Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)?

+9
CausticSymmetry
magic_gro
tooyoung
finemrespice
lostwind
pancacke
LittleFighter
act
teacup
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? Empty iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)?

Post  teacup Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:36 am

I am watching a lecture by Dr. David Brownstein "Iodine the most misunderstood nutrient" .. you can get it via bit torrent here http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Iodine-The-Most-Misunderstood-Nutrient/3952ad34874320d635ff929696349f4cbe07aeb2fe59

Dr Brownstein says to take both iodine and iodide for better results.

I take Iosol which is only iodine and would like to know if I should use Lugols or Iodoral instead.

Are there other good supplements for iodine?

Thanks
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? Empty Re: iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)?

Post  act<react Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:38 am

I've used Iodoral for a couple of months during my initial time posting on this site in the spring of 2010, and it was good, but I found liquid Iodine's to be better ... might just be me, or the initial detox phase I was in ... I just prefer Iodine and Vit c.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? Empty Re: iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)?

Post  LittleFighter Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 am

teacup wrote:I am watching a lecture by Dr. David Brownstein "Iodine the most misunderstood nutrient" .. you can get it via bit torrent here http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Iodine-The-Most-Misunderstood-Nutrient/3952ad34874320d635ff929696349f4cbe07aeb2fe59

Dr Brownstein says to take both iodine and iodide for better results.

I take Iosol which is only iodine and would like to know if I should use Lugols or Iodoral instead.

Are there other good supplements for iodine?

Thanks

Iosol is a mixture of Iodine AND Iodide.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:02 pm

There is only a very tiny amount of iodide in it and not in the form of ki but from ammonium idoide. Doesn't really matter since the body transforms iodine to iodide and the other way around as it needs....
I like iosol for topical application, it doesn't stain like lugols and is not as harsh! If I wanted a pure iodine supplement I'd go with magnascent though.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Guys, any idea where to get SSKI in Canada? there's no problems getting Lugols here, but I see on curezone that they have a concentrated about, like 25mg = 1 drop, it would be much easier to take.

I am taking 15 drops now with water on empty stomach + 200mcg selenium + 400mg magnesium + 15mg zinc + 3000mg of vitamin c, I noticed lugols becomes quite harsh and I realized tha 2 drops of SSKI would be equivalent to what I am taking using lugols..

I also noticed that I have developed some hard pimples on my forehead, which are painful and cannot be squizzed... Sad

Thanks!

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:43 pm

According to the video I mentioned above the body cannot convert iodine to iodide, and SSKI is not recommended by Dr Brownstein.

I find Iodoral to be a bit pricey
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:49 pm

teacup wrote:According to the video I mentioned above the body cannot convert iodine to iodide, and SSKI is not recommended by Dr Brownstein.

I find Iodoral to be a bit pricey

Ok, so you would just stick to the 5% lugols?

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:14 pm

lostwind wrote:

I also noticed that I have developed some hard pimples on my forehead, which are painful and cannot be squizzed... Sad

Thanks!

These pimples are a sign of bromine detox i believe, common.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Iosol, if the manufacturer didn't lie to me, is 50% Iodine and 50% Iodide.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Best deal I've -ever- seen on Iodine is Lugol's from Xenex labs, can be purchased at London Drugs and Save On Foods in Canada, not sure about the East Coast as I've never seen either of those stors that far towards Europe.

Ten Bucks for 100ml!!!

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:36 pm

LittleFighter wrote:Iosol, if the manufacturer didn't lie to me, is 50% Iodine and 50% Iodide.
If that is true it'd be great.. the label says iodine though... hmm , it is pretty soluble in water and i heard that pure iodine is not very soluble so maybe it does have potassium iodide to make it soluble.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:41 pm

actBest deal I've -ever- seen on Iodine is Lugol's from Xenex labs, can be purchased at London Drugs and Save On Foods in Canada, not sure about the East Coast as I've never seen either of those stors that far towards Europe.

Ten Bucks for 100ml!!!

wow, thats a good deal, 5% lugols is around 16$ in quebec... do you have to pre-order? or they normally have it in stock?
the ones who are taking lugols, how many drops a day do you do ? i presume for maintenance?

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Dosage depends on the individual, I don't measure, I just let my body tell me what to take ... but yeah, awesome deal!
Also, only took two days to have it ship!

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:49 pm

actDosage depends on the individual, I don't measure, I just let my body tell me what to take ... but yeah, awesome deal!
Also, only took two days to have it ship!

Ok, so you have them ship it to you... that's nice.

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:50 pm

To ship to the store I mean, still have to go pick it up.

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:34 pm

teacup,

Check the description of this:

http://shop.tpcsdirect.com/product.sc;jsessionid=F3DF4D1D77EF8B5F36F233C350D7D400.qscstrfrnt04?productId=25&categoryId=2
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:18 am

thanks, i wonder why their label doesnt mention glycerine or iodide..
and would the glycerin effect absorption of the iodine/iodide?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:17 am

http://www.iherb.com/TPCS-Iosol-Formula-II-1-fl-oz-30-ml/4785?at=0

Iodide is listed under 'other ingridients', what I read on forums including this one, it's thought to be a more or less pure iodine supplement.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:37 am

I just sent the manufacturer an email.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:09 am

I watched the documentary, its pretty impressive, its these other youtube publications by some odd MD's who say that supplementing will result in hashimotos, the mainstream tries to keep ppl sick in order to treat them with their made meds I guess. Pharma makes $$$

My last lab results were, slightly elevated LDL and triglycerides. Aside that everything was normal.

Dr. Brownstein mentioned that vegetarians / vegans are more deficient then others, and I have been vegetarian for nearly 7 years.

I started taking:

* Lugols with all the needed nutrients
* Vitamin c + proline + lysine

and the IH top supplements

Hopefully my future blood readings will look better in terms of cholesterol Smile

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? Empty SO IOSOL...

Post  finemrespice Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:05 am

IS IOSOL AS EFFECTIVE AS LUGOL'S OR NOT? I AM NOT STILL CLEAR ON THIS... SINCE WE POTASSIUM IODIDE DO WE NEED TO GO W. LUGOLS OR IS IOSOL OKAY?

finemrespice

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:16 am

I don't know of benefits over lugols, than maybe less harsh detox reactions in some people and no stain when applied toically....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:18 am

pancacke wrote:I don't know of benefits over lugols, than maybe less harsh detox reactions in some people and no stain when applied toically....

Hey, I just found out that vertical drops are not equal to horizontal... and I noticed big detox from horizontal lol.

1 vertical drop = 6 mg
1 horizontal drop = 12 mg

So I was doing 15 horizontal drops for the past few days... and developed quite a detox Smile I guess I should back down to vertical.

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

iodine+iodide (Iodoral) or just iodine (Iosol)? Empty THANKS PANCAKE

Post  finemrespice Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:20 am

IOSOL WILL PROVIDE IODIDE THRU CONVERTING THE IODINE TO IODIDE??? THUS DO WE GET IODIDE FROM IOSOL? OR DO WE NEED A SEPARATE SUPPLEMENT FOR IODIDE? THANK YOU

finemrespice

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:21 am

finemrespice wrote:IOSOL WILL PROVIDE IODIDE THRU CONVERTING THE IODINE TO IODIDE??? THUS DO WE GET IODIDE FROM IOSOL? OR DO WE NEED A SEPARATE SUPPLEMENT FOR IODIDE? THANK YOU

Just get lugols, its stronger per drop and the cost is cheaper...and you get both iodine and iodide.

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next