Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe?

+6
LittleFighter
Decro435
ViolatedBird
CausticSymmetry
theseeker86
crincrin
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? Empty 12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe?

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Someone just said to me that I might screw up my thyroid by taking that much Iodine. Does that comment have any value? Experimented members, can you help me with this please Smile.

Back to top Go down

12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? Empty Re: 12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe?

Post  crincrin Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:57 pm

The mainstream view is that it has no benefits and that even the RDA may cause thyroid problems in some people.

The alternative view ranges from recommendations to supplement with 500 micrograms all the way up to recommendations for hundreds of milligrams.

Some people seem to have quite a bit of success on it, others not so much. The only thing I personally got out of it was scarring (cystic?) acne - I used the companion supplements, did salt flushes, etc. I talked to one woman at curezone who started on iodine and gained 30 lbs that she couldn't drop even one or two years later.

OTOH, there are people who claim to have cured their thyroid condition with high dose iodine. There are plenty of people on this forum who feel great taking it and who think it has helped their hair.

I know CS is a big fan of iodine. AFAIK, the literature used to back up high dose iodine comes mostly from Guy Abraham. Here's a list http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Research_I.shtml

Personally, I'm not convinced by those studies. Here's a debate with Guy Abraham and David Brownstein on one side (the two big "iodine docs") and another alternative doctor on the other side. http://www.iodine4health.com/ortho/debate_ortho.htm

The proposed mechanism for therapeutic high dose iodine is that it out-competes bromide at receptors intended for iodide. There are many causes of thyroid suppression in the modern world, ranging from bromide to dietary problems to toxins that act like hormones; I don't see how iodine would help with any of these except bromide toxicity. I don't know whether bromide toxicity is the dominant mechanism of thyroid suppression for most people.

There are many alternative docs who are against high dose iodine. It may work for you, but tread carefully.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:10 pm

I take 100mg a day and i think it's amazing stuff. Worked wonders for me in every way.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? Empty Did I find the cause of my hair loss, finally?!

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks guys... OMG I can't hold it, I think I've just discovered the root cause of my hair loss, tonight, god appeared to me lol.

Here's the story, so my problems are acne and hair loss. During my teens, I've always had acne, but never could figure out where it came from, I cut down sugars, milk, meat, nothing. Then someday I had the idea to cut out gluten (for hair loss, popular idea at the time), and so bread and cereals, as you know (maybe?), bread and cereals contain bromide which competes with iodine, thus make us deficient, after cutting out bread and cereals, I thought, woohoo, my acne is gone, so it was the gluten after all! WRONG, it was the bromide in bread and cereals.

Here's my second observation: every year, I spend 2 month on the Belgian Coast (Blankenberge, maybe you know? lool), on the sea side, where there is a lot of iodine floating in the air, I eat a lot of seafood there, and every year, when I was there, my acne disappeared, completely, and I've never been able to tell why, until now, now I think I can. Also, since I've been losing hair (17), there have been fluctuations in my hairloss, depending on my diet and lifestyle. I left to the coast every year on April 1st et moved back to Brussels on may 30th, my hair were everytime in better shape, I can say that for sure, then declined during the summer and the winter, then were a little better.

Third observation, I get a lot of acne when I spend time with friends at a bar where people are smoking, or when I go to a football game (Anderlecht, maybe you know too? lol), I get a lot of smoke in my face, and everytime the next morning I wake up with acne, whiteheads on my face, and it's the same when I make out with a girl who is a smoker, I get a lot acne around my mouth the next morning, it didn't happen with my non smoker girlfriend. In fact, I read somewhere (in french) that ciragettes, smoking, depletes the body from its iodine, is that true? sorry I'll answer to myself, it is, in fact: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17725431

So, guys, do you think I'm onto something here? could Iodine deficiency be cause of it all? acne and hair loss? shit I'll never be able to sleep now, and it's 6 in the morning here lol. Well, I guess I'm gonna study a little (I have exams in one week). Thanks in advance for your comments Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I created this thread a while ago, and I think it will help convince you even more of what you just stated.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t1129-hypothesis-of-male-pattern-hair-loss

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Thaaaaaaaaaaank you sooooo much CS, I'm pretty sure I found MY cause to MY hair loss Smile.

Here's a pic of me after spending 3 weeks at the sea side, eating sea food and inhaling iodine lol:

12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? Meafterseaside

And here's a pic of me in the summer, in Grece, eating junk food every single day lol:

12,5 mg Iodine A Day, Really Safe? Meinthesummer

See the difference in acne, and in my hair? fuck! how did I miss this! two years of research and I find the cause and the solution only now lol, well "mieux vaut tard que jamais" as we say in french lol Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm

I have a 4th observation guys! When I was 15, I had a very deep depression problem, I would be very sad and I didn't why, I just said I was afraid of dying or something, but we never found out what the cause was, I had this depression in march, and in April, we were heading to the coast, as we do every year, and my depression just went away there in two weeks, I was cured. So, no doubt, this is it Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:37 pm

CS, I'm very worried right now, because, I'm starting to think that my thyroid problems caused my myopia, and I got a surgery 4 months ago, so do you think I should fear that I could become, you know, couldn't close objects because of my detox, I know I might be paranoid, myopia isn't reversible isn't it? hell why am I so paranoid Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Ever have your SHBG checked? The symptoms sounds similar. Elevating thyroid with iodine could be increasing it.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:56 pm

SBHG, how do you rise it besides of Iodine? Smile, I won't take Iodine in the end, it's my choice, but I'll just take kelp supplements, even if it won't be nearly as powerful I know Smile

PS: don't take the post above into account, I'm just being very paranoid, it happens to me sometimes Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:35 am

It's funny you mention that about the coast, I remember when I was younger that when I went to the coast for 3 weeks people commented on how much better I looked when I got back. I was doing a lot of cardio at the time. This was before my hair loss but my skin and energy levels were way better.

My sister had Thyroid problems, I believe it was Hyperthyroidism at one stage. She developed Goiters under her jaw. I think she took Synthroid which seemed to work fairly well. To my knowledge she hasn't had any problems since. My mother also had Thyroid problems after pregnancy. My maternal uncle had diabetes (Links to Thyroid). All of this made me 100% believe that the thyroid was my problem. So I hopped on Iodine and Selenium. I can say those first 4 days of supplementation were the best I've ever felt. Energy levels skyrocketed, hair loss actually seemed to have stopped which I thought was impossible for 4 days, Hair felt amazing, complete change in mood and character. Trust me I'm very skeptical about everything but in no way am I exaggerating these claims. But then I was getting pains around my jaw, quite intense pains. I was told that this was Bromide detox and went along with it. After those 4 days things went straight downhill. I became very emotional (told it was bromide detox again), Swelling at the top of my spine, felt crazy etc. Since these were the typical symptoms of Bromide detox I was trying to keep going, but at that stage I was only taking 2-3 drops of Iosol. Then came the worst symptoms. My Anxiety exploded and I began having extreme heart flutters and palpitations. This stopped me from sleeping and really interfered with my life. Unfortunately the heart symptoms haven't gone away since then. The Doctor has told me it's from an Anxiety disorder and that until I get that under control I won't see any improvement. All of this stemmed from Iodine supplementation, so be weary in taking it. I have never found out why this happened, some people seem to do well on it. If I continued to experience the same success as the first 4 days I would be Iodine's No.1 fan. But I can't go back to trying even a drop of Iodine in fear that my heart problems will go wild.

There's something to Iodine, everyone seems to say that no matter what Thyroid disorder you have that it will help you, including Graves/Hashimotos/Hypo/Hyper. But what from I see, it's making the problem worse. Those heart symptoms are too dangerous to mess around with. I believe I'm either inducing Hyperthyroidism, making a hashimotos disorder worse or just plain damaging my thyroid. It's been over a year now since that experience with Iodine. I've tried a drop or 2 once or twice throughout the year and even that increases my anxiety and heart flutters tenfold. I'd love to learn the science behind why this happens just to understand why. Maybe one day I could go back to using Iodine and not have to deal with those side effects.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:56 am

Decro435 - This occurs has a terrible irony, because it always occurs when there is a combination of two things a residual load of goitrogens or iodine inhibiting substances and an iodine deficiency. Also, when hyperthyroid symptoms occurs with iodine use, it is generally caused by an elevation in toxic metals (mercury or cadmium), more on this part later.

So when iodine is introduced in a very small minority of these patients, there will be a temporary reaction of hyperthyroid-like symptoms and thyroid hormone temporarily (for a period of 24 to 40 hours) plummets. When this occurs iodine should be stopped, and the next step, which is recommended by Dr. David Brownstein, besides the salt loading and C could be the most important, which is a treatment called NAET.

NAET is a special acupuncture technique taught and developed by Dr. Nambudripad. She has taught many physicians
this technique which can completely alleviate an 'allergy' to iodine or a reaction to a substance.

Sometimes there are transport defects in either the sodium iodine symporter or even the chloride iodine symporter.
In any event finding a practitioner who know NAET could resolve the iodine dilemma.

Some of Dr. David Brownstein's patients who feel really good on iodine initially who develop an allergy reaction are told to stop the iodine temporarily, and have NAET performed, and then resume iodine and it appears to work out.

http://www.naet.com/

It should be noted that in addition to what is mentioned above, the primary reason for the hyperthyroid symptoms is due to high levels of mercury and cadmium. Cadmium from the air/traffic cigarette smoke or factory work, and the mercury from dental sources.

That said, if either metal toxicity is present, a heavy metal detox can make a difference.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:28 am

That's a great thread by CS. If you are here for MPB there is the correlation between thyroid, iodine, MPB and other diseases.

The safest way to go with Iodine, is start at a low dose (1/4 of a Iodoral tablet) stay there 2 or 3 weeks, then add another quarter and so on. Also take the companion nutrients, a probiotic and really drop wheat, other grains too if you can.

The idea is to expell all the toxic metals and elements and load up on Iodine, for the WHOLE body not just the thyroid. Iodine loading has te potential, I believe, to reverse abnormalities seen on MPB sufferers... not worth?

I'm not even sure if allergy to Iodine (inorganic) is possible, after all it is not an organic compound, not bound to protein...
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:19 am

LittleFighter - I totally agree, an actual allergy to iodine seems impossible, it's like saying magnesium causes an allergy.

There was an interesting situation in Japan that happened where one area of Japan developed symptoms, yet the rest of the nation did not and still all had a good intake of iodine due to the seaweed consumption. It was later found that the area that had a problem were exposed to heavy levels of goitrogens (mostly bromide).

Over 95% of the iodine consumed by mainland Japanese comes from seaweed. If you want to prove that the intake of iodine by mainland Japanese is within the same range as consumed by the U.S. population or maybe slightly above, just tell your Japanese study subjects to abstain from seaweed during the study period. It’s that easy and this technique has been used effectively in several publications. As a general rule, mainland Japanese living in the coastal areas of Japan, consume more seaweed than inland dwellers (15,25-27). Among the coastal areas, the inhabitants of Hokkaido ingest the largest amount of seaweed (15). Hokkaido produces 90% of the seaweed consumed in Japan (15), further processed by drying and flattening for sales in food stores. Statistics compiled by the Japanese Ministry of Health is based on the dry form of seaweed (28). Seaweed contains predominantly the inorganic form of the element iodine, mainly iodide (29). Seaweed also concentrates other halides such as bromide, which possess goitrogenic, carcinogenic and narcoleptic properties (1). Seawater is very poor in iodide and relatively rich in bromide with 0.05 PPM iodide and 70 PPM bromide. There is 1400 times more bromide than iodide in seawater.

Mainland Japanese consume large amounts of iodine from seaweed and they are one of the healthiest nations (12). Based on extensive surveys performed by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and published in 1982 (30), mainland Japanese, at least up to 1982, experienced one of the lowest incidences of cancer in general. Mainland Japanese have the longest lifespan in the world (31). Although seaweed has been the main source of iodine for the Japanese population, inorganic iodine/iodide in supplements (liquid or tablets) seems a much purer, safer and more accurate form for supplementation of this essential element than seaweed. It is more difficult to titrate the amount of seaweed needed to achieve whole body sufficiency for iodine than the amount of a pure standardized solid dose form of this essential element. It was not conclusively proven that iodine was the cause of the reported seaweed-induced goiter with normal thyroid functions 40 years ago in Hokkaido, Japan (15). This seaweed-induced goiter eventually disappeared (23). Suzuki et al (15) questioned whether seaweed itself was the cause of this goiter, since much larger amounts of iodide in pulmonary patients did not induce goiter. Suzuki et al commented: "Considering the paucity of reported cases of iodine goiter with the wide spread usage of iodine medication, we cannot exclude factors other than excessive intake of dietary iodine as a cause of the goiter." Also, residents in Tokyo, Japan, who excreted similar levels of iodide in their urine (around 20 mg/24h) did not experience goiter. Contamination of seaweed with bromide is the most likely explanation, since bromide is a goitrogen (1), and there is 1400 times more bromide than iodide in seawater (20). The presence of excess goitrogens in the diet would require greater amounts of ingested iodine to prevent the goitrogenic effect of these substances (2).

Abraham, G.E., The safe and effective implementation of orthoiodosupplementation in medical practice. The Original Internist, 11:17-36, 2004.
Abraham, G.E., The historical background of the Iodine Project. The Original Internist, 12(2):57-66, 2005.
Coindet, J.F., Decouverte d’un nouveau remède contre le goitre. Ann. Clin. Phys., 15:49, 1820.
Lugol, J.G.A., Mémoire sur l’emploi de l’iode dans les maladies scrophuleuses. Paris, 1829. (Published by himself).
Gennaro A.R., Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy, 19th Edition, 1995, Mack Publishing Co., 1267.
Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia 28th edition. J.E.F. Reynolds. Editor: The Pharmaceutical Press, pg. 865, 1982.
Cohn, B.N.E., Absorption of Compound Solution of Iodine from the Gastro-Intestinal Tract. Arch. Intern Med., 49:950-956, 1932.
Marine, D., Prevention and Treatment of Simple Goiter. Atl. Med. J., 26:437-442, 1923.
Abraham, G.E.: The concept of orthoiodosupplementation and its clinical implications. The Original Internist, 11:29-38, 2004.
Thompson, W.O., Brailey, A.G., Thompson, P.K., et al, The Range of Effective Iodine Dosage in Exophthalmic Goiter III. Arch. Int. Med., 45:430, 1930.
Schroeder, H.A., The Trace Elements and Man. The Devin-Adair Co., Old Greenwich, CT, pg. 52,53, 1975.
Abraham, G.E., Flechas, J.D., Hakala, J.C., Orthoiodosupplementation: Iodine sufficiency of the whole human body. The Original Internist, 9:30-41, 2002.
Oddie, T.H., Fisher, D.A., McConahey, W.M., et al, Iodine Intake in the United States: A Reassessment. J. Clin. Endocr. & Metab., 30:659-665, 1970.
Zimmermann, M.B., et al, High thyroid volume in children with excess dietary iodine intakes. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 81:840-844, 2005.
Suzuki, H., Higuchi, T., Sawa, K., et al, Endemic Coast Goitre in Hokkaido Japan. Acta Endocr., 50:161-176, 1965.
Clements, F.W., Goitre prophylaxis by addition of potassium iodate to bread. The Lancet, 1:489-492, 1970.
Fradkin, J.E., Wolff, J., Iodide-Induced Thyrotoxicosis. Medicine, 62:1-20, 1983.
Sticht, G., Käferstein, H., Bromine. In Handbook on Toxicity of Inorganic Compounds – Seiler HG and Sigel, H Editors, Marcel Dekker Inc, 143-151, 1988.
Bulman, R.A., Iodine. In Handbook on Toxicity of Inorganic Compounds – Seiler HG and Sigel, H Editors, Marcel Dekker Inc, 327-337, 1988.
Neidleman, S.L., Geigert, J., Biohalogenation: Principles, Basic Roles and Applications. Ellis Horwood Limited Publishers, Chichester, Halsted Press, 1986.
Stewart, J.C., Vidor, G.I., Thyrotoxicosis induced by iodine contamination of food-a common unrecognized condition? British Med. J., 1:372-375, 1976.
Furudate, S., Nishimaki, T., Muto, T., 125I Uptake Competing with Iodine Absorption by the Thyroid Gland following Povidone-Iodine Skin Application. Exp. Anim. 46(3), 197-202, 1997.
Phillippou, G., Koutras, D.A., Piperingos, G., et al, The effect of iodide on serum thyroid hormone levels in normal persons, in hyperthyroid patients, and in hypothyroid patients on thyroxine replacement. Clin. Endocr., 36:573-578, 1992.
Abraham, G.E., The Wolff-Chaikoff Effect: Crying Wolf? The Original Internist, 12(3):112-118, 2005.
Konno, N., Yuri, K., Miura, K., et al, Clinical Evaluation of the Iodide/Creatinine Ratio of Casual Urine Samples as an Index of Daily Iodide Excretion in a Population Study. Endocrine Journal, 40(1):163-169, 1993.
Nagataki, S., Shizume, K., Nakao, K., Thyroid Function in Chronic Excess Iodide Ingestion: Comparison of Thyroidal Absolute Iodine Uptake and Degradation of Thyroxine in Euthyroid Japanese Subjects. J. Clin. Endocr., 27:638-647, 1967.
Konno, N. Makita, H., Yuri, K., et al, Association between Dietary Iodine Intake and Prevalence of Subclinical Hypothyroidism in the Coastal Regions of Japan. J. of Clin. Endocr., & Metab., 78:393-397, 1994.
Nutrition in Japan, 1964. Nutrition Section, Bureau of Public Health, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Japan. Printed: Tokyo, Japan, March 1965.
Shaw, T.I., The Mechanism of Iodide Accumulation by the Brown Sea Weed Laminaria digitata. Proc. Roy. Soc. (London), B 150, 356-371, 1959.
Waterhouse, J., Shanmvgakatnam, K., et al, Cancer incidence in five continents. LARC Scientific Publications, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France, 1982.
Koga, Y., et al, Recent Trends in Cardiovascular Disease and Risk Factors in the Seven Countries Study: Japan. Lessons for Science from the Seven Countries Study, H. Toshima, et al, eds, Springer, New York, NY, 63-74, 1994.
Yabu, Yukiko, Miyai, K., Hayashizaki, S., et al, Measurement of Iodide in Urine Using the Iodide-selective Ion Electrode. Endocr. Japan, 33:905-911, 1986.
Underwood, E.J., Trace Elements in Human and Animal Nutrition. Academic Press, New York, NY, pg. 271-296, 1977.
Childs, D.S., Keating, F.R., Rall, J.E., et al, The effect of varying quantities of inorganic iodide (carrier) on the urinary excretion and thyroidal accumulation of radioiodine in exophthalmic goiter. J. Clin. Invest., 29:726-738, 1950.
Marcus, F.I., Fontaine, G.H., Frank, R., et al, Clinical pharmacology and therapeutic applications of the antiarrhythmic agent, amiodarone. Am. Heart J., 101:480-493, 1981.
Martino, E., Bartalena, L., Bogazzi, F., et al, The Effects of Amiodarone on the Thyroid. Endocrine Reviews, 22(2):240-254, 2001.
Dusman, R.E., Stanton, M.S., Miles, W.M., et al, Clinical Features of Amiodarone-Induced Pulmonary Toxicity. Circulation, 82:51-59, 1990.
Broekhuysen, J., Laruel, R., Sion, R., Recherches dans la serie des benzofurannes XXXVII. Etude comparee du transit et du metabolisme de l’amiodarone chez diverses especes animals et chez l’homme. Arch. Int. Pharmacodyn., 177(2):340-359, 1969.
Abraham, G.E., Serum inorganic iodide levels following ingestion of a tablet form of Lugol solution: Evidence for an enterohepatic circulation of iodine. The Original Internist, 11(3):29-34, 2004.
Slebodzinski, A.B., Ovarian iodide uptake and triiodothyronine generation in follicular fluid. The enigma of the thyroid ovary interaction. Domest. Anim. Edocrinol. 29(1):97-103, July 2005.
Abraham, G.E., Brownstein, D., Evidence that the administration of Vitamin C improves a defective cellular transport mechanism for iodine: A case report. The Original Internist, 12(3):125-130, 2005.
Hollowell, J.G., Staehling, N.W., Hannon, W.H., et al, Iodine Nutrition in the United States. Trends and Public Health Implications: Iodine Excretion Data from National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys I and III (1971-1974 and 1988-1994). J. of Clin. Endocr. & Metab., 83:3401-3408,1998.
Rauws, A.G., Pharmacokinetics of Bromide Ion-An Overview. Fd. Chem. Toxic., 21:379-382, 1983

Last edited by CausticSymmetry on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:23 am

Thanks CS, Is there anything else I can do?. Acupuncture isn't a option.

As for the heavy metal detox, I've never been too consistent with it. I have Humifuvlate and Toxguard (MCP). I've tried them for various periods of time and had no reaction, I guess this is why I'm unenthusiastic about it. I understand that it takes a long time to resolve a Heavy metal problem. But if the intense heart/anxiety symptoms where caused by a mercury/cadium issue I thought I would at least seen them diminish to some degree. Is there anything else I can do to be able to incorporate Iodine back into a regimen?.

By the way, I've picked up smoking from last November. I realize the implications this has on my health, but have you any information on how smoking interferes with anxiety issues. Also, how does it interfere with IBS?. I've noticed that nearly always I need to go to the toilet when I smoke, could anyone explain the mechanism behind this?.

Also, I forgot to ask if anyone here has had Graves or Hashimotos. I'd like to hear from someone diagnosed with either disease and hear what their reaction to supplemental Iodine was. I understand CS that you and Dr. Brownstein claim that both these diseases need Iodine as well despite what mainstream claims. But I still find it hard to truly believe, Iodine users who have graves or hashis are hard to find, so if anyone has first hand information on this it would be helpful.

Last edited by Decro435 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:24 am

I love seeing users come to this site extremely skeptical, then slowly get excited about alternative health and start to believe in it as they realize they're taking their power back over their health, bodies, and in the end, lives. Congrats Fred.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:54 am

Decro435 - I think you asked some really important points.

There is one "flaw" to using humifulvate alone, and that is it requires ample glutathione to bind to whatever toxin, before humifulvate will bind to it in the intestinal membrane. Or perhaps a high glutathoine level isn't enough to bind to the toxic agent.

While, DMSA or DMPS isn't as safe as I would like, however I believe a combination of humifulvate and DMSA or DMPS could be used to good effect.

So for example, DMSA orally could be used in tandem with humifulvate. The DMSA will bind to the toxin in whatever tissue and the humifulvate will insure the complete removal once the toxin travels into the intestinal tract.

DMSA or DMPS alone is often questionable about absolute removal, but at least they can bind within the body to the metal and bring it the intestine where humifulvate will irreversibly bind to it and allow for complete excretion.

Another idea is zeolite, which are not well published but many practitioners consider them to be extremely effective chelators.

MCP is only effective for Lead, so it doesn't really apply so much for the other metals.

Regarding smoking, it definitely stimulates peristalsis (involuntary muscle contractions in the colon).

Niacinamide can possibly help with the anxiety, it's been researched in this regard since the 1930's and may work in a similar fashion to nicotine.

I've dosed Hashimoto's patients with iodine. Other than the "normal" expected and temporary frontal sinus headaches, there have been no problems.

Another thing I should mention is intracellular calcium. If this is high it can also set the stage for autoimmune, so magnesium is necessary for those cases.

One other note is that many Hashimoto's cases (over 50%) have an undiagnosed non-celiac wheat sensitivity. Antibodies will normalize when cessation of gluten products in this instance.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 am

OK so for this iodine thing, I'm gonna start taking 900 mcg of Iodine in the form of kelp until the end of the month, then take 1/4 Iodoral tabs for 2 weeks and up the dosage very slowly to 12,5 mg (1/4 very two weeks), does it sound good?

Aside from that, in September, I'm gonna take Humifulvate, a couple of vitamin C grams, and magnesium everyday, and do some salt flushes, all of this for my heavy metal detox, am I doing this right? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Comments by Dr Donald Miller

"In 1962, I spent the summer after my first year of medical school at the Marine Biology Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts with one of my professors doing research on the electrophysiology of tunicate hearts. Dr. Albert Szent Gyorgi, the Nobel laureate who discovered vitamin C, was there. I was fortunate to be able to meet him and attend his lectures. Dr. Szent Gyorgi, it turns out, loved iodine and took it himself in gram doses. He enjoyed excellent health and lived to the age of 93. In his book Bioenergetics, he writes, “When I was a medical student, iodine in the form of KI [potassium iodide] was the universal medicine. Nobody knew what it did, but it did something and did something good. We students used to sum up the situation in this little rhyme:

If ye don’t know where, what, and why

Prescribe ye then K and I”

"The standard dose was 1 gram of KI, which contains 770 mg of iodine."

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:13 pm

So there is not 12,5 mg of iodine in Iodoral but 10 mg, if it's 77% the Potassium Iodide, as you suggested, right? bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Why do you have to slowly decrease the dosage of idodine?

I started talking 3mg of prolamine iodine per day without any trouble.

I used Iosol 5-7 drops per day without trouble.

What am I missing, here?

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:20 pm

That some people might not tolerate high doses immediately, I'm sure that if I start too strong, I might end up having cystic acne, so I'll just be cautious with that thing (Iodine), you can even screw your thyroid, some have on CureZone and some patients of my physician too, so you'd better be careful with that stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:11 pm

FredtheBelgian wrote:That some people might not tolerate high doses immediately, I'm sure that if I start too strong, I might end up having cystic acne, so I'll just be cautious with that thing (Iodine), you can even screw your thyroid, some have on CureZone and some patients of my physician too, so you'd better be careful with that stuff.

Screwed? in what way?
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 pm

By the way, I've picked up smoking from last November. I realize the implications this has on my health, but have you any information on how smoking interferes with anxiety issues.

Cigarettes are a potent source of cadmium and lead.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Bah, in the second post of the topic, a lady that gained 30 lbs and couldn't drop it afterwards, isn't that "screw"'? :p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next