Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Pregnenolone  EmptyToday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Pregnenolone  EmptyToday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Pregnenolone  EmptyYesterday at 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Pregnenolone  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Pregnenolone  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Pregnenolone  EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Pregnenolone  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Pregnenolone  EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Pregnenolone  EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pregnenolone

+4
Vikingo
elan164
droddy
bh1546
8 posters

Go down

Pregnenolone  Empty Pregnenolone

Post  bh1546 Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:50 am

I just starting using the cream. How long should I try this out and should I be supplementing with anything else while on it? Ive read its good to supplement with T3 and T4.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Pregnenolone  Empty Re: Pregnenolone

Post  droddy Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:02 am

bh1546 wrote:I just starting using the cream. How long should I try this out and should I be supplementing with anything else while on it? Ive read its good to supplement with T3 and T4.

Why are you supplementing preg?
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 pm

I believe I may have adrenal fatigue...ever since I got off fin I have had chronic inflammation on my scalp and feel like it has messed with my hormones a bit. I also had to take prednisone a couple weeks ago and I had zero inflammation while taking it.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:16 pm

For adrenal fatigue try the miracle adrenal mix - 1/4 tsp potassium chloride, 1/4 tsp of sea salt, 1/2 tsp ascorbic acid mixed in a liter of water.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:45 pm

For how many days?

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  Vikingo Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:04 am

Hi bh1546,

Any update using the pregnenolone cream for adrenal fatigue?

Vikingo

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Hey, I quite using it after 4 days...I felt it made me feel real anxious and jittery. Not sure what this means.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:25 pm

bh1546 wrote:Hey, I quite using it after 4 days...I felt it made me feel real anxious and jittery. Not sure what this means.

This happens to some people when using the transdermal delivery. When this occurs, it is suggested to go the oral route. Generally, though the transdermal method is preferred.

On a more practically level, optimizing vitamin D levels is one of the most natural and effective ways to increase your neurosteroid levels. This takes between 4 and 6 months usually.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks for the info CS. What brand of Vit D supp do you recommend and how much per day?

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:32 pm

@bh1546 here's an article CS wrote on vitamin D, it might help

http://healthyfixx.com/40/how-much-vitamin-d-should-you-take

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Vikingo Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi guys,

I have now tried transdermal pregnenolone for a little week and I have been experiencing something similar as "bh1546" with anxiety and jittery etc. I took it in the morning (15 mg) and actually felt good until noon where the anxiety started.

Could it be the dosage (15 mg)? Will try a smaller amount or go the oral routeĀ“.

I have also tried the locorice, b5 and raw thyroid route, and it gave me a similar feeling. Does this perhaps mean that I don't have adrenal fatique?

My situation is that I am pretty sure I am hypothyroid (TSH = 4.2 and have been using SSRI's in the past for a short while). Therefore I take Iodine + co-factors which really help my hair loss and inflammation, but lately it have made me very tired, so I suspect that I also have adrenal fatigue (not just from the iodine - I have had trouble gaining weight, feeling depressed, irritated and being tired before).

Something that seems to help better is a combination af iodine (+ co-factors) and the raw thyroid supplement. This dosen't make me feel anxious and gives med more energy, so will try this for a while!

Vikingo

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:21 pm

I used the oral pregnenolone before trying the topical and didn't see any benefits. A week after trying the topical is when I was amazed how effective it was for stress and related issues.

The raw thyroid might also have raw adrenal in it and that might be helping you.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Vikingo Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 am

Hey guys,

I now tried the oral pregnenolone (sublingual 10 mg) and although it really helped with fatigue like the transdermal, after 3 hours or so it makes me really irritated, same thing as with the transdermal. Anyone know why that might be?

Actually the same thing happens with the adrenal building method, when using B5, raw thyroid and licorice. So it seems that whenever I take something that can raise cortisol I don't feel tired enymore but instead I become very irritable even at low doses.

I feel tired all the time, but can't figure out why as I eat well and go to bed on normal times etc.

Any thoughts on this? every sugestion is really appriciated!!

Vikingo

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:27 am

I also get more energy hours after using the topical. But that's to be expected since it affect the adrenal which is an energy center.

However, I haven't noticed getting more irritable after. It could be from other health factors such as hormones or thyroid. I know that salt loading even when not using Iodine, works on my adrenals with the effect of lessening irritation and stress. So that might help with your situation.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Vikingo Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks for the reply zero,

I have actually been salt loading for some time, because I have been taking iodine. It helps some, but I still feel tired even without taking iodine. I do suspect a thyroid issue since I have a lot of the symptoms and I have tried Iodine + co-factors for time now, even days with 150 mg... but still my tiredness exists, though iodine has been the one thing that can stop my hair loss. Im also sure its not the detox reaction from iodine, since its been going on for a very long time, even before iodine.

Basically I'm feeling great on pregnenolone, if I wouldn't get so irritated by using it. Any ideas as to why that is?

Vikingo

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:38 am

*disregard this

Last edited by zerx on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:39 am

You seem to have a lot of things covered the Vikingo. I just now did a search on pregnenolone and irritability and came across DHEA causing irritability as well. One thing that might help is to reduce the amount you use and see if the irritability subsides while still getting positives. Or maybe stop using it and see if you even need it at all. Maybe you have enough hormones already and this is adding to that and overloading you with DHEA and other hormones. You could even be overdosing on adrenal tonics or just supplements that affect them.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:25 am

I would try low dose pregnenolone (5-10mg) at first. Give your body a while to find hormonal homeostasis. Otherwise, pregnenolone not only made me slightly edgy, it gave me restless leg syndrome before balancing out after a few months.

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:50 am

Thats why I stopped after a few days...I was feeling very anxious. 40 you feel better than before you started taking it after everything balanced out?

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  Vikingo Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Hey bh1546,

I have been reading a bit on the http://www.musclechatroom.com forum and found a lot of interesting things about pregnenolone.

I am now trying to take it at night time (15mg TD, might need to get a little lower) and that has been a lot better than taking i during the day. I felt better when i woke up, with almost no irritability etc.

On the musclechatroom fourm, some of the ideas from "Chillin" are:

1. If it gives you anxiety etc then lower the dose of preg and use it together with progesterone.

2. If your body needs more cortisol that the ACTH can handle (maybe because of murcury toxisity or thyroid issues) then you need to take replacement doses for a while. These doses are in the range of 500mg transdermal pregnenolone... the oral won't work here.

I suggest you take at look at the musclechatroom as I couldn't remember everything... there is also a very good dosage guide etc.

Vikingo

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:28 am

Viking, thanks for the info I will look into it. Also, If I remember correctly I remember IH saying that vitamin D supplementation also helps correct or balance everything out but it can take a while. Any experience with this?

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  Vikingo Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 am

No problem. I am kind of in the same boat as you.

I have used vitamin D several times, at first looking like it really helped balance hormones and made me more relaxed and outgoing, but then after a while I believe it caused some hair loss and inflammation, so I dropped it. I used the one IH has on his top six.

Report back if you experience anything interesting with pregnenolone!

Vikingo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down