Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss?

+9
Amaranthaceae
pancacke
randle20
Zaphod
NDW
Delphine
Misirlou
scottyc33
helpmyhair1
13 posters

Go down

What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? Empty What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss?

Post  helpmyhair1 Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:50 am

Of course stopping hairloss is a multi-faceted approached, but what is the one thing you are doing that is biggest part of making your regimen successful. Also lets say besides diet as I feel that'll be the biggest choice for most. So besides diet, what is it?

For me, I am still losing the battle, but I feel that curcumin/resveratrol helps significantly to slow it down. Still losing though.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? Empty Re: What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss?

Post  scottyc33 Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:24 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:Of course stopping hairloss is a multi-faceted approached, but what is the one thing you are doing that is biggest part of making your regimen successful. Also lets say besides diet as I feel that'll be the biggest choice for most. So besides diet, what is it?

For me, I am still losing the battle, but I feel that curcumin/resveratrol helps significantly to slow it down. Still losing though.

Curcumin & Resveratrol combination dosed properly was the game-changer for me.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss? Empty Re: What is the one game-changer that helped stop your hairloss?

Post  Misirlou Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:27 am

scottyc33 wrote:Curcumin & Resveratrol combination dosed properly was the game-changer for me.
What about this kick ass product? http://www.iherb.com/Biotivia-Bio-Span-500-mg-60-Vcaps/17776?at=hil335

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:34 am

Misirlou wrote:
scottyc33 wrote:Curcumin & Resveratrol combination dosed properly was the game-changer for me.
What about this kick ass product? http://www.iherb.com/Biotivia-Bio-Span-500-mg-60-Vcaps/17776?at=0

I've never taken that particular brand, although I'd be nervous taking a 75% resveratrol extract.

When I first experimented with resveratrol I took a 50% extract and had the worst stomach problems of my life (from the emodin).

When I switched to a 99% extract, the stomach issues disappeared.

Then I experimented with large doses of resveratrol (300mg - 600mg per day) and started having joint problems.

When I dialed it down to 200mg per day, the joint problems disappeared.

So 200mg 99% resveratrol and 500mg curcumin per day seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:52 am

What about a liquid 99% version?
http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Answer-Resveratrol-Reserve-Cellular-Longevity-Complex-5-fl-oz-150-ml/23375?at=hil335

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:08 am

Misirlou wrote:What about a liquid 99% version?
http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Answer-Resveratrol-Reserve-Cellular-Longevity-Complex-5-fl-oz-150-ml/23375?at=hil335

"One teaspoon (5 ml) serving contains 125 mg of trans-resveratrol."

It looks ok, but you're only getting 30 doses of 125mg. Maybe the co-factors included would make up for it though.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:19 am

Biggest factor besides diet: headstand, hands down Wink
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:34 pm

LLLT or finasteride
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm waiting for someone to write >>> IODINE <<< !!! Das magic bulleto! No one? Wink

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:02 pm

i'd give my credit to extra virgin coconut oil - internally.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:26 am

There were a couple of game changers for me.

In the beginning IH's topical. Slowed it down alot. Then Iodine slowed it down dramatically. Then I got onto a thyroid med t3-t4 which helped alot as well. Dropped all of those and currently Eggshell calcium / sugar is helping alot.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:26 am

randle20 wrote:There were a couple of game changers for me.

In the beginning IH's topical. Slowed it down alot. Then Iodine slowed it down dramatically. Then I got onto a thyroid med t3-t4 which helped alot as well. Dropped all of those and currently Eggshell calcium / sugar is helping alot.
Replacing iodine, one of the most deficient minerals in our diets with sugar, one of the most abundant ingridients in western diet....brilliant!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:07 am

After Resv / Curc - Heavy Metal Detox

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:25 am

Pycnogenol or Grape seed extract

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  longhairedredhead Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:23 am

I can't tell whether I've stopped it yet or not (I highly doubt), but 500mg taurine/day significantly decreased my daily&shower shedding by at least 50% after only two-and-a-half week of taking it.
Last week I went off taurine for a week, and the shedding increased to about half-way in between.

longhairedredhead

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:41 pm

pancacke wrote:

Replacing iodine, one of the most deficient minerals in our diets with sugar, one of the most abundant ingridients in western diet....brilliant!

It is sad that there are posters here like pancake that dont understand a simple thread like this that is asking a question rather then encouraging criticism. Little do you know I have experimented with Iodine probably more then anyone on this forum. I took doses for a year and a half ranging from 50-300MG a day. Recently became sensitive to it (probably because I over saturated myself with it) so I dropped it. Now if I take it even in the smallest amounts 5mg, I start breaking out badly and loose libido fast. (Read Brownsteins book section Iodism) From my experience it is useless to take dosages that high for a long time. There are other factors that influence the thyroid that should be addressed like sugar, and calcium. Sugar helps detoxify the liver and reduces stress. Since 3/4 of thyroid production takes place in the liver its a good idea to take care of it. I recently added white sugar to my regimen as before I was avoiding it in my diet. I have seen results in the past 3 months. I also tried using calcium supplements and nothing compared to eggshell calcium. Again this is me, my experience and only here to help people. In a short three months Hair is nice and thick/looking good and anxiety is down. If people are trying stuff and not getting the results this post if here for them to consider. Instead of criticizing others next time you should ask a question.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:14 pm

randle20 wrote:
pancacke wrote:

It is sad that there are posters here like pancake that dont understand a simple thread like this that is asking a question rather then encouraging criticism.
I took the freedom to comment on your post, sorry for that.

How you get iodism from 5mg I don't know but the symptoms you describe are covered by bromide.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:29 am

The clash of two egos. Brilliant.

santa

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:04 am

I haven't stopped hair loss yet, but I think I have slowed it down the best with humifulvate.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:13 am

randle20 wrote:
pancacke wrote:

It is sad that there are posters here like pancake that dont understand a simple thread like this that is asking a question rather then encouraging criticism. Little do you know I have experimented with Iodine probably more then anyone on this forum. I took doses for a year and a half ranging from 50-300MG a day. Recently became sensitive to it (probably because I over saturated myself with it) so I dropped it. Now if I take it even in the smallest amounts 5mg, I start breaking out badly and loose libido fast. (Read Brownsteins book section Iodism) From my experience it is useless to take dosages that high for a long time. There are other factors that influence the thyroid that should be addressed like sugar, and calcium. Sugar helps detoxify the liver and reduces stress. Since 3/4 of thyroid production takes place in the liver its a good idea to take care of it. I recently added white sugar to my regimen as before I was avoiding it in my diet. I have seen results in the past 3 months. I also tried using calcium supplements and nothing compared to eggshell calcium. Again this is me, my experience and only here to help people. In a short three months Hair is nice and thick/looking good and anxiety is down. If people are trying stuff and not getting the results this post if here for them to consider. Instead of criticizing others next time you should ask a question.

At the risk of derailing the thread, I want to ask you about your experience with thyroid. Can you give yout thoughts?

I have taken the basal temperature test three days in a role and scored; 96.3, 96.2, and 96.3. This after nearly a half a year taking anywhere from 12.5 to 50mg lugols a day and the addition of 130mg of SSKI added to that about a month and a half ago. I also take co-factors as well, all of them except for tyrosine. I definitely have many hypothyroid symptoms, but I am faily skinny and have diffuculty putting on weight and I have the frame to add on 15 maybe even 20 pounds of lean muscle, but my attempts are hard and keeping it on is even harder.

I know that I have a thyroid problem, but what I am doing does not appear to be working. Thank you for posting this, because I wanted to touch on this issue here with others. What might I be doing wrong? Is there something else I should be doing? Should I be on thyroid, and what is a good thyroid medication that I could thry? Was thinking of the one that CS recommends on healthyfixx. Any thoughts anyone?

TS, sorry, if you want I will repost this in an original thread...
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:21 am

bh20, your experience sounds similar to mine. No matter how much Iodine/Selenium/Zinc/Mag I took nothing seemed to get my body temperatures up. I even tried raw thyroid and that got my temps up but only temporarily and never liked the idea. My goal recently was to get off my thyroid med due to costs and the fact that I didnt want to take it. The things that helped bring my temps up are sugar and calcium. I have elevated serotonin levels so thats probably why calcium works well for me. I add about 4 packets of white sugar two times a day in my coffee now and I consume 1 teaspoon of eggshell calcium with meals. Danny roddy made a video on youtube which show you how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8AJot5jnbs Calcium is really good for the thyroid and parathyroid glands as well. You can also add coconut oil to your regimen and make sure your getting enough protein. Sugar and protein go hand in hand.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:21 am

I'm leaning more these days toward organic sources of Iodine, rather than synthetic. Irish Sea Moss is a pretty good source.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:08 am

nidhogge wrote:I'm leaning more these days toward organic sources of Iodine, rather than synthetic. Irish Sea Moss is a pretty good source.

I've also heard that organic iodine beats synthetic (but from people that sell organic iodine, so I can't say it is really true or not). For example:

"Natural Tree Based "Green" Tree Iodine Tincture
INGREDIENTS: All Natural Tree based Iodine / Potassium, Olive Leaf & Oregano. I wrote a 108 page book exploring Iodine History and the reasons why I believe all commercial made forms of Iodine to be nothing but toxic chemicals that the human body “rejects” and why the human body loves Natural Tree Extracted Iodine and I believe if your Iodine source is not from a tree, then it is not a “usable” Iodine for human health." ...from oldfashionedspices

Another good source of organic iodine seems to be the black walnut hull tincture used in deworming protocols (http://selfhealthresourcecenter.info/newsletter-archive/black-walnut-hulls-a-potent-source-of-protective-iodine/), according to that website (keep in mind they sell stuff there).

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down