable or less absorbable or whatever. Nascent or detoxified iodine helps here so that one doesn't have to take such a large dose of iodine. Not to mention if one is heavy metal toxic, all that iodine in Lugol's can be pretty harsh. Not only that but can also positively charge minerals in the body as well if I'm not mistaken. When many minerals are positively charged they are biounavailable and can be toxic and can be excreted or pushed out of the body through the skin/hair if I'm not mistaken.

Basically, while large doses of Lugol's or Iodoral is what the Iodine docs use, there is a better method and I agree with the method that's talked about at the Iodine supplementation forum at curezone and that is to take the Iodide/SSKI and then take nascent or detoxified iodine for the iodine.

more info on nascent iodine = http://puremagoil.com/magnascentiodine.htm

By the way, if you'd rather use Lugol's instead you can use put two magnets on the outside of the Lugol's bottle. It will help to make it more bioavailable and also less harsh on your body and therefore can get away with smaller amounts.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:15 pm

whodathunkit wrote:Forgive if this has been asked and answered before. I just can't find it.

Is there a material difference between iodine preparations such as Lugol's or Iodoral and SSKI, or is the difference merely one of proportions?
Iodide, is iodine bound to another element, in the case of SSKI it is potassium. Regular iodine is I2 or a bond of iodine with iodine.

My bottle of TriQuench (labeled as SSKI) says "1 drop = 19mg iodine from 25mg potassium iodide"
My guess is that 25mg KI contain 19mg iodine and 6mg potassium. It still is only iodide because it's all bound.

My bottle of Iodoral says "potassium iodide 7.5mg, iodine 5mg"

My bottle of Lugol's 5% just lists percentages: "10% potassium iodide, 5% iodine"
Iodoral is lugols in solid form, they should have the same formula

So, as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any difference between what we call SSKI and what we call "iodine" (such as Lugol's), other than proportion and possibly preparation (pills v. liquid).
Not only the molecules are different, the effect is too. Some bodyparts like iodine, other like iodide. The thyroid stores iodide but has a mechanism to make iodine from it. Many other differences but what I think is important to mention is that iodine and mercury can form a bond that is more harmful than without the iodine, while iodide doesn't bond with mercury. IMO a big reason to take SSKI until your mercury free.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:05 am

How much selenium should one take when supplementing with iodine? Is it in direct proportion with he amount of iodine being consumed?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 am

theseeker86 wrote:How much selenium should one take when supplementing with iodine? Is it in direct proportion with he amount of iodine being consumed?
No, it should be in proportion of mercury toxicity. Once mercury free you need only small amounts, 200mcg per day would be more than enough. DMSA per cutler protocol plus 200-400mcg Selenomethionine is what I do.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am

Good info, thanks jdp and pancacke!

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down