Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptyYesterday at 4:25 am by shaftless

» Is it possible that testosterone levels have to be kept within a strict range?
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am by Jean-Guy

» I am trying the Growband
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am by Jean-Guy

» Hydrocurc
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 am by Jean-Guy

» questions about HGH
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 am by Dudard

» The Vital Role of NAD+ and Niacin in Longevity and Well-being
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 10:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» solar eclipse on april 8
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm by Atlas

» How to increase FGF9
I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:17 am by Atlas

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal?

3 posters

Go down

I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? Empty I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal?

Post  Vikingo Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:28 am

Hi all,

I got my bloodtest back yesterday that showed a TSH value of 4.2. I have been suspecting being hypothyroid because of symptoms like cold hands/feet, hair loss, coarse and dry hair, depression, inflammation etc. I was actually on an anti drepressants 4 months ago during 5 months, and it was then that my hair loss really started.

I know that the TSH value isn't the best measure for hypothyroid, but my doctor says its "fine". During the last 4 months I have also been using Iodine (12.5 mg more or less a day, sometime over 50 mg though) and other IH supps, which really have helped a lot hair wise, but I am still felling a little depressed and have some scalp inflammation, but the hair loss has really slowed down. Could the iodine dosage have influenced my TSH value?

Also the last week I have been using l-tyrosine, which really help with the depression, but overall I still fell like I am still hypothyroid ... Is it perhaps time to ask the doctor for more tests and consider natural thyroid medicine?

I would really appriciate all answers and thoughts Smile

Vikingo

Back to top Go down

I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? Empty Re: I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal?

Post  bh2o Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:43 am

Dude I'm glad that you have tested, but you are going to need more tests in order to get a clearer picture. My experiece was one that is no news to many people with thyroid disorders. My TSH was fine, and my doctor declared my thyroid in good order. Well, many people would agreee that the TSH is not a good indicator of thyroid status. My thyroid was not in good order and futherlabs have shown me that.

Perhaps your case is different however I strongly recommend more labs. I did FT3,FT4, RT3, and antibodies. Here is great info to help you understand the thyroid and guide you in this process:

Stop The Thyroid Madness
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal? Empty Re: I have a TSH of 4.2 with hypothyroid symptoms... and doctor says its normal?

Post  Red beard Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Bh20's post is good info.

Your TSH is high, you most likely are hypo, based on the symptoms you have and an elevated TSH. Sounds like your doc will be hard to convince, read Stopthethyroidmadness.com for some good info on dealing with docs.

EDIT: Also drop the SSRI's, they most likely are making things much worse. The iodine might be making things worse as well. Im a big believer in Ray Peats ideas on thyroid but i wont comment further on that. Go ahead and read up on him for more info.

Red beard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down