Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
any other success story like FredtheBelgian? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

any other success story like FredtheBelgian?

+3
Decro435
itzmecorey
magic_gro
7 posters

Go down

any other success story like FredtheBelgian? Empty any other success story like FredtheBelgian?

Post  magic_gro Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 pm

I don't have the same kind of hairloss as Fred, but still i am trying and adding vitamin A and B5, and applying topical ACV and cayenne to see if I have any luck.

problem is: i am 29 and lost the hair over my temples at around 23. Fred is 21 and I suspect it's not long since he thinned. which gives much better odds than after a window of 6 years.

is anyone with overall thinning like Fred had -but maybe a larger time window of hair loss- trying his protocol and will he refer back his results to the forum?

thanks
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

any other success story like FredtheBelgian? Empty Re: any other success story like FredtheBelgian?

Post  itzmecorey Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 pm

what did he do?

itzmecorey

http://www.coreychmiel.com

Back to top Go down

any other success story like FredtheBelgian? Empty Re: any other success story like FredtheBelgian?

Post  magic_gro Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:48 am

magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 am

Oh a topic on me! lol, I don't know what helped the most but I began with 50000 IU vitamin A and it made wonders for my acne and my hair (unexpected), by reducing sebum dramaticaly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 am

magic_gro wrote:I don't have the same kind of hairloss as Fred, but still i am trying and adding vitamin A and B5, and applying topical ACV and cayenne to see if I have any luck.

problem is: i am 29 and lost the hair over my temples at around 23. Fred is 21 and I suspect it's not long since he thinned. which gives much better odds than after a window of 6 years.

is anyone with overall thinning like Fred had -but maybe a larger time window of hair loss- trying his protocol and will he refer back his results to the forum?

thanks

Vitamin B5 could have helped with his adrenals, I highly doubt it would make that much of an effect on it's own.

Vitamin A could have helped with his sebum, but that much?.

As for ACV. I used to love the stuff, but it's seriously lacking in studies. Just google about any supplement on google and you'll get millions of results claiming it cures various problems. But without evidence it just really looks like exaggerated scam. Paul Bragg the main pioneer of ACV died at 81 from a heart attack, even though it was claimed he died at 95. The only thing I've found ACV to be good for is controlling blood sugar. It's actually not that great for minerals, you get a shitload more potassium from a banana rather than ACV. Same goes for all the other minerals it is said to supply.

So are you just ignoring the fact that Fred used Minoxidil?. That was most likely the reason for his success...
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:06 am

No, minox was not the reason of my success, I have been using it since november 2009 and I had my precious regrowth in march 2011! So no no no, it's not the minox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:10 am

FredtheBelgian wrote:No, minox was not the reason of my success, I have been using it since november 2009 and I had my precious regrowth in march 2011! So no no no, it's not the minox!

You can't rule the minoxidil out. If you've been to HLT, then you've seen drastically different results of minoxidil from different people. That includes time lines. I used minoxidil for a long time and didn't see any results. Tried it again and saw immediate results. If you don't think Minoxidil did anything for you, then why don't you drop it. As stated on here, it's a poison.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:21 am

Security. How can I know? maybe all my hair are minoxidilized right now, not worth the risk, I'm keeping it! until the cure Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:33 am

FredtheBelgian wrote:Security. How can I know? maybe all my hair are minoxidilized right now, not worth the risk, I'm keeping it! until the cure Smile

Have you suffered Anxiety/Nervousness growing up?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:35 am

Yes, I mean at 15 (not before that), then went away until hair loss (19), why this question? Smile

I'm a very anxious person by nature, but now it's over, don't exactly know why, the supps? my antidepressant (I withdrawed ot it 1 month ago)? the fact I've been able to save and regrow my hair until now?

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:46 am

FredtheBelgian wrote:Yes, I mean at 15 (not before that), then went away until hair loss (19), why this question? Smile

I'm a very anxious person by nature, but now it's over, don't exactly know why, the supps? my antidepressant (I withdrawed ot it 1 month ago)? the fact I've been able to save and regrow my hair until now?

Even by looking at your picture you can tell. Stress I'm starting to believe is one of the big players in MPB. It's effect throughout your body is immense. I hate using this term but thinking "negatively" effects your hormones. In turn I believe if you are an anxious person, you wreck havoc on your adrenals, thus thyroid and mineral balance. But, take this with a grain of salt I'm not a professional. Vitamin B5 could have helped your adrenals, but I highly doubt it would make as much of a difference to regrow hair. Maybe you'd benefit from using specific Adrenal supplements... I noticed when I was about 18, after I'd get my hair cut that I'd feel less inflammation in the following weeks. I always expected my hair to look worse than it did and when it didn't look that bad, I'd be a lot more confident and I'd stop thinking about it so much, i.e not be as anxious. Could that be the reason I felt less inflammation? Giving my adrenals a break?. Who knows?....
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 am

Interesting man! Smile I also think it's the B5 that made a big difference for anxiety, at the moment I started taking it, maybe 1 week later I felt a difference in my body, in my mind, and in my behaviour Surprised . What do you recommend for adrenal? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 am

FredtheBelgian wrote:Interesting man! Smile I also think it's the B5 that made a big difference for anxiety, at the moment I started taking it, maybe 1 week later I felt a difference in my body, in my mind, and in my behaviour Surprised . What do you recommend for adrenal? Smile

I'll give you my opinion, but that's just it.... don't be asking people like me. I've no knowledge in this, too many people on this forum recommend stuff when they really don't have a clue...

Anyways, I was thinking about trying Drenamin.. There's also a "Main guy" who gives a regimen online (and also sells supplements and a book) the same way Dr. Brownstein has a regimen for Thyroid.. look around you'll probably find it..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:17 am

Decro435: what is it in Fred's face that betrays his anxiety? bounce
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:29 am

You can just tell.. you can always spot an anxious person out of a crowd.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Ecklonia Cava boosts serotonin, norepinephrine and gaba levels in the brain and promotes alpha wave relaxation and reduces anxiety. Curcumin and Resveratrol do alot of the same thing minus the alpha waves. Krill Oil, like fish oil balances a person out by boosting serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain, but krill oil is also pretty sturdy 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor. Krill Oil is also a strong vasodilator and lowers blood pressure, just like minoxidil. So if you look at it in light of that, he is nailing his anxiety, blocking dht and using a regrowth agent by just using those supplements.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 am

Taken from HLT (which was take from IH before that) - posted by squeegee:

Ok I was at my GP not too long ago, an Egyptian doctor who I have been seeing for about a decade.

For the first time we spoke about my hair loss, well well fkn well.. what a surprise when that topic was brought up.

Turns out he used to work for Merck & Sharpe as a researcher back in Egypt and he was booted out for his theory on hair loss. This is no bullshit.. this guy was a fkn knowledge machine. All this time!

DHT isn't the cause of hair loss is. Sebum is. This is why:

DHT triggers the glands in your follicle to overproduce sebum. Bacteria gathers in this overflow and your immune system then attacks the bacteria, INCLUDING the hair follicle with inflammation. He said it's very similar to the process of acne.

Propecia works by stopping the DHT triggering the sebum overflow. He said Propecia could make your hair worse if like me hyperandrogenicity causes the extra oil.

He said he proved this theory by putting an early stage patient on low dose accutane. He said the patient regrew hair. He said this is why Retinoid helps, not because it tackles DHT, but because it tackles the sebaceous gland and stops the production of sebum.. hence stopping the gathering of bacteria.. hence no inflammation and no immune response.

I also asked why some medications work and why some don't. He said in theory it should work for all, but there are 2 reasons it doesnt:

1. Internal drugs can cause hyperandrogenicity like I've experienced
2. Topical drugs don't reach the follicle BECAUSE of the sebum build up blocking it. He said minoxidil works best with retin-A not because retin-A helps hair loss through DHT, but helps the minoxidil flow down the follicle wall by eliminating sebum build up.

He said he never really gave it the years of research it deserves, but his theory is ultra-low-doses of Accutane stops hair loss. He said 10mg twice a week will do the job.

He said when he kept trying to push this idea through his experiments, Merck kicked him off the research team."

JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:52 am

Unfortunately there is more to hair loss than just sebum. Nethertheless, this was a pretty interesting piece of information.

As many are probably aware here, Isotretinoin (Accutane) is an extremely side-effect prone medication, and even in low dose would be very resistant to taking it.

Instead, would suggest trying the natural form of Isotretinoin, which is really animal form Vitamin A.

Observe the similarities of their molecular structure.

any other success story like FredtheBelgian? Trans-10

Trans-Retinol

any other success story like FredtheBelgian? Isotre10

Isotetinoin

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 am

i have long suspected the sebum. as i have already stated elsewhere, years before loosing my temples, i would have a thick disgusting cuticle over them, hidden at the base of my hair Evil or Very Mad

but when loosing my hair i was shampooing my temples like crazy, and there was no sebum there.

also: do you guy think that living (especially sleeping) in a hot environment would increase the excretion of sebum through the skin?

thanks!
-magic-
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 am

magic_gro wrote:i have long suspected the sebum. as i have already stated elsewhere, years before loosing my temples, i would have a thick disgusting cuticle over them, hidden at the base of my hair Evil or Very Mad

but when loosing my hair i was shampooing my temples like crazy, and there was no sebum there.

also: do you guy think that living (especially sleeping) in a hot environment would increase the excretion of sebum through the skin?

thanks!
-magic-

The temperature will not matter. Just because your glands "sweat" more doesn't mean they are producing more sebum. I can say that I showed improvement when my oily head was under control.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:49 am

JosephineMarie wrote:Taken from HLT (which was take from IH before that) - posted by squeegee:

Ok I was at my GP not too long ago, an Egyptian doctor who I have been seeing for about a decade.

For the first time we spoke about my hair loss, well well fkn well.. what a surprise when that topic was brought up.

Turns out he used to work for Merck & Sharpe as a researcher back in Egypt and he was booted out for his theory on hair loss. This is no bullshit.. this guy was a fkn knowledge machine. All this time!

DHT isn't the cause of hair loss is. Sebum is. This is why:

DHT triggers the glands in your follicle to overproduce sebum. Bacteria gathers in this overflow and your immune system then attacks the bacteria, INCLUDING the hair follicle with inflammation. He said it's very similar to the process of acne.

Propecia works by stopping the DHT triggering the sebum overflow. He said Propecia could make your hair worse if like me hyperandrogenicity causes the extra oil.

He said he proved this theory by putting an early stage patient on low dose accutane. He said the patient regrew hair. He said this is why Retinoid helps, not because it tackles DHT, but because it tackles the sebaceous gland and stops the production of sebum.. hence stopping the gathering of bacteria.. hence no inflammation and no immune response.

I also asked why some medications work and why some don't. He said in theory it should work for all, but there are 2 reasons it doesnt:

1. Internal drugs can cause hyperandrogenicity like I've experienced
2. Topical drugs don't reach the follicle BECAUSE of the sebum build up blocking it. He said minoxidil works best with retin-A not because retin-A helps hair loss through DHT, but helps the minoxidil flow down the follicle wall by eliminating sebum build up.

He said he never really gave it the years of research it deserves, but his theory is ultra-low-doses of Accutane stops hair loss. He said 10mg twice a week will do the job.

He said when he kept trying to push this idea through his experiments, Merck kicked him off the research team."

Read that years ago when I was a regular on HLT. Sebum is a massive part of the problem, in fact if I rub my temples now I can feel a nice load of sebum all over them. You should know by now that on this forum the use of any drugs is frowned upon. Accutane as CS has stated is a dangerous drug just like the rest of the proposed "cures" on HLT. Actually one of the listed side effects is Hair Loss. We would also see Acne sufferers who also suffer MPB claiming hair growth if it were as easy as just using Accutane.

I've used Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar topically in hope of neutralizing any possible sebum on my head. Unfortunately although I did see some benefit from them such as less inflammation these treatments aren't easy to comply with. ACV at night apart from smelling so bad is uncomfortable and annoying. Baking Soda in the shower is still an alright idea and does help dissolve sebum but it's damaging to the hair, dries it out and makes it look like a dogs ass. And since they aren't left on the scalp the process just goes on...

In light on bringing that topic back up, is Vitamin A the only substitute for directly dealing with inflammation?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Decro - I am definitely not saying anyone should use Accutane. I posted that in support of Fred's statement, and well, proof, that Vitamin A is helping him with his sebum/acne and hair. I've seen plenty of the lawyers on TV ready to sue over the damages caused by Accutane and I wouldn't even consider taking it.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Decro435 wrote:I've used Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar topically in hope of neutralizing any possible sebum on my head. Unfortunately although I did see some benefit from them such as less inflammation these treatments aren't easy to comply with. ACV at night apart from smelling so bad is uncomfortable and annoying. Baking Soda in the shower is still an alright idea and does help dissolve sebum but it's damaging to the hair, dries it out and makes it look like a dogs ass. And since they aren't left on the scalp the process just goes on...

In light on bringing that topic back up, is Vitamin A the only substitute for directly dealing with inflammation?.

I too have tried baking soda--but on my face--to try to tamp down the oil. It just overdries my skin and then we are back to square one the next day and maybe oilier even because it is too stripping and my skin is trying to overcompensate. I've noted that glycolic acid can really help if I am consistent with it and also I noticed a reduction in sebum when I have used pantethine, l-carnetine and nac--this is a recipe I found somewhere on the net to help the body make coenzyme A--I don't remember the exact doses that I read were necessary, so I am just winging it at 300 mg of pantethine (or one could use B5) x3, 500 l-carnetine x 3 and 600 mg of nac 3 x day. I just haven't stuck with it long enough to see any benefit to my hair in the past--probably because I'm always popping supplements--it just adds an extra burden. Maybe the burden is worth it though (as I see Fred's hair looks a helluva lot better) and I'm doing it now (as of today)--I'm also tossing in 10,000 IU of vitamin A for more sebum control. It would be a miracle if I started complaining about dry skin! So maybe azaelic (sp?) acid would be a good topical for getting rid of sebum on the scalp (or really even glycolic) and maybe that's why it is purported to help reduce DHT and help with hairloss? I don't know--I'm just speculating here. I think a lot of IH supps are just for that--bringing down inflammation--so you were mostly inquiring about topicals that bring down inflammation?
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:06 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Unfortunately there is more to hair loss than just sebum. Nethertheless, this was a pretty interesting piece of information.

As many are probably aware here, Isotretinoin (Accutane) is an extremely side-effect prone medication, and even in low dose would be very resistant to taking it.

Instead, would suggest trying the natural form of Isotretinoin, which is really animal form Vitamin A.

Observe the similarities of their molecular structure.

any other success story like FredtheBelgian? Trans-10

Trans-Retinol

any other success story like FredtheBelgian? Isotre10

Isotetinoin

Right! I really wasn't saying I was in support of Accutane--only to the extent that vitamin A might really be valid in terms of helping to control sebum. I just didn't explain that in my post--you guys aren't mind readers? '-)

Thanks CS for posting the molecular structures :-)
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:57 pm

JosephineMarie - I kind of thought that was what you were driving at. Kind of a nice twist on the thread. Smile

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down