Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia

+3
Nashville Hairline
abc123
tao81
7 posters

Go down

help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   Empty help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia

Post  tao81 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 pm

Does anyone know what can be done about this nasty condition. She has a lot of muscle and softtissue pain and normal pain medications do not work. I ´ve read that the Guaifenesin protocol may help. but honestly i have no clue how to help here.
Are there any sup. which helps with fibromyalgia ??
Thx a lot!

tao81

Back to top Go down

help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   Empty Re: help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia

Post  abc123 Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 pm

leaky gut

abc123

Back to top Go down

help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia   Empty Re: help! my girlfriend has fibromyalgia

Post  Nashville Hairline Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:20 pm

The primary condition that ecklonia cava is reputed to work for is fibromyalgia

Relief from Fibromyalgia:
Clinical Trial Results from an 8-week, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study of established fibromyalgia patients revealed the following: Patients taking ECE (Ecklonia Cava Extract) reduced the time it took participants to fall asleep by 47 minutes; total sleep time increased by 1.6 hours; soundness of sleep improved by 80%; energy levels were boosted by 71%; pain reduction amounted to 31%; general condition improved by 39%. What is amazing is the these improvements were achieved at all doses. Patients given the placebo had no improvement during the study.

I cant find this study on PubMed, mind.

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 pm

What is amazing is the these improvements were achieved at all doses

doesn't fill me with confidence about that study either confused

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 am

What is amazing is the these improvements were achieved at all doses
hm sounds a bit cheesy

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:36 am

High dose iodine, along co-factors. Dr. brownsteins treats them that way
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:17 am

Fibromyalgia, is usually (but not always) a manifestation of a thyroid disorder.

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/6/fixxing-your-thyroid

There are two great treatments (not curative) that can be used while resolving the thyroid.

Like LF said, Fibromyalgia usually requires special considerations, such as high dose iodine (often up to 100 mg per day), and with co-factors; the above link will touch on these briefly.

As for the two good treatments, one is very cheap and I've seen miraculous results within a day of its use. LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone).

The other is frequency specific microcurrent.

Correcting oxidative stress, which is part of an overall treatment, supplements like Ecklonia cava will help. Usually as with many other things, the lay public tend to look at things as this is "good" and this is "bad" or it "works" or it "doesn't work."

The truth is usually, that a condition such as Fibromyalgia requires a holistic treatment that addresses several factors, not the exclusive use of an isolated treatment or supplement.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:55 am

All good advice above.

I'm currently going through a similar nightmare and can only say that it is extremely multifactoral, there are an endless amount of pathologies in our world today that can lead to this, it's good to just keep reading and keep experimenting.

I found that increasing a natural salt intake and doing a leaky gut correcting diet to be the most helpful right now.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Thx a lot for your input!
I´m just wondering why her muscels allways ache. Esspecially after workout...
Yeah vit D levels are low, serotonin aswell. Cortisol, Noradrenaline is to high in the mornings and evenings- mid day it´s too low :-(- very confusing....
I´ve set her allready on 5000iu Vit D and she takes a ssri.

Maybe phosphat and thus calcification has something to do with it...
It´s very frustrating when you can´t help a beloved one...

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:13 am

I really, really don't recommend SSRI's, especially in your condition. The difference in my resolve to beat this while on them and off them was the difference between me being alive now, or dead.

While on those things they adversesly affected my health in numerous ways, but mostly by making me stupid. I just stopped caring, and my crutch for living with the illness was "well, one more week, see how it goes, if things don't improve I can always kill myself". Its crazy thinking back on it, because it was so nonchalant.

Just my experience.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:22 am

Want to also add that some side affects from that drug are semi-permanent. The habits you form while on the drug and the mode of thinking don't go as the drug goes either, I can't stress how hard it has been to start new relationships or do new things in my life since detoxing from Paxil.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:12 am

I second a > r - Taking an SSRI will prevent someone who has Fibromyalgia from recovery. The problem is a thyroid condition. If she goes to sick care, she will be managed by symptomatology only, while worsening the underlying problem.

SSRI's suppress the thyroid.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:27 pm

While not everything, Earthing/grounding is a good easy treatment and would recommend first above others for pain. David Wolfe has a good youtube conference about it for pain would recommend to start there.

Others listed above such as Ecklonia Cava while they do work, doesn't work as well IME.

High dose Iodine does get pretty close to the root cause (l-form/spirochetes) but hard to keep up with high dose Iodine (with selenomethionine) as it can get pretty hard on the body. Just like how MMS is oxidative therapy. Reason why D levels are low is due to the l-form/spirochetes such as lyme... which high dose Iodine helps with. But again, can be hard on the body and long-term may switch to a different treatment.

Chronic Fatigue is common in Fibromyalgia and a good starting place would recommend AOR magnesium and potassium asparates. Same reason why low dose naltrexone works but asparates is a better option. Don't buy any other brand as AOR as they don't contain enough asparates although Bio Alternatives Potassium asparates would be the second choice... asparates is what you're looking for and the magnesium and/or potassium is just delivery mechanism. http://www.aor.ca/html/products.php?id=154

Insominia is common and due to high ammonia. Asparates will help here. If need further help there is orthinine for ammonia as well.

To add further, would be common for gingivitis (bleeding gums). Would want to fight this and a good starting place for mile to moderate cases is baking soda with Xylitol. Could switch the baking soda to salt... although a little less effective (baking soda absorbs toxins) if worried if too abrasive. Again, the gingivitis goes back to the l form/spirochetes and D being low.

The above are probably best starting place.

general info = http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2008/06/fibromyalgia.html

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:10 pm

gyus thx for all your help! I´m going to do a search for the things you´ve said.
THX again! Any more input is very apreciated!

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down