Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Several questions about pregnenolone EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Several questions about pregnenolone

+2
CausticSymmetry
rjfnyu
6 posters

Go down

Several questions about pregnenolone Empty Several questions about pregnenolone

Post  rjfnyu Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:02 am

Several questions about pregnenolone. I have read several different theories on how safe pregnenolone is. Ray Shahelian is very cautious and says that we should take no more than 5 mg several times a week while Ray Peat says that pregnenolone can be taken in much higher dosages and that the body will determine how much of it it needs and will excrete the rest.

I am trying to ween off of topical hydrocortisone for adrenal fatigue and onto a combination of licorice pregnenolone. I find that the topical hydrocortisone works very well for improving sleep and stress, but that it is very irritating to the skin. In theory, pregnenolone with "pregnenolone steal" under times of stress, should be able to replace hydrocortisone if the dose is high enough. In practice, I am unsure. Does anyone have any experience weening off of steroids?

Thanks

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Several questions about pregnenolone Empty Re: Several questions about pregnenolone

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:21 pm

rjfnyu - Ray Shahelian is notoriously conservative, I would say to extreme levels. I wouldn't be as cautious with pregnenolone.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Several questions about pregnenolone Empty Re: Several questions about pregnenolone

Post  dannyroddy Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:21 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:rjfnyu - Ray Shahelian is notoriously conservative, I would say to extreme levels. I wouldn't be as cautious with pregnenolone.

Agreed, however he is totally right about DHEA. That stuff will mess you up in high doses.
dannyroddy
dannyroddy

Back to top Go down

Post  rjfnyu Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:28 am

I agree about DHEA. Even if you do not have issues with hormones converting excessively to estrogen, DHEA lowers cortisol. For someone with severe adrenal fatigue where you reach the point that you are underproducing cortisol, DHEA will make you feel really awful. I know from personal experience.

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Post  rjfnyu Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:48 am

Any idea on what a more reasonable safe limit would be?

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:32 pm

dannyroddy wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:rjfnyu - Ray Shahelian is notoriously conservative, I would say to extreme levels. I wouldn't be as cautious with pregnenolone.

Agreed, however he is totally right about DHEA. That stuff will mess you up in high doses.

Doesnt pregnenolone convert to dhea in the body?

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Post  Ouro Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:20 am

I've got very high DHEA levels and very low cortisol, what would be the most effective treatment to get a better balance between the two?

Ouro

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:08 pm

cassanova wrote:
dannyroddy wrote:

Doesnt pregnenolone convert to dhea in the body?

yes it does.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down