Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Observation about receding hairline EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Observation about receding hairline EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Observation about receding hairline EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Observation about receding hairline EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Observation about receding hairline EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Observation about receding hairline EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Observation about receding hairline EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Observation about receding hairline EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Observation about receding hairline EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Observation about receding hairline

+4
9rugrats5
Hoppipolla
LittleFighter
mphatesmpb
8 posters

Go down

Observation about receding hairline Empty Observation about receding hairline

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 am

I occasionally brush my scalp along the hairline area because I believe it will increase blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. My scalp definitely feels better after a couple minutes of gentle brushing, but I'm not sure if it will actually have any beneficial effects on hair loss.

This woman claims to have reversed her hairline recession by brushing daily with a boar-bristle brush:
http://recedinghairline.blogspot.com/

I think the pictures are pretty convincing, and the fact that she's not selling anything increases her credibility.

I've noticed something interesting. My hairline is receding faster on my left side, and I notice that sometimes when I brush that area I experience slight pain (at least initially). It doesn't happen all the time, and I never experience pain on the right side. The fact that I never experience pain on the right side suggests that the pain is an indicator of hair loss severity and/or progression.

Various factors are involved in hair loss...psychological stress, thyroid function, inflammation, oxidative stress. I imagine that scalp pain indicates that one or more of these factors have recently been set off balance. It's probably a much better indicator of scalp health and hair loss progression than staring into the mirror, contemplating your hairline.

The good news is that over the course of this last year, I've experienced a huge decrease in dandruff and scalp flaking. I must be doing something right. Dandruff is minimal even though I just rinse my hair with cold water (no shampoo).

Anyway, I was just wondering if those of you with receding hairlines have ever observed pain along the hairline? Maybe those of you with receding hairlines could try brushing and see if you guys experience the same thing?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Observation about receding hairline Empty Re: Observation about receding hairline

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:02 am

mphatesmpb wrote:I occasionally brush my scalp along the hairline area because I believe it will increase blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. My scalp definitely feels better after a couple minutes of gentle brushing, but I'm not sure if it will actually have any beneficial effects on hair loss.

This woman claims to have reversed her hairline recession by brushing daily with a boar-bristle brush:

I think the pictures are pretty convincing, and the fact that she's not selling anything increases her credibility.

I've noticed something interesting. My hairline is receding faster on my left side, and I notice that sometimes when I brush that area I experience slight pain (at least initially). It doesn't happen all the time, and I never experience pain on the right side. The fact that I never experience pain on the right side suggests that the pain is an indicator of hair loss severity and/or progression.

Various factors are involved in hair loss...psychological stress, thyroid function, inflammation, oxidative stress. I imagine that scalp pain indicates that one or more of these factors have recently been set off balance. It's probably a much better indicator of scalp health and hair loss progression than staring into the mirror, contemplating your hairline.

The good news is that over the course of this last year, I've experienced a huge decrease in dandruff and scalp flaking. I must be doing something right. Dandruff is minimal even though I just rinse my hair with cold water (no shampoo).

Anyway, I was just wondering if those of you with receding hairlines have ever observed pain along the hairline? Maybe those of you with receding hairlines could try brushing and see if you guys experience the same thing?

Mphat, I believe this is very common, due to inflammation.

It is "funny" how shampoos like head and shoulders and nizoral eliminate this inflammation if left for a few minutes on the scalp. I say "funny" because people ignore the microorganisms behind MPB, and the effect on controlling them is very significant I strongly believe.

Why do they proliferate there? I belive the answer lies in the gut.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Observation about receding hairline Empty Re: Observation about receding hairline

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:19 am

It is "funny" how shampoos like head and shoulders and nizoral eliminate this inflammation if left for a few minutes on the scalp. I say "funny" because people ignore the microorganisms behind MPB, and the effect on controlling them is very significant I strongly believe.

Yeah, microorganisms are overlooked in the pathology of MPB. But I can't think of any reasons that they would preferentially colonize the hair follicles in the bitemporal area of the scalp. At this point after reading dozens of dermatology journals about MPB, I can still only think of one plausible reason for pattern balding...I believe it has to do with scalp thickness. I know for sure that the scalp is thinner in the vertex, and I imagine that's probably also the case with the temples. The latest research from Yale indicates that hair loss is precipitated by atrophy of the subcutaneous layer of fat, and this seems consistent with the scalp-thickness theory.

Observation about receding hairline Skingr11

Each hair follicle is 4-6mm in length, and extends into the subcutaneous layer of fat. According to the researchers at Yale the fat cells generate platelet-derived growth factor, which then reactivates the stem cells of hair follicles in dormant state.

Anyway, after several months of no shampooing I tried just a few drops of Nizoral. And I noticed increased oiliness of the scalp for a few days.

I think sticking to onion/garlic is a better alternative because it should eliminate the pathogens colonizing the hair follicles without irritating the skin with SLS and stripping the natural oils of the scalp.

I think using commercially available shampoos on a regular basis is a huge mistake.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:16 am

LittleFighter wrote:
mphatesmpb wrote:I occasionally brush my scalp along the hairline area because I believe it will increase blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. My scalp definitely feels better after a couple minutes of gentle brushing, but I'm not sure if it will actually have any beneficial effects on hair loss.

/forum

lol Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:37 am

>>I think using commercially available shampoos on a regular basis is a huge mistake.

Agree with that. That said, almost everyone with no hair problems, uses commercial shampoos, so that can't be the reason alone.

Gut and infection, is again, a likely aggravation factor, like stress. There probably are many more pieces to the jigsaw.

Regarding pain that you asked, yes I have experienced it, and noticed the negative correlation that hair in that area tend to fall off. Not a heartening sign, I'm afraid, but new ones might be ready to replace them.

-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:38 am

I originally experienced that pain as well. That hair has long since fallen out, but what I've realized is that same area is now sort of...numb. An analogy would be comparing it to sitting on your leg for awhile... it's uncomfortable, could hurt, but after awhile do to cut off circulation, it goes numb, and if you poke it, you feel the sensation but its really blunt and weak. That's kind of how my hairline area feels compared to hairy areas. If this has ANY relevance.... circulation?
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:54 am

I do not have any recession, I am thinning in the NW5 area and the pain you mention, I experience it in all this NW5 area of my scalp, why is like that for me? why am I not like everyone lol, I mean the big majority of hair loss sufferers? Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:46 am

Agree with that. That said, almost everyone with no hair problems, uses commercial shampoos, so that can't be the reason alone.

Well, you could similarly reason that hydrogenated fats don't promote hair loss because many people who consume them are nw0s. It's the genetic predisposition to hair loss which sets the stage for negative lifestyle/diet habits to take their toll.

It could just be that those without predisposition to hair loss can tolerate those toxic commercial shampoos, whereas in the MPB club we have delicate hair follicles.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:08 am

mphatesmpb wrote:

Well, you could similarly reason that hydrogenated fats don't promote hair loss because many people who consume them are nw0s. It's the genetic predisposition to hair loss which sets the stage for negative lifestyle/diet habits to take their toll.

It could just be that those without predisposition to hair loss can tolerate those toxic commercial shampoos, whereas in the MPB club we have delicate hair follicles.

I totally agree.

No doubt in my mind that we should avoid chemicals. Zinc an Ketoconazol are useful,and studies exist to prove it (besides experiences).

Ideally we should avoid chemicals. I try to avoid them as much as I can.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:17 am

You can nuke dandruff and stuff without chemicals (and get rid of the microorganisms/fungus).

I would recommend colloidal silver, or second best is grapefruit seed extract IME Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lkj23 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 am

mphatesmpb wrote:
I think using commercially available shampoos on a regular basis is a huge mistake.

I´m using now aubrey blue camomile and is good, clean very well and without sls and als that are content in H&S

I have pain too and little red bumps since I became to take Ultra Natural Prostate with 5-Loxin life extension, but I stoped this product and the problem went on happening to me, less quantity but continues.

One month later I become to take 500mg of pantothenic acid, but after some time I didn´t take it every day(this can be the cause of less quantity of little painful red bumps) but I don´t know if this product is the problem. It's been two days since I've stopped taking it, let see what happen, last little red bump appear 2 days ago, now none on my scalp.

(Sorry I post this here for help if anyone is in my situation)+

In the next weeks maybe I going to begin a platelet-rich plasma treatment, if I have any succes I´ll post it. Regards!!
lkj23
lkj23

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:01 pm

mphatesmpb - are you suggesting inflammation is causing the dermis and the hypodermis to some how shrink?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 pm

i've been trying and brushing my temples. and chances are they'll get red and inflamed. when i overdo it... Sad
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:06 am

tonyj wrote:mphatesmpb - are you suggesting inflammation is causing the dermis and the hypodermis to some how shrink?

I'm not sure what causes the shrinking of the subcutaneous layer. But inflammation does stimulate collagenase activity, resulting in the production of fibrous tissue around hair follicles. This is potentially the cause of hair follicle miniaturization.

I also know that hair follicles in telogen phase have fewer capillaries. In MPB you have an increasing telogen-anagen ratio, which means there is decreasing capillary density in the dermis and therefore less circulation.

The circulation theory of MPB is usually dismissed as unscientific ("because it's the DHT") but I think it might be an important piece of the puzzle.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down