Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
KFC Double Down? EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
KFC Double Down? EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
KFC Double Down? EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
KFC Double Down? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
KFC Double Down? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
KFC Double Down? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
KFC Double Down? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
KFC Double Down? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
KFC Double Down? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

KFC Double Down?

+11
ubraj
Whip
OldObsoleteDog
CausticSymmetry
Joey
Espio
angstman
hadrion
Jocko59
Amaranthaceae
xyion1
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KFC Double Down? Empty KFC Double Down?

Post  Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVLEB0lv1rw

Gotta love the ever-changing North American diet.

Back to top Go down

KFC Double Down? Empty Re: KFC Double Down?

Post  xyion1 Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:31 pm

disregarding the sodium levels, if you went with the grilled chicken vs the fried and held the sauce, that actually isnt that bad.

2 chicken breasts, bacon, and cheese...thats almost paleo eating. No bread, no fries, no cola. I'd wager it's probably 5-600 calories as designed above which is a decent quick "fast food" meal.

xyion1

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:06 am

Industrial chickens are reportedly full of estrogenic compounds .. along with pork. I stopped eating chicken unless organic. Never liked pork much anyway.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

KFC Double Down? Empty Good for you...

Post  Jocko59 Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:05 am

If you can afford to eat an all organic diet that's great. That is however, beyond the reach of most people, particularly in these economic times when the real unemployment rate is approximately 16%; in the U.S. at least.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:10 am

That double down is vile. I watched a guy eat it the other day during a meeting. He looked like he was going to die about 10 minutes after finishing it.

As for eating organic and the cost involved, Jocko is absolutely right. I live w/in a couple of miles from a Whole Foods. If I shopped there exclusively I would be broke. At the regular supermarkets the organic products are on average double what the non-organic products are. Spending $250 a week on groceries isn't easy to swallow for anyone right now.

Some of you may live near farms and such that allow you to eat organic cheaply, but for those of us who live in metropolitan areas, it's near impossible to do it without feeling the pinch financially.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:39 am

Its actually 540 calories if Im not mistaken. Ill try it this weekend and let you guys know. Hey at least its gluten free right?
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:33 am

The double down itself isn't very cheap either, $4.99 for just the sandwich alone, no combo. I tried it once because my parents were treating, it was delicious. I don't see why you guys think it would be bad for hair.

If I'm going to eat fast food i"ll usually get a Big-Carl from Carls Jr, but I get it without sauce and lettuce wrapped (no bread) so it's just 2 patties, cheese, and lettuce. Sometimes I'll get it with BBQ sauce but that has HFCS in it. It's only $2.49. I can eat 2 of them in one meal.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:44 am

Don't think I could stomach anything like that, the thought alone puts me off

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:08 am

Espio - Me too, if I'm in a hurry I'll buy two Big Carl's with nothing on it, except for some added salt and take out one of the buns and take two of the patties on the other to make a quadruple stack.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  OldObsoleteDog Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 am

It would take sheer will power to swallow such
a thing as that Surprised i imagine the chicken is deep fried
in hydrogenated oil and well cheese is pastured being bad
for a man's toupee Very Happy usually when im hungry and on
the go i eat spoon fulls of olive oil and take a bite
out of beans Smile relatively cheap. or i eat raw eggs
OldObsoleteDog
OldObsoleteDog

Back to top Go down

Post  OldObsoleteDog Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 am

I make my beans from scratch :]
it reminds me of a saying.
those who don't take the time to prepare
are only preparing for defeat Smile
OldObsoleteDog
OldObsoleteDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:17 am

Yum:

KFC®️ Original Recipe®️ Filet [Fresh, Boneless Chicken Breast Filets, Rice Starch, Soy Protein Concentrate, Salt, Sodium Phosphates and Monosodium Glutamate. Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Spices, and Garlic Powder. Battered With: Water, Wheat Flour, Tapioca Dextrin, High Amylose Corn Starch, Nonfat Dry Milk, Dried Whey, Dextrose, and Dried Egg Whites. Predusted With: Wheat Flour, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Spices, Nonfat Dry Milk, Dried Whey, Dried Egg Whites, and Garlic Powder. Breading Set in Low Trans Fat Oil (RDB) Soybean or Corn/Soy Blend With or Without TBHQ], Colonel’s Sauce [Soybean Oil, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Egg Yolk, Sugar, Salt, Modified Corn Starch, Paprika, Xanthan Gum, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Chicken Broth, Garlic Powder, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Potassium Sorbate, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Natural Flavor, Chicken Fat, Dehydrated Chicken and Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten], Bacon [Cured with Water, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, May Also Contain Smoke Flavoring], Pepper Jack Cheese Slice [Milk, Water, Cheese Culture, Cream, Green and Red Jalapeno Peppers, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Vinegar, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Natural Flavor, Calcium Chloride, Acetic Acid, Soy Lecithin and Enzymes], Monterey Jack Cheese Slice [Cultured Milk & Skim Milk, Water, Cream, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Lactic Acid, Enzymes, Artificial Color & Soy Lecithin]

KFC®️ Grilled Filet [Fresh Chicken Marinated with Salt, Potassium and Sodium Phosphates. Seasoned With: Maltodextrin, Salt, Bleached Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Secret Kentucky Grilled Chicken Spices, Palm Oil, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Chicken Fat, Chicken Broth, Autolyzed Yeast, Beef Powder, Rendered Beef Fat, Extractives of Turmeric, Dehydrated Carrot, Onion Powder, and Not More Than 2% Each of Calcium Silicate and Silicon Dioxide Added As Anticaking Agents.], Colonel’s Sauce [Soybean Oil, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Egg Yolk, Sugar, Salt, Modified Corn Starch, Paprika, Xanthan Gum, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Chicken Broth, Garlic Powder, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Potassium Sorbate, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Natural Flavor, Chicken Fat, Dehydrated Chicken and Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten], Bacon [Cured with Water, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, May Also Contain Smoke Flavoring], Pepper Jack Cheese Slice [Milk, Water, Cheese Culture, Cream, Green and Red Jalapeno Peppers, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Vinegar, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Natural Flavor, Calcium Chloride, Acetic Acid, Soy Lecithin and Enzymes], Monterey Jack Cheese Slice [Cultured Milk & Skim Milk, Water, Cream, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Lactic Acid, Enzymes, Artificial Color & Soy Lecithin]

[url=http://www.fastfoodingredients.com/ ]http://www.fastfoodingredients.com/ [/url]

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  OldObsoleteDog Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:40 am

Well put whip Very Happy
This is all just too yummy.
Strawberries are $1 a large crate in most metropolitan
grocery stores :] besides them whitening your teeth as you eat
them they serve as a good alternative to this :]
or for body builders as a healthy insulin spike
OldObsoleteDog
OldObsoleteDog

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:59 pm

FWIW, ingredients that contain gluten =

http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html

Regarding strawberries ... beware of the bromide.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:21 am

jdp701 wrote:FWIW, ingredients that contain gluten =

http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html

Regarding strawberries ... beware of the bromide.

Agreed, unless you know for sure how your strawberries are grown- they are one of the most pesticide ridden fruits out there.
angstman
angstman

Back to top Go down

KFC Double Down? Empty A regular diet of any fast food...

Post  Jocko59 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 am

Isn't going to be good for anyone. That's pretty much common sense. However, got to love the food snobes who apparently don't have families which they have to feed. Much easier (with more disposable income) if you have only yourself to worry about.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:56 am

Jocko59 wrote:However, got to love the food snobes who apparently don't have families which they have to feed.

Not sure if your comment is directed at me but regardless I don't buy organic foods and I don't visit specialty food stores ... I'm just as critical of organic foods.

I do believe everyone should be knowledgeable enough to know which foods to avoid and which are fine. Otherwise you'll be like the typical westerner who doesn't cook their family a steak but instead will visit KFC which uses more MSG than any other place. And then wonder why their kids are on ADD medication or wonder why they themselves can't lose weight or wonder why they develop Alzheimers or wonder why they developed cancer, etc..
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

KFC Double Down? Empty Typical westerner. LOL

Post  Jocko59 Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:38 am

You have no idea about me or what I do.

I already stated that a diet exclusively of fast food is horrible. IMO you are a pretty irresponsible parent if you are feeding your kids a steady diet of KFC, Burger King, Wendy's, etc. But for people to say never eat fast food; well never is quite a long time. As with most anything else in life, moderation is a good thing. It also helps if people would exercise more. Eat less, move around more, would be a good perscription for everyone in the industrialized world.

You could eat a perfectly pristine (as far as you know) diet and still lose your hair due to who your parent's or grandparents are, and their gene code. There is a lot of denial here about that very basic fact.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 am

I agree with both of you and while you may lose your hair to genetics, I think you can definitely regulate how fast that happens. Thats why I am on this site and following the regimine I do- to slow things down. My dad was bald at 28. Im 30 now and still have over half my hair. I know Im doing something right.
angstman
angstman

Back to top Go down

KFC Double Down? Empty You may very well be doing something right...

Post  Jocko59 Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 am

nutrionwise. But you still have half of your gene make up from your mother. That may be the main reason you still have hair at 30 compared to your dad being bald at 28. So, it's really difficult to say if your situation is due to your healthy eating and supplements as opposed to what your mom's side of the family contributes.

Eating healthy is always a good thing. But many times, try as we might, genetics win overall.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:53 am

I believe there is always a reason for hair loss. Mother or father's side is a myth, there is no determination in that respect based on research in this area.

If the cause is found, genetics will not rule. Not all causes have been pinpointed, and there is still much to learn.

There are some conditions, two of which I will be presenting shortly on this forum which cause sustained elevation of inflammation. I believe that blaming genetics is saying we still do not know the cause for all reasons yet.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

KFC Double Down? Empty We will agree to disagree on that one then

Post  Jocko59 Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:14 am

A person's genetic make up spells out much about them. From emotions, life span (to a great extent), even certain cancers seem to be genetically predisposed. So, why wouldn't hair loss be? It's hardly a controversial assertion.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 am

Jocko59 wrote:A person's genetic make up spells out much about them. From emotions, life span (to a great extent), even certain cancers seem to be genetically predisposed. So, why wouldn't hair loss be? It's hardly a controversial assertion.

Thing is if you ever studied molecular mechanisms, they aren't just one step processes. There are so many in-betweens and checkpoints from the DNA to the protein which expresses it. The more we understand this cascade, the more knowledgeable we can be towards halting something like hair loss. Genes are permanent (disregarding mutation) however, many are expressed in different ways and can be controlled at points. Look up theories on environment dictating gene expression and you'll see the differences.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 am

Cancer isn't genetic, it's environmental and iatrogenic.

Those children who get chronic lymphocytic leukemia is environmental (EMFs). Most cancers are related to root canals and other iatrogenic causes.

All cancers are associated with hypothyroidism.

Genetics react to the environment, they do not determine it.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

KFC Double Down? Empty Good luck...

Post  Jocko59 Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:32 am

I see men who are slick bald in the all too familiar horseshoe pattern by their late 30's or early 40's. Those folks would still be bald regardless of their diet or supplementation. As the saying goes choose your parents wisely.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next