Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptyToday at 7:03 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Receding hairline vs Thinning hair

3 posters

Go down

What type of AGA have you been experiencing?

Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_lcap4%Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_lcap38%Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 9 ]
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_lcap29%Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_lcap21%Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_lcap8%Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_lcap0%Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Empty Receding hairline vs Thinning hair

Post  hair.worth.it Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:41 am

As one goes bald, one begins to notice more and more people's heads and hair. At least that was my case. I've been attacked by AGA for 2 years and since then every corner I go I can't avoid looking to a receding hair, thinning hair, cul-de-sac, bald spot and a slick dome.

So, based on my own precise observations, I've came to realize that, in most cases, guys that bald through a receding hairline are normally the ones that have the most thick hair in the first place and the ones that loose most of it ending up a NW 6 or NW 7, whilst men that experience thinning tend to be the ones with the most fragile or fine follicles and end up not loosing a great amount of hair in the vertex and crown reaching a NW 5 or NW 5A.

I know this can't be target in the list of general rules. I'm speaking purely out of curiosity and from what I've observed.

Just wanted to know what you guys think of this.

hair.worth.it

Back to top Go down

Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Empty Re: Receding hairline vs Thinning hair

Post  crincrin Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 pm

I've got some mild temple and top hairline recession, something like this

Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Twitterpic

I've got significant diffuse thinning throughout the front, sides, top, and back. If I shave my head or grow it more than a few inches, it's obvious that I'm thinning. What's interesting is that, although the hair loss is pretty much uniform, the front 1 to 2 inches of hair right behind the hairline is thinner than the rest. It's like there's a generalized diffuse thinning with a superimposed receding process that thins the hair a bit more. My brother has a similar hair loss pattern.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  hair.worth.it Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:14 am

That's interesting (and obviously, awful). You seem to have all sorts of baldness patterns going on. I, myself, am a diffuse thinner with the loss primary on the top (left side) and crown, and an "intact" hairline (NW 1-1.5).

My father and some of his brothers lost hair the same way, with diffuse thinning on top and crown following a very slow receding in the temples. If I recall, soon after I was born my father was a NW 2-3 with the crown and top all cleared out. Years passed and his remaining hairline just kept thinning.

Receding hairline vs Thinning hair Prince-William-photo-005

hair.worth.it

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:57 am

Hey hair.worth.it,

I'm experiencing the same type of loss as you are. My hairline has remained pretty much intact, but of course not at adolescent levels anymore either. It certainly doesn't appear to be receding in the normal context. However, what I am experiencing is the diffuse type of thinning that the prince is as well. Its not as far along as his, but I doubt it will be too long before I could waltz into the royal house and go as him for a day. The funny part is, I have a primarily british/english background and I look quite a bit like the prince (at least before I put on weight, which isn't helping the hair either). Unfortunately, the diffuse pattern makes it hard to shave also, because the marked difference in thickness from the top to the sides/back makes a very noticeable contrast. Guess if it comes time, the slick dome will be the only option.

Anyhow, it would be very interesting to know what accounts for the difference in the hair loss patterns, and why some men's hairline simply recedes while the hair maintains thickness, while for others it just seems to shrivel up on top. There has to be some biochemical explanation for this and perhaps the mechanisms are different between the two types.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down