Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener

+8
scottyc33
Paradox
CausticSymmetry
zerx
nidhogge
Silverlin
angstman
youngbalder
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener Empty Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener

Post  youngbalder Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:36 pm

Hey guys i was on iherb.com and came across this substitution for sugar. Caustic what is your take on this. Do you think its beneficial, here is the link

http://www.iherb.com/ProductsList.aspx?cid=1598

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener Empty Re: Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener

Post  angstman Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:47 pm

the wife and I have been using stevia for quite some time, good stuff
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener Empty Re: Stevia extract replacement for sugar sweetener

Post  angstman Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:52 pm

came across this on another forum

http://safety.lovetoknow.com/Dangers_of_Stevia
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:34 pm

http://safety.lovetoknow.com/Dangers_of_Stevia
They say in high doses it causes bad sides in mice after 22months, but wouldn't suger at the same high dose cause worse sides? Nearly anything in mega doses is bad for you. And because the japs have been using it for 30 plus years with no problems it looks like a fairly safe thing to me. Then again I could be wrong, we'll just have to see what immortal has to say about it.

I almost never drink soda or have hardly anything else with sugar, but my weakness is milk chocolate every now and again, but this product below or even just mixing cocoa with stevia could fix that! Anyway stevia seems pretty awsome!
http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/chocodant.php
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Wow guys thanks for the input, espcially that sugarfree chocolate mix. Im sucker for hot chocolate so this might a good substitution.

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:41 am

Young, you know what's better than hot chocolate? Hot Mulled Beer. Pretty good for you too. Wink Go Google "how to make hot mulled beer".

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:10 am

I tried stevia once and it had a weird aftertaste that I never quite got used to. It was fine with any cold foods but as soon as I would add it to hot food/beverages it would taste funny. Actually on adding it to a hot beverage, it would be tasteless until I add a few more teaspoons but doing so also increased the bitter taste.

If there was a stevia product that I could use on any food that didnt taste so bitter I would be sold!

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:47 am

Silverlin - Awesome find here with Chocodant, I'm going to order some!

I've tried a lot of sweeteners over the years, so here is a quick review:

Stevia has many tastes depending on brand, some are bitter, others are close to perfect. This requires individual trial and error. Consuming this all the time will decrease insulin sensitivity, so that is the only downside.

Lo-han fruit, I've only tried it once, but heard some good stuff. I'll have to check it out again. Maybe someone here has tried it.

Xylitol - Looks like sugar, tastes like sugar, but has 40% less calories and has a virtual zero impact on glucose and insulin levels. It takes about 2-weeks maybe longer to get your body acclimated to digesting it, so until that time, prepare for multiple trips to the bathroom if you use a lot of it--which is a guarantee. It has a cool taste to the tongue, but other than that is just like sugar. It kills bacteria in your teeth, so it's a nice bonus.

Erythritol - It also kills bacteria around the teeth, and has a virtual zero caloric value. It's about 70% as sweet as sugar, so often, adding a little something else like stevia can sweeten it up to the right level. It doesn't have the gastrointestinal upset to the degree that Xylitol does, but it can be there if enough is consumed. Of course, no negative impact on glucose or insulin levels.

Whey Low - This is probably the very best sugar substitute. I've tried it and it's fantastic. Here's the website: http://www.wheylow.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:10 pm

IH,

I personally do not think xylitol tastes anything like sugar. I know it is a matter of personal taste...but after using NOW stevia glycerite for over a year and then trying xylitol again...I couldn't even tolerate the stuff. I have heard other people comment that they like it though, and say that it tastes like sugar. Maybe I have tried bad brands but I think it's just personal taste.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:58 am

JHarsh80 - How do you rate NOW stevia glycerite?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:00 am

This product has some pretty stellar reviews:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=861&at=1
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:06 am

IH,

It is actually the only stevia I have ever tried Smile so I have nothing to compare it to besides xylitol... but I like it. I even have my mom using it in her coffee. I use it in oatmeal mostly with sea salt and coconut oil or butter and it's pretty good. I've used it in coffee too with good results. Never in anything cold though. I would recommend it.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:15 am

I just wanted to add that I have never been let down by a NOW product. The first NOW product that I tried was their whey protein isolate (with stevia) because I was looking for a low card whey. I ordered the vanilla for years and then recently switched to the chocolate which I like better. It is ridiculously expensive on iherb, but bulknutition.com has the best deal for the 5lb container- $49 I think. Then when I started buying vitamins and other supplements I have purchased NOW and accumulated a lot of their stuff.

IH- I was taking the vitamin code multis but they were too damn expensive and pretty low dose, so I recently switched to the NOW Adam multi for men and I like it. Check it out on iherb and tell me what you think. The thing about NOW is that a lot of the time they also seem to be the cheapest which is kind of backwards but I'm not complaining!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:34 am

JHarsh80 - I agree, I really like NOW, they are high quality and they are very reasonable, often the best priced stuff in many cases.

As for the Adam product, sure the potency is higher, but the form is unlikely to be as well utilized as Vitamin Code. It is not a bad multi by any means though.

From the looks of it, it would appear to be rip off based on potency alone, but the difference on the molecular level and how the body uses this is much more powerful than the synthetic isolate.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:39 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:JHarsh80 - I agree, I really like NOW, they are high quality and they are very reasonable, often the best priced stuff in many cases.

As for the Adam product, sure the potency is higher, but the form is unlikely to be as well utilized as Vitamin Code. It is not a bad multi by any means though.

From the looks of it, it would appear to be rip off based on potency alone, but the difference on the molecular level and how the body uses this is much more powerful than the synthetic isolate.

IH,

I'm not clear if you are speculating or if you actually looked at the forms of the vitamins in the Adam one? You know more about the different types of the individual vitamins- like the different forms of the B's for example. That was why I wanted your opinion on it. I think it has some of the more bioavailable (not sure if that is the correct word for it) forms of vitamins?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:46 am

I'm with you on the vitamin code btw...as far as quantity being different than quantity. I honestly don't understand all the details of the vitamin code molecular structure and everything, but I know that it is a special process. One really expensive order I placed for my parents who take the mens and womens vitamin code...included a couple free books on the vitamin codes but that shipment went to them not me so I never read them. I do recall (if I remember correctly) that you said once that you really liked them, but you wished the dose was higher. I obviously wouldn't compare the price of the two because like you are saying- it's like apples to oranges as fas as the quality goes. I got that...I just think that for what you do get with Adam...the price is pretty good. At least that is what many people said in the iherb reviews. I take so many damn pills that even reducing the number a day by one makes a difference Wink

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:52 pm

JHarsh80 - To clarify, the Adam product by NOW is good. It's much better than most multi's on the market no doubt on that. It has two of the activated forms of B's (B6 and B12). It has a nice amount of Zinc and a mixed Magnesium--it's very good.

It only falls short if compared with the Vitamin Code.

Essentially you're getting a nice variety of vitamins and minerals including some that are not often found--which should be, such as Vanadium and Boron.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:14 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:JHarsh80 - I agree, I really like NOW, they are high quality and they are very reasonable, often the best priced stuff in many cases.

What do you mean when you say "the difference on the molecular level"?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:14 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:JHarsh80 - To clarify, the Adam product by NOW is good. It's much better than most multi's on the market no doubt on that. It has two of the activated forms of B's (B6 and B12). It has a nice amount of Zinc and a mixed Magnesium--it's very good.

It only falls short if compared with the Vitamin Code.

Essentially you're getting a nice variety of vitamins and minerals including some that are not often found--which should be, such as Vanadium and Boron.

Thanks IH, I appreciate it!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:39 am

IH I looked into wheylow and it seems like a great product. I also tried looking for cheaper alternatives on iHerb. I came across this:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=7762&at=0

The description talks about how fructose is fruit sugar, how its sweeter than regular sugar, and it also having 50% less calories for a similar serving of sugar.

I also saw where they mention that "fructose is now produced from corn syrup" and immediately I remembered the High Fructose Corn Syrup that Ive been avoiding for about 3 years now.
IH how is this NOW Foods product different than HFCS and is wheylow similar to this as well?

Thanks

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:56 am

zerx - I'm not a 100% certain, but this maybe HFCS. A very interesting documentary to check out is King Corn, it's entirely about HFCS and corn production.

There is a plus and a minus about Fructose used as a sweetener.

First the bad news: This is primarily metabolized through the liver, so any of the energy not used up via activity can contribute to a fatty liver and eventually contribute to poor glucose metabolism.

The good news, is that unlike sugar, it will have a very minimal impact on glucose and insulin levels. It's much more favorable to hair.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:15 am

Many more minuseseseses :-) Increased AGEs and cardiovascular disease come to mind.

Role of fructose in glycation and cross-linking of proteins

Increased taurine with fructose consumption may help some for your skin, but I would not choose fructose for a sweetner.

How safe is fructose for persons with or without diabetes?
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:40 pm

What about agave'? Does that spike blood sugar or have any side associated with it? Trader Joes is now selling it alongside honey in their stores.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 am

Should honey be avoided?

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:37 pm

NewReg - Agave should be avoided, it's actually worse than HFCS.

KAPTUNKRUNK - Honey is fine, especially if it's completely raw, because it is actually predigested.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next