Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Substitutes for minoxidil

+16
Joey
need45
orwell
Nanas
ppm
Nocturnalhorse
Yanks
RobHealthMan
Misirlou
NewReg
Petch
edci
chapat
Amaranthaceae
CausticSymmetry
tao81
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 Empty Re: Substitutes for minoxidil

Post  Joey Thu May 30, 2013 6:05 am

Used generic Minox for about 2 weeks a few years back and it caused havoc with my scalp in terms of itch so had to drop it. Recently been thinking about giving minox another go but maybe using another formula such as lipogaine. My crown has steadily got worse over the last couple of years and unfortunately my own belief is there isn't much out there at the moment in terms of a natural topical that will result in any noticeable regrowth

Joey

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Substitutes for minoxidil - Page 2 Empty Re: Substitutes for minoxidil

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:13 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:tao81 - Given this latest study, I have two different proposals on an alternative to minoxidil that does not involve antioxidants.

Curr Med Chem. 2008;15(29):3095-112.
Promotion of Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I Production by Sensory Neuron Stimulation; Molecular Mechanism(s) and Therapeutic Implications.
Okajima K, Harada N.

Department of Translational Medical Science Research, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan. whynot@med.nagoya-cu.ac.jp.

Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) plays various important roles in cellular proliferation, differentiation, survival and functions of the cell, thereby contributing to the maintenance of tissue integrity. Although it is well known that growth hormone (GH) increases serum IGF-I levels by stimulating the hepatic production, little is known about the mechanism by which local production of IGF-I in individual tissues is regulated. Stimulation of sensory neurons by capsaicin increases tissue levels of IGF-I and IGF-I mRNA in various organs via increased calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) release in mice. This sensory neuron-mediated IGF-I production contributes to reducing reperfusion-induced liver injury through prevention of apoptosis in mice. Isoflavone, a phytoestrogen, increases CGRP production by increasing its transcription in sensory neurons. Administration of capsaicin and isoflavone increases IGF-I production in hair follicles, thereby promoting hair growth in mice and in volunteers with alopecia. Topical application of capsaicin increases dermal levels of IGF-I by stimulating sensory neurons in mice and increases facial skin elasticity in humans. Plasma and tissue levels of CGRP and IGF-I in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) are lower than those in normotensive Wistar Kyoto rats (WKY), contributing to the development of hypertension, heart failure and insulin resistance in SHR. Administration of capsaicin increases CGRP and IGF-I levels in plasma, kidneys and the heart in SHR to WKY levels, and normalizes mean arterial blood pressure in SHR. Since administration of GH or IGF-I has some deleterious effects, pharmacological stimulation of sensory neurons leading to increased tissue IGF-I levels might be a novel therapeutic strategy for various pathologic conditions.

Considering that minoxidil was originally used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and that hypertensive rats have lower levels of IGF-1 & calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), the use of Cayenne topically would increase both.

Of course minoxidil works by opening of the ATP sensitive potassium channels. But what else does this? Magnesium.

Consider that Magnesium is practically void in today's foods--foods that are suppose to be loaded with it. Commercial farming is the reason.

Topical and internal Magnesium is a way to increase ATP via potassium channels. Magnesium oil or gel for topical use and Magnesium in primarily in non-oxide form for internal use.
So, CS, if I understand you correctly, If I were to make a topical of cayenne and epsom salts (which, in my understanding is magnesium sulphate), it would be a kind of minoxidil-a-like?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:27 am

I would not propose that idea. My experiences with cayenne over 20 years have not been good.

This includes topically and internally. Yes, I am aware that a very small amount can help internally. Anything more than that can produce a shed.

In recent thread I proposed how to produce similar effects to minoxidil without the sides.

It's within the last 10 posts (I do not recall which thread it was at the moment).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:58 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:I would not propose that idea. My experiences with cayenne over 20 years have not been good.

This includes topically and internally. Yes, I am aware that a very small amount can help internally. Anything more than that can produce a shed.

In recent thread I proposed how to produce similar effects to minoxidil without the sides.

It's within the last 10 posts (I do not recall which thread it was at the moment).

Hi CS, OK great, thanks for that and very good to know - the post you mention above is this one, in case anyone else is interested: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t9660-a-randomized-evaluator-blinded-study-of-effect-of-microneedling-in-androgenetic-alopecia-a-pilot-study#98901.

In your first link it appears that you are talking about 40,000 volts?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:41 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:I would not propose that idea. My experiences with cayenne over 20 years have not been good.

Hi CS

Great info! One thing though- When you say cayenne can cause a "shed" what kind of shed do you mean exactly? Please elaborate. Thanks!
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:44 pm

PS: Can you share your bad experiences that you've had with capsaicin/cayenne CS? I'd really appreciate it.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:57 am

Misirlou wrote:Reversing hair loss or just halting it requires a great deal of patience...5 weeks is not enough Smile

Hi, have you managed to halt hair loss?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:27 pm

I'm currently using thermal scalp along with other topicals

http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Greensations-ThermaScalp-Natural-Scalp-Repair-4-fl-oz-120-ml/25808/?p=1

Don't know if it's working yet, plus I'm taking supps and doing brushing + detu so it's hard to tell what does what...

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2