Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Maca for hypothyroid EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Maca for hypothyroid EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Maca for hypothyroid EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Maca for hypothyroid EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Maca for hypothyroid EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Maca for hypothyroid EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Maca for hypothyroid EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Maca for hypothyroid EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Maca for hypothyroid EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Maca for hypothyroid

4 posters

Go down

Maca for hypothyroid Empty Maca for hypothyroid

Post  teacup Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:02 am

Maca, an herbal root remedy can stimulate the hypothalamus and pituitary gland to better balance the entire endocrine system

Quote:

Dear Dr. Muller:

Thank you for providing Maca Root for Americans. I have Hashimoto's disease have been taking it for 10 days now. I just got the results of my yesterday's blood test. My thyroid numbers have improved already. I had a test 2 weeks ago (prior to starting on Royal Maca) and one yesterday. My T4 levels went from 3.9 to 5.0 (this was and is while being on 4 Armour Thyroid 60 mg./day). The TSH scores (pituitary) only improved slightly from .10 to .11 but it was still an improvement."

Dr. Muller Responds:

Well, I always get surprised when I see changes happening this quickly, but I shouldn't be surprised. The orginal animal tests that were done on maca show a significant change in ovarian and testicular function (infemale and male rats) in only 72 hours! Since there are clinical reports with lab tests to back them up of improvement in thyroid and adrenal function aswell, in a few days or a few weeks, it is appears that maca is working about the level of the hypothalamus/pituitary axis. However, the mechanism of action is not clear, just how this is accomplished. Having said that, I hasten to point out that everyone's thyroid problem is a little different and in addition there are great differences in the way people respond to herbs, to foods -- even to exercise. One size definitely does not fit all. Some women are experiencing a great improvement in menstrual regularity and menstrual pain and others are experiencing a tremendous increase in energy but still have irregular periods after starting to take organic whole root maca extract powder or capsules. Some women have been able to reduce the thyroid medication--they start getting symptoms of being overmedicated and consult their physicians on dosage. I got a phone call from a woman last week who after taking organic Royal Maca Extract Powder (3 caps a day) for only four days, had a TSH level so low that her physician cut her thyroid medication in half. Other women are not able to reduce their meds (based on the results of their lab tests) but experience many improvements in their hypothyroid symptoms. There is also a group of women who don't experience any significant difference taking the maca, and some of these women have contacted me too. In a majority of cases, there was evidence that they had a sluggish liver and/or bowel and needed to detoxify their liver/kidney/intestinal organs to experience a greater sense of well being and improvement in the functioning of their endocrine glands. In those cases, I suggested that they alternate taking Royal Break-Stone Tea and Royal Cat's Claw Tea.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/macaq&a.htm

Anyone here tried Maca?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Maca for hypothyroid Empty Re: Maca for hypothyroid

Post  calvicie Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:54 am

teacup wrote:Anyone here tried Maca?
Since it's native to Peru, it's abundant and cheap here, thus I've been taking it off and on for the last several years. It was originally given to me by my wife, who said I needed it for it's supposed energizing effects. I never noticed any increased energy, but then again, I'm one of those guys that never feels anything. I did notice though when taking that I'd have monster sized ejaculate loads. Is that a benefit?
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:23 am

I tried it for 8 months.

I noticed monster size loads too! Didn't notice too much difference though, maybe a better state of mind...

Surprised I lasted 8 months... couldn't stand the taste right from the get-go. That stuff tastes horrid (personally).
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:50 am

I think MACA is what thickened my hair.

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down