Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity

4 posters

Go down

CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  Empty CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity

Post  a<r Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:13 am

Please share.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  Empty Re: CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity

Post  a<r Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:34 am

Well aware of some of the underlying causes, but what can I do short term?

Ligands to Nucleic Acid–Specific Toll-Like Receptors and the Onset of Lupus Nephritis
Rahul D. Pawar, Prashant S. Patole, Andreas Ellwart, Maciej Lech, Stephan Segerer, Detlef Schlondorff and Hans-Joachim Anders
Medical Policlinic, University of Munich, Munich, Germany

Address correspondence to: Dr. Hans-Joachim Anders, Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum der Universität–Innenstadt, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany. Phone: +49-89-218075846; Fax: +49-89-218075860; E-mail: hjanders@med.uni-muenchen.de

Received for publication March 23, 2006. Accepted for publication September 19, 2006.

Abstract

Lupus nephritis develops from a combination of genetic and environmental factors such as microbial infection. A role for microbial nucleic acids (e.g., via nucleic acid–specific Toll-like receptors [TLR]) was hypothesized, in this context, because microbial nucleic acids can trigger multiple aspects of autoimmunity in vitro and in vivo. Eight-week-old MRLlpr/lpr and MRL wild-type mice received an injection of pI:C RNA (ligand to TLR-3), imiquimod (ligand to TLR-7), or CpG-DNA (ligand to TLR-9) on alternate days for 2 wk. Only CpG-DNA triggered the onset of lupus nephritis in MRLlpr/lpr mice, as defined by diffuse proliferative glomerulonephritis associated with glomerular IgG and complement C3 deposition, proteinuria, and glomerular macrophage infiltrates. None of the compounds caused DNA autoantibody production or glomerulonephritis in MRL wild-type mice. The role of CpG-DNA to trigger lupus nephritis in MRLlpr/lpr mice was found to relate to its potent immunostimulatory effects at multiple levels: B cell IL12p40 production, B cell proliferation, double-stranded DNA autoantibody secretion, and dendritic cell IFN-α production. The induction of lupus nephritis by CpG-DNA is motif specific and could be prevented by co-injection of inhibitory DNA. In summary, among the ligands tested, CpG-DNA triggers lupus nephritis in genetically predisposed hosts. These data support the concept that systemic lupus erythematosus is triggered by pathogens that release CG-rich DNA.
Introd

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity  Empty Re: CS - your reccomendations for lupus / Autoimmunity

Post  LittleFighter Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 am

aWell aware of some of the underlying causes, but what can I do short term?

Ligands to Nucleic Acid–Specific Toll-Like Receptors and the Onset of Lupus Nephritis
Rahul D. Pawar, Prashant S. Patole, Andreas Ellwart, Maciej Lech, Stephan Segerer, Detlef Schlondorff and Hans-Joachim Anders
Medical Policlinic, University of Munich, Munich, Germany

Address correspondence to: Dr. Hans-Joachim Anders, Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum der Universität–Innenstadt, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany. Phone: +49-89-218075846; Fax: +49-89-218075860; E-mail: hjanders@med.uni-muenchen.de

Received for publication March 23, 2006. Accepted for publication September 19, 2006.

Abstract

Lupus nephritis develops from a combination of genetic and environmental factors such as microbial infection. A role for microbial nucleic acids (e.g., via nucleic acid–specific Toll-like receptors [TLR]) was hypothesized, in this context, because microbial nucleic acids can trigger multiple aspects of autoimmunity in vitro and in vivo. Eight-week-old MRLlpr/lpr and MRL wild-type mice received an injection of pI:C RNA (ligand to TLR-3), imiquimod (ligand to TLR-7), or CpG-DNA (ligand to TLR-9) on alternate days for 2 wk. Only CpG-DNA triggered the onset of lupus nephritis in MRLlpr/lpr mice, as defined by diffuse proliferative glomerulonephritis associated with glomerular IgG and complement C3 deposition, proteinuria, and glomerular macrophage infiltrates. None of the compounds caused DNA autoantibody production or glomerulonephritis in MRL wild-type mice. The role of CpG-DNA to trigger lupus nephritis in MRLlpr/lpr mice was found to relate to its potent immunostimulatory effects at multiple levels: B cell IL12p40 production, B cell proliferation, double-stranded DNA autoantibody secretion, and dendritic cell IFN-α production. The induction of lupus nephritis by CpG-DNA is motif specific and could be prevented by co-injection of inhibitory DNA. In summary, among the ligands tested, CpG-DNA triggers lupus nephritis in genetically predisposed hosts. These data support the concept that systemic lupus erythematosus is triggered by pathogens that release CG-rich DNA.
Introd

Really go WHEAT free. Also grain free would be ideal. Go Paleo, high fat. I've heard of a couple of recoveries from Lupus by switching to a clean paleo diet.

A friend's GF's has lupus... shame she's not willing to change her diet. Suspect
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 am

Already on it, though I will modify it, living with a lady makes it difficult as she's a shameless food afficiando / super chef, but she'll understand.

Also, numerous studies have pointed out that Antimalarial drugs are of value with these diseases, which just points back to cell wall deficient bacteria and.

Still believe that the gut is the origin of course regarding suceptability and total system downregulation.

Another interesting thing I've seen numerous times now that CS will probably give the nod to, are remissions after biological dental surgery and work.

Considering the deep decline my health went on after a previous four tooth extraction, holds a lot of water to me.

LF, has anybody told you lately that you're the man?

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:47 am

a > r - I was going to say the same thing as LittleFighter. It can be confirmed by a non-celiac wheat sensitivity test, if they need any proof.

Also, check oral pathology, another frequently undressed cause of Lupus.

Lupus is often correlated with hypothyroidism also, and taking care of the thyroid will help a lot.

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/6/fixxing-your-thyroid

Last, but not least, Lupus always involves adrenal problems. So while addressing that, a therapeutic dose of DHEA will be very helpful. Usually it's quite large compared healthy people.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:09 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Last, but not least, Lupus always involves adrenal problems. So while addressing that

CS, what do I need to address adrenals? Things I take that I think are beneficial to the adrenals are brewers yeast, magnesium, ashwaghanda, vit c and salt. Take another loads of supps but not sure they're of any benefit to the adrenals. Planning a DMSA and humifulvate metal chelation when I've got to time to dose at nights.

Am I missing anything major?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 am

I used to think that I got waves of adrenal fatigue now I'm not so sure anymore, I upped my sea salt intake by a bit and those problems went away so I think perhaps that it was just low blood pressure, any comment CS?

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:57 am

tooyoung wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:
Last, but not least, Lupus always involves adrenal problems. So while addressing that

CS, what do I need to address adrenals? Things I take that I think are beneficial to the adrenals are brewers yeast, magnesium, ashwaghanda, vit c and salt. Take another loads of supps but not sure they're of any benefit to the adrenals. Planning a DMSA and humifulvate metal chelation when I've got to time to dose at nights.

Am I missing anything major?

The following article is not specifically about adrenals, however it really is about the adrenals.

http://healthyfixx.com/23/is-this-causing-your-childs-allergies

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:59 am

aI used to think that I got waves of adrenal fatigue now I'm not so sure anymore, I upped my sea salt intake by a bit and those problems went away so I think perhaps that it was just low blood pressure, any comment CS?

That makes sense about the salt a > r, also after a while ramping up your vitamin D should help with boosting adrenal function.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down