Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression.

3 posters

Go down

Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. Empty Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression.

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Punjabi University, Patiala 147002, Punjab, India.
Abstract
ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE:

Passiflora incarnata L. (Passifloraceae) has been used for the treatment of epilepsy in several traditional systems of medicine.
AIM OF THE STUDY:

The aerial parts of Passiflora incarnata contain multiple bioactive metabolites such as, flavonoids (like, chrysin that show CNS depressant activity by agonizing GABA-benzodiazepine receptor), amino acids (like, GABA), harmala alkaloids (reversible monoamine oxidase-A inhibitor), etc. In view of this, the present study was designed to investigate dual protective effect of the hydroethanolic extract of Passiflora incarnata in pentylenetetrazol (PTZ)-induced seizure and associated post-ictal depression.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:

Different groups of mice were administered with repeated subconvulsive doses of PTZ (50mg/kg; i.p.) at an interval of 5 days for 15 days. From 5th to 15th day the animals in different groups were administered daily with varying doses of hydroethanolic extract of Passiflora incarnata (150, 300, and 600mg/kg; i.p.), diazepam (2mg/kg; i.p.) and vehicle. On every 5th day, after PTZ treatment, seizure severity (score) was noted. Following convulsive episodes the locomotor activity (using actophotometer) and immobility period (using forced swim test) were also determined. On 15th day after behavioral assessment, the brain serotonin and noradrenaline levels were determined using spectrofluorometric methods.
RESULTS:

Treatment with the extract significantly (p<0.05) reduced the seizures severity and immobility period as compared to vehicle control, in a dose and time-dependent manner. Moreover, the extract treatment retained the serotonin and noradrenaline levels of the brain.
CONCLUSIONS:

The results of present study concluded that the hydroethanolic extract of Passiflora incarnata suppress PTZ-induced seizures, and ameliorates its associated post-ictal depression, which has been found to be get worsened with the standard antiepileptic drug, diazepam.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. Empty Re: Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression.

Post  Paradox Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:20 am

You still taking this?

Do you agree with the depression part in your experience? What about anxiety? What dose do you use?

thanks

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression. Empty Re: Dual protective effect of Passiflora incarnata in epilepsy and associated post-ictal depression.

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:14 am

Yes, still take it, not for depression though so I can really say about that. I just like this herb in general. Not sure about amount, I make an alcohol extract with 50% herb and 50% vodka, a tablespoon every evening is good. It helps to ease stiff muscles, induce a good sleep and make me wake up with a boner in the morning.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  jackorama Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:31 am

my sister has epilepsy.. should i buy her some? where can i get them. thanks.

jackorama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down