Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ageing too quickly!! EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Ageing too quickly!! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ageing too quickly!! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ageing too quickly!! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ageing too quickly!! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ageing too quickly!! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ageing too quickly!! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ageing too quickly!! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ageing too quickly!! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ageing too quickly!!

+7
imprisoned-radical
abc123
Hoppipolla
sdguy
sublime9
AS54
berti
11 posters

Go down

Ageing too quickly!! Empty Ageing too quickly!!

Post  berti Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:00 am

Despite having the healthiest diet/lifestyle out of everyone I know (mainly thanks to this forum) I am still mistaken for being much older than I am.

I have been using Hyaluronic acid and Biosil for the last 5 months as per the article on healthy fix with no noticeable imoprovement to the look of my skin.....

Does anyone have any other suggestions that could help?

berti

Back to top Go down

Ageing too quickly!! Empty Re: Ageing too quickly!!

Post  AS54 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:11 am

One thing that I've learned from experience is how fast a high stress level will age you.
For the better part of my life I was always extremely young looking with very healthy skin
and was usually mistaken for being younger than I was.

After my father passed away the ensuing few years of extreme stress caused me to look much worse.
It seemed as if I aged ten years in two. The human body is not adapted to handle chronic stress, only intermittent bursts. At this it is well adapted, but chronic stress, in my opinion, is one of the pillars of chronic disease. I saw a documentary on stress, and in observations made of groups of primates, the less dominant males were in states of chronically high stress due to the difficulty given to them by the more dominant males and the social stress of being the submissive male. These primates looked visibly less healthy and it was said that they were more often than not the ones who got sick and had shorter life spans.

CS' stress lowering supplements have done wonders for me. Try the combo of quercetin and phosphatidylcholine or serine as well as a solid adaptogen like Sensoril ashwagandha if you have not already. Besides this, trying to minimize your physiological stress (food sensitivities/allergies, pathogens), getting proper sleep, and using relaxation techniques have also helped me. You don't happen to work at a computer all day long do you?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:31 am

Hi Anthony, thanks for getting back me. I don't work at a computer all day but there is a certain amount of stress involved with my job, long hours etc. I have always been a bit of a worrier and I suppose I'm quite an anxious person, I smoked a lot of cannabis when I was younger and became quite paranoid for a good few years before finally stopping so I think my anxiousness is a knock on from that. This could probably be seen as a form of stress, right?

I'll have a look into the supplements you are talking about and maybe go back to doing a bit of meditation

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:39 am

I think meditation is excellent. It tends to get associated with your hippie friend that
does tantric yoga haha, but I think there is a very therapeutic, centering, calming
effect of meditation. I mean, it can go deep, but really its about training your mind to quiet
itself down and get rid of that constant internal chatter. I am a person who suffers with
anxiety and anyone who does knows that you just can't stop your mind from racing. You
almost just want to tell it to shut up.

Meditation can help you train yourself to just be quiet and focus on the here and now, the present moment, instead of constantly having that cognitive interruption of worrying about the "future nows".
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:09 am

Specific supplements that slow the aging process are listed out below. Please note that these supplements are specific to preserving the telomere length of your DNA.

Fish Oil - 3-6grams
CoQ10
Carnosine - 1000mg

There are other supplements that focus on other elements of aging. Schizandra berry for example does a miraculous job of skin youthening.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:16 am

@berti how have you been following the HealthyFixx wrinkles plan for 5 months when the article only went live 3 months ago? Smile

On top of some of the other suggestions, have you taken a look at your iron levels? Excess iron can cause you to age more quickly. Go donate blood to find out your levels for free. (and help someone in need)

http://healthyfixx.com/28/donate-blood-for-your-health

@anthonyspencer why do you ask about computer usage?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 am

Ha! Well spotted sd.... 5 months-ish ; ) I was already using the Biosil and EC and added the Hyaluronic acid when I read the article.... Thanks for the tip, I've read that a few times now so I'll definitely go and give blood when I get home from work this time.

Sublime, never heard of schizandra berry I'll look into it.... Thanks

Anthony, I went to a meditation and yoga retreat years ago and continued to meditate most days for a year or so afterwards, it did seem to make me feel less anxious when I think back. I got out of the habit of doing it though for some reason, probably because I was feeling better....Think I'll give it another go.

Thanks for all your help on this one guys

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:52 am

Anthony, also meant to say that I know exactly what your talking about with the constant racing of the mind, I have suffered with this for years, didn't realise it was doing so much damage though!

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:20 am

@sdguy: I was talking on the point of stress' role in aging. I'm a firm believer that a high stress lifestyle contributes to faster aging. And I'm also a firm believer that the EMF fields from electronics, particularly stronger ones like those that are produced by computers cause a stress response in the human body.

So naturally, a job that requires you to be around them all day wouldn't help any stress fighting tactics. I've done little experiments with myself to try and find a difference in my sense of well being and stress levels by going short periods without the use of electronics (well the expendable ones like computers and even my cell phone). I noticed a major difference in how I felt between the days of staying away from my devices and days when I spent long hours using them.

Also a possible correlation: when I was at my healthiest and happiest was back in high school. Naturally we weren't exposed to these devices in school except for maybe an hour long period if you were enrolled in a computer class. But for the most part we were unplugged and used textbooks. Once I got to college and purchased a lap top this changed and I found myself on a computer for longer periods of time. Between the EMF and the terrible posture I developed from this, I learned that I need to set a fixed time for electronics use.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:18 am

Aw I wouldn't worry too much man Smile

What is your diet? I keep hearing that people on high fruit diets look very young very quickly, so that's a good thing to think about!

Apparently the reason stress causes biological aging is because cortisol shrinks telomeres. On top of that though the physical strain put on the body may tire it out.

But yeah... high fruit maybe as a good start? Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:22 am

Hoppipolla wrote:Aw I wouldn't worry too much man Smile

What is your diet? I keep hearing that people on high fruit diets look very young very quickly, so that's a good thing to think about!

Apparently the reason stress causes biological aging is because cortisol shrinks telomeres. On top of that though the physical strain put on the body may tire it out.

But yeah... high fruit maybe as a good start? Smile

Why has mainstream medicine has vilified sugar? It hinges on the mistaken lipid theory of heart disease. Because it is now becoming clear that the establishment was wrong about cholesterol, so targeting sugar and fructose in particlaur is a conveniet distraction.

Sugar raises cholesterol (extremely protective), and decreases cortisol (extremely beneficial).

More high in magnesium, high in vitamin c fruit for me please Smile

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:47 pm

So naturally, a job that requires you to be around them all day wouldn't help any stress fighting tactics. I've done little experiments with myself to try and find a difference in my sense of well being and stress levels by going short periods without the use of electronics (well the expendable ones like computers and even my cell phone). I noticed a major difference in how I felt between the days of staying away from my devices and days when I spent long hours using them.

Also a possible correlation: when I was at my healthiest and happiest was back in high school. Naturally we weren't exposed to these devices in school except for maybe an hour long period if you were enrolled in a computer class. But for the most part we were unplugged and used textbooks. Once I got to college and purchased a lap top this changed and I found myself on a computer for longer periods of time. Between the EMF and the terrible posture I developed from this, I learned that I need to set a fixed time for electronics use.

We live in a time of massive information overload and hyperconnectivity. It seems like just during the last 100 years, the number of "news feeds" steadily channeling information into our minds has increased exponentially. It began with billboard advertisements, which were followed by magazines, and then radios, and then television sets, and now we have everything ranging from laptops to smart phones to ipods. Who's behind it? Corporations trying to market their products. Meanwhile, the human attention span has become a commodity. I think we're slowly losing our ability to think. We're experiencing collective ADHD.

abc123,

Cholesterol might be protective but that doesn't mean that whatever is raising cholesterol is beneficial. Would you conclude that elevated cholesterol levels are good just because cholesterol is protective? No. In fact it's likely that whatever raises cholesterol is actually an offending agent. It seems to me like raising cholesterol is the body's natural mechanism of self-defense against the offending agent.

I don't know much about the complex relationship between diet and serum cholesterol. But some interesting facts have been brought up before on older threads...

Cholesterol binds to circulating endotoxin, preventing the latter from exerting its damaging effects on the immune system. Dietary fat facilitates the translocation of endotoxin from the intestinal lumen into the bloodstream. I think this process is the most legitimate connection between dietary fat and the dyslipidemia which characterizes metabolic disease. I wonder if restoring proper barrier function of the intestinal wall would address this issue. Unfortunately the research on these topics isn't comprehensive.

Serum cholesterol absolutely does play a causative role in heart disease, because heart disease would not be possible without circulating LDL.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:18 pm

@ imprisoned-radical:

I have to agree that corporations are behind a good deal of the trend, but it still requires an uninvolved, unthinking public. Part of the reason for that is our increasing level of apathy and attachment to superficial things like electronics.

I was amazed the other day. I was sitting down to watch a movie with my roommate and two others. Now I've always been a person who tried to avoid using my cell phone too much. I shit you not, the other three individuals could not put their phones down to watch the movie. For the entire thing they were texting. They couldn't put them down. I truly believe the reward circuitry involved with getting responses to texts or facebook messages is addictive.

As a society, we can't enjoy the moment or be present in it and just experience. We aren't satisfied unless we are communicating to everybody else how much fun we are having. I had to crack up when I saw a friend post something to facebook while at a concert. I wanted to ask her: are you really so in need of validation that instead of enjoying a concert for which you had 3rd row seats, you spend the concert facebooking about how much fun you are having? Instead of being in the moment, we're constantly somewhere else, trying to convince everyone else about the moment we're having.

But this is completely off-topic. I found your comment interesting though.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 pm

imprisoned-radical wrote:

We live in a time of massive information overload and hyperconnectivity. It seems like just during the last 100 years, the number of "news feeds" steadily channeling information into our minds has increased exponentially. It began with billboard advertisements, which were followed by magazines, and then radios, and then television sets, and now we have everything ranging from laptops to smart phones to ipods. Who's behind it? Corporations trying to market their products. Meanwhile, the human attention span has become a commodity. I think we're slowly losing our ability to think. We're experiencing collective ADHD.

abc123,

Cholesterol might be protective but that doesn't mean that whatever is raising cholesterol is beneficial. Would you conclude that elevated cholesterol levels are good just because cholesterol is protective? No. In fact it's likely that whatever raises cholesterol is actually an offending agent. It seems to me like raising cholesterol is the body's natural mechanism of self-defense against the offending agent.

I don't know much about the complex relationship between diet and serum cholesterol. But some interesting facts have been brought up before on older threads...

Cholesterol binds to circulating endotoxin, preventing the latter from exerting its damaging effects on the immune system. Dietary fat facilitates the translocation of endotoxin from the intestinal lumen into the bloodstream. I think this process is the most legitimate connection between dietary fat and the dyslipidemia which characterizes metabolic disease. I wonder if restoring proper barrier function of the intestinal wall would address this issue. Unfortunately the research on these topics isn't comprehensive.

Serum cholesterol absolutely does play a causative role in heart disease, because heart disease would not be possible without circulating LDL.

I had to laugh at the collective adhd statement. Funny how human knowledge has increased so much in the last few decades but its easier to be extremely ignorant due to an information overload.

I agree you don't just look at markers on their own. You have to look at why/how cholesterol is being raised. If its because you are becoming more hypothyroid then a raised blood cholesterol is not good. It will just have a higher chance of oxidizing. If you are producing more endotoxin then your body can handle, then lowering cholesterol by whatever means is not good either. From what I've read sugar is pro-thyroid/pro-metabolism ( I can provide some studies if you want), and thus speeds up cholesterol circulation while providing the nutrients to build cholesterol.

Refined sugar for long periods of time is definitely a pretty bad idea because it will displace nutrients, while speeding up your metabolism and thus creating a higher nutrient demand. So there is definitely some truth to refined sugar being bad. Combined with the fact it is always delivered with pufa and a poor starch source, it's easy to see why it has been vilified.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:43 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:@ imprisoned-radical:

I have to agree that corporations are behind a good deal of the trend, but it still requires an uninvolved, unthinking public. Part of the reason for that is our increasing level of apathy and attachment to superficial things like electronics.

I was amazed the other day. I was sitting down to watch a movie with my roommate and two others. Now I've always been a person who tried to avoid using my cell phone too much. I shit you not, the other three individuals could not put their phones down to watch the movie. For the entire thing they were texting. They couldn't put them down. I truly believe the reward circuitry involved with getting responses to texts or facebook messages is addictive.

As a society, we can't enjoy the moment or be present in it and just experience. We aren't satisfied unless we are communicating to everybody else how much fun we are having. I had to crack up when I saw a friend post something to facebook while at a concert. I wanted to ask her: are you really so in need of validation that instead of enjoying a concert for which you had 3rd row seats, you spend the concert facebooking about how much fun you are having? Instead of being in the moment, we're constantly somewhere else, trying to convince everyone else about the moment we're having.

But this is completely off-topic. I found your comment interesting though.

Nice post, could not agree more.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:46 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:I had to crack up when I saw a friend post something to facebook while at a concert. I wanted to ask her: are you really so in need of validation that instead of enjoying a concert for which you had 3rd row seats, you spend the concert facebooking about how much fun you are having? Instead of being in the moment, we're constantly somewhere else, trying to convince everyone else about the moment we're having.

Similar thing happened to me this summer. Went to a concert and at one point the girl I was with and 2 other people right next to us were all holding their cameras/phones up to record the music and staring at the screens instead of the show. I'm thinking "Why waste your time on a sh*tty recording that you can show your friends later when you're missing one of the best songs?" People are nuts.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:59 pm

sublime9- fish oil is highly unstable and can potentially do more harm than good.

radical- from what I understand, and in no way am I an authority in this, a simple carb like sucrose is beneficial because it reduces cortisol and adrenalin which release fatty acids, among other things, from tissue into the bloodstream. Less fatty acids, allows for the oxidation of glucose which increases levels of carbon dioxide. CD is protective against atherosclerosis. Of course this may also apply to complex carbs, however I'm not sure where the differences are and as abc said, too much sucrose can be bad--moderation is important.

Also, in regards to cholesterol, I read that it is the size of the LDL particle that matters. Smaller sized particles have a higher correlation with heart disease than do larger sized particles. Proper hormone functioning is important. Estrogen for example decreases particle size. Don't quote me on this stuff, but I think I got it right. I can pull up the studies if anyone wants.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:15 pm

berti wrote:Despite having the healthiest diet/lifestyle out of everyone I know (mainly thanks to this forum) I am still mistaken for being much older than I am.

I have been using Hyaluronic acid and Biosil for the last 5 months as per the article on healthy fix with no noticeable imoprovement to the look of my skin.....

Does anyone have any other suggestions that could help?

Are you drinking enough water? Are you taking any diuretics like caffeine or alcohol? Water is important for skin and when supplementing it becomes more important that you are consistently hydrated. A good measure is to drink half of your weight in ounces of water so for example 180lbs-->90oz. Be mindful not to drink too much around meals, from what I read it can affect digestive enzymes.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:42 am

On the EMF/Technology discussion. I just came across this book which could be useful:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/0061864285/ref=aw_d_cr_books?qid=1319876187&sr=1-1
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:49 am

@Hoppi – Easier said than done, I do worry about it. You may think that it's just vanity and sure there is an element of that, I know it’s what led me to this site initially, but one thing I've learned on here is that most superficial things are caused by some other underlying health issues that can be addressed. You do seem a very relaxed guy (from what I’ve read on here) so at least you can rule out stress as a factor in your battle!

With regards to diet I think I'm doing ok.... I eat plenty fruits and vegetables, no grains apart from sourdough bread or oatcakes occasionally and the odd treat at a party or nice restaurant, Starchy carbs from root veggies and white rice, fats mainly from animal fats, olive oil or coconut oil and protein from meat, eggs, cheese and good quality whey supplements..... I train a lot so depending on the type of training I'm concentrating on at the time I'll up my carb intakes accordingly. I love food and wine so I don't like to restrict myself too much, I think what's listed above is pretty sensible though....Sound ok? Always open to suggestions....

@bh2o - I do try and stay hydrated.... Although like I said above I like to drink wine and I drink coffee too neither excessively though. I work away from home 2 weeks of every month where we can't drink alchohol at all so that helps to limit the intake too.

berti

Back to top Go down

Ageing too quickly!! Empty antiaging

Post  bocor Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:42 am

I would recommend liver flushing for sure to correct imbalances and also make sure your getting enough sleep.Ive always slept like over 9 hours per night my whole life and im 38 and still get carded for cigs sometimes.If i had a decent hairline i would look roughly 24.Of course ive always been on supplement kicks but over the last 10 years moreso on the experimental front.Im looking at Laminine now and other stem cell activators like astragalus extract,medicinal mushrooms,superfoods like cacao goji marine phytoplankton.Chia seeds.Recently started a humic/fulvic acid internal and am always on and off various ormus supplements but i think liver flushing might be the most important antiaging therapy available short of the philosophers stone

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:43 am

@bocor I've contemplated liver flushes a number of times but never pulled the trigger because of claims that the excreted "stones" are nothing more than olive oil. I'm guessing you disagree, what are the most noticeable benefits when you flush and do you use things like a castor oil topical and coffee enema to enhance it?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  masterfree Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:26 am

The original poster like many of us in today's world has cortisol issues. Cortisol (stress hormone) is one of the biggest factors in rapid aging. You want to keep it under control. I take aswagandha and it helps, it is organic and store brand.

For the liver I use DEVA Liver support product since I have fatty liver which was diagnosed years ago by ultrasound. I never did anything about it till last week and finally started using this liver support product. Boy did I really need it. In three days my energy levels increased and overall I am very satisfied. I guess I should have taken care of my liver long ago and needlessly ignored it and focused on other stuff. I have to say first three days I had a lot of brain fog, especially first day was bad probably because I took two tabs. Now I take two tabs every now and then and it does not bother me.

In summary if you have a diagnosed liver issue you must address it. Any reputable brand with milk thistle and some other liver herbs would probably give similar results so it does not have to be DEVA. Since I use their other stuff and like their products I stuck with them but like I said other brands with similar formulas should work as well.

masterfree

Back to top Go down

Ageing too quickly!! Empty liver flushes

Post  bocor Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 am

Well ive only done 3 so far and will be doing the 4th very soon.You should maybe check out curezone.com and see the liver flush survey where thousands of people like over 95% report positive changes from liver flush.My second was most successful and i wont forget it because i got tons on stones out I just used andreas moritz protocol using oxypowder and apple juice 1 week before the flush.Although this time im going to try a really high fiber diet which i think should accomplish the same thing.Like 4 TBSP chia and 4 TBSP flax per day for 1 week.Also after doing a liver flush especially the day of and up to a week later i feel really great and not toxic clear headed etc...

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:16 am

Hey guys...

Wanted to see what was the problem with sitting in front of a computer a lot in the day does to age you

Thanks
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down