Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
laser helmet shedding EmptyYesterday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
laser helmet shedding EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
laser helmet shedding EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
laser helmet shedding EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
laser helmet shedding EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
laser helmet shedding EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
laser helmet shedding EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
laser helmet shedding EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
laser helmet shedding EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

laser helmet shedding

+3
nidhogge
scottyc33
ataman
7 posters

Go down

laser helmet shedding Empty laser helmet shedding

Post  ataman Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:25 am

Hi all,

Hoping to get a little feedback / reassurance on this. I started using a laser helmet a couple weeks ago as part of my ongoing quest to get off the hair loss drugs.

Problem is, I've started shedding a lot of hair. My usual pattern when starting a new hair loss treatment, is that it works very quickly, and then stops working pretty quickly afterwards.

What I have never experienced, is losing lots of hair immediately on starting a new treatment. This is quality hair, not that really fine, semi-miniaturised stuff we see.

Now I know shedding can sometimes be good, but this seems to be happening awfully quickly, and I am losing quality hair. Being as objective as I can, I'm fairly sure that overall its thinner at the front.

Any suggestions? Is this normal, or is my scalp telling me to stop whatever the hell I'm doing because it doesn't much like it?

Laser is a 300 diode build by nidhogge, so there should be no issues with laser quality etc.

ataman

Back to top Go down

laser helmet shedding Empty Re: laser helmet shedding

Post  scottyc33 Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 am

ataman wrote:Hi all,

Hoping to get a little feedback / reassurance on this. I started using a laser helmet a couple weeks ago as part of my ongoing quest to get off the hair loss drugs.

Problem is, I've started shedding a lot of hair. My usual pattern when starting a new hair loss treatment, is that it works very quickly, and then stops working pretty quickly afterwards.

What I have never experienced, is losing lots of hair immediately on starting a new treatment. This is quality hair, not that really fine, semi-miniaturised stuff we see.

Now I know shedding can sometimes be good, but this seems to be happening awfully quickly, and I am losing quality hair. Being as objective as I can, I'm fairly sure that overall its thinner at the front.

Any suggestions? Is this normal, or is my scalp telling me to stop whatever the hell I'm doing because it doesn't much like it?

Laser is a 300 diode build by nidhogge, so there should be no issues with laser quality etc.

I'm sure nidhogge wiil chime in on this.

You might also want to check out worldhairloss.org forum run by OverMachoGrande. OMG is a laser helmet guru.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 am

Hey ataman--

Bit too early for the lasers to have an effect either way, usually the best it can do in the short-term this early on is reduce inflammation (itchiness) and redness on the scalp if you suffer from that. Lasers start to shine moreso at the 6-month to 12-month point. How are your usage times thus far?

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  ataman Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks Scotty.

Hi Nid - Usage times have been conservative so far...from 10 - 15 minutes 3 x per week. Thought I'd start gradually and work up.

The shedding may just be coincidence, but it has been really quite noticeable. The odd thing is, I can see that a couple of weak hairs have become thicker...but lots also falling out.

I do tend to respond to things very quickly (e.g. propecia filled in my hairline within a couple of months of first starting it).

I've heard various stories re. who responds best to the lasers. E.g Lasers do not mix well with minoxidil users / those with fair hair & fair skin don't respond so well etc (of which I am both). Any truth in these in your opinion? Any other possibilities for the shedding? Thanks.

ataman

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Laser kick starts hair growth again, that's why you see so much shedding........I'm on a very potent hair growth booster right now and I'm shedding like never before......no receding hairline or thinning though.....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:54 pm

what hair growth booster is it?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:03 am

400mg b2
500mg inositol hexaniacinate(start much much lower and build up slowly)
1000mg niacinamide
1 AOR pot/mag aspartate

3x daily with meals........

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Hey ataman--

Never been too sure about the fair-skinned idea as I've not seen enough evidence in that area, however, minoxidil from what we used to see on the Regrowth days simply does not mix well with lasers in my opinion. I'm not quite sure why, but minoxidil overall is a risk in the long-term for hair quality at the very least. 10-15 is pretty conservative, but stay with that for a few months before bumping up to 15-20. If you see results on 10-15 thought after 6 months, then by all means, stay at that range. Never below 10 though, as it may not be very beneficial.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  JhonPaul Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Yanks wrote:what hair growth booster is it?

Surely as there name indicates these are products helping and assisting you to get hair re growth at a quick rate.

JhonPaul

http://www.elixir.org.pk/

Back to top Go down

Post  ataman Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:12 am

Hi all,

Thought I should post a follow up to this. The shedding continued for about 3 weeks then stopped. It's hard to see what the helmet is doing as a whole just now, but it has definitely thickened up a few hairs at the front.

I'm now cutting down on finasteride again and introducing more supps...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the laser will be a powerful enough addition to allow me drop the drug for good.

ataman

Back to top Go down

Post  nzbalda Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:03 am

hi ataman

how did your shed panout I just started lasers( 2 months) after 4-5 years of minox, which I am still using and going through a pretty interesting shed

anyone else using laser and minox ,I've read some pretty bad things about the combo but a little tentative on quitting minox just yet Very Happy

nzbalda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down