Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Questions about food / diet. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Questions about food / diet. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Questions about food / diet. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Questions about food / diet. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Questions about food / diet. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Questions about food / diet. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Questions about food / diet. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Questions about food / diet. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Questions about food / diet. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questions about food / diet.

3 posters

Go down

Questions about food / diet. Empty Questions about food / diet.

Post  NDW Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello guys. I have a few questions about my diet.
Its obvious certain foods like greens, and home cooked meats are good for you. But what about the less obvious things. What if i eat fast food quite a bit but its not covered in grease and i order water instead of soda? I like fast meals so i eat alot of things like frozen pizzas, Hot Pockets, Toaster Scrambles, macaroni and cheese, scrambled eggs, corndogs, hotdogs and such. I know these things are better than junk like sugary sweets and potato chips but im still kinda lost.

I would like to know where i am on the healthy diet spectrum? And how am i supposed to know if these things are considered a good or bad diet?
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Questions about food / diet. Empty Re: Questions about food / diet.

Post  granger451 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:27 pm

NDW-

I think you probably know the answer to this deep down. I would say a good rule of thumb/first step would be to lean towards as much unprocessed foods as possible. Although nutrition is an inexact science with much up for debate it i feel safe in saying that hydrogenated oils, trans-fats, HFCS, etc. that comes with processed foods is probably bad for you. I now generally don't trust food corporations as their incentives are not aligned with your health.

Outside of this in terms of macronutrient ratios,micronutrient optimization, food specifics, etc.
I would really just encourage you to seek out your own information and experiment with yourself Smile

Finally don't worry about the occasional 'unhealthy' meals. Feeding a metabolically wrecked organism spinach and liver once won't transform them toward health overnight. Similarly a healthy organism can tolerate acute 'stress' here or there Smile

Hope this helps

granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Questions about food / diet. Empty Questions about food / diet

Post  NDW Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Yeah i was pretty suspicious of my diet. But a lot of what i eat doesnt have the oils or HFCS in it. Other that that, the only reason i can think of that processed food (aka frozen food that you microwave) would be bad is because a lack of nutrients? It just seems like people are conditioned to believe processed/packaged foods are not good for you, but i wanted to know why. I will add that a lot of the things i eat are quite balanced, containing meat, dairy, some vegetable and some sort of bread product. According to the food pyramid i am eating quite well.

I guess i still dont have enough evidence to drop these things from my diet.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:56 pm

NDW wrote:Hello guys. I have a few questions about my diet.
Its obvious certain foods like greens, and home cooked meats are good for you. But what about the less obvious things. What if i eat fast food quite a bit but its not covered in grease and i order water instead of soda? I like fast meals so i eat alot of things like frozen pizzas, Hot Pockets, Toaster Scrambles, macaroni and cheese, scrambled eggs, corndogs, hotdogs and such. I know these things are better than junk like sugary sweets and potato chips but im still kinda lost.

I would like to know where i am on the healthy diet spectrum? And how am i supposed to know if these things are considered a good or bad diet?

It depends on what you want to achieve:-

To regrow hair that diet will likely fail. To be averagely healthy you could be OK, but just as likely not... IMO

I've posted many times about this before, but basicaly eat what grows and only what grows in this ratio 60 - 70% organic veggies, the rest a mixture of good fats and quality protein. Try to avoid grains, dairy and of course sugar.

To really regrow hair - add in tons of sprouted seeds and some soaked nuts (high in fat), green vegetable juices daily, eat alkaline (check it with ph paper) and great quality water.

To fit with fast lifestyle, buy a slow cooker and everynight fill it with 1/4 animal protein and 3/4 vegtables - when you wake up you will have 4 - 6 great meals ready to go, which can happily simmer all day.

You might enjoy my list on the thread "diet to beat MPB"

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Questions about food / diet. Empty Questions about food / diet

Post  NDW Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. When i got home today, instead of reaching for the frozen pizza i cooked some salmon and had a couple apples instead.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down