Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
My vegetarian friends have great hair EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My vegetarian friends have great hair

+8
sc871
Hoppipolla
Delphine
rstream
act
phoenix21
LeBrianJones
zanza
12 posters

Go down

My vegetarian friends have great hair Empty My vegetarian friends have great hair

Post  zanza Sun May 22, 2011 12:46 am

and my meat eating friends tend to many show some balding ... ?

zanza

Back to top Go down

My vegetarian friends have great hair Empty Re: My vegetarian friends have great hair

Post  LeBrianJones Sun May 22, 2011 1:27 am

My entire family is vegetarian and all 6 of us have shit hair. Granted, we also have a lot of thyroid problems.

LeBrianJones

Back to top Go down

My vegetarian friends have great hair Empty Re: My vegetarian friends have great hair

Post  phoenix21 Sun May 22, 2011 3:30 am

Seen good and bad hair on both sides. Some seem to do really well on a vegetarian type diet, others, not so much. It might be that there are some vegetarians who also pay closer attention to total health, and also eat lots of raw, organic foods and much less processed food as well. When you categorize meat eaters as a whole, you also have to include people who eat tons of junk and live poor lifestyles as well. Not that there arent plenty of vegetarians who dont do this too, im sure there are.

My point is that I think that if you took all vegetarians and put them into a group, and then took people who eat meat(at any quantity) and put them into a group, you might find the vegetarians having higher ratios of people who are concerned with their total health. This is pure speculation on my part.

I for one, would do poorly on a vegetarian type diet. Whenever I go without eating meat for a length of time, even a day, my body seems to crave it. I also tend to lose mass very quickly when I dont get enough protein in general. (Its harder to get enough complete protein on a vegetarian type diet.)

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sun May 22, 2011 4:08 am

It's all about finding out where you fit in, some do better on more carbs and some on less, I know plenty of balding vegetarians and Vegans, and plenty of junk food diet lifestyles with great hair.

Trucker I got a ride with was sixty, super overweight, and ate meat and bread like a lion, but had great hair for all that. Definitely not as simple as just eating a certain way.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sun May 22, 2011 6:50 am

Yes. I would most definitely agree that not everyone has the same carb tolerances. To top it off, diet may be but a small piece of the puzzle for some.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  rstream Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 am

Forget it, unfortunately baldness is genetic. I'm 28, have been a vegetarian for 9 years, and I am completely going bald. The influence that a good diet has is almost null if you are genetically determined to lose your hair. So forget it, if your father and uncles are bald, you will probably get bald too (vegetarianism won't save you).

The solutions are finasteride or a haird transplant.

rstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:37 am

I don't buy the genetics argument.

Case in point, I'm a baby boomer, and my 4 siblings, all younger than myself (although not by much) have all gone gray, almost white. I've kept my natural dark brown locks. I'm the only one interested in diet, supplements, yoga, natural health in general.

Then there's the power of (visual) suggestion. People see their parents' baldness etc. and subconsciously they expect the same will happen to them. Never underestimate the power of belief and expectation.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:42 am

I like veganism Smile

I think that done right, a vegan diet is much kinder on the digestive tract, however I'm not convinced whether grains in particular are a good choice.

To my mind, raw veganism is where it's at Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 am

I've worked with the raw vegan community and have observed that they often have a lot of dental and other issues down the line.

See this perhaps:
http://www.curetoothdecay.com/Tooth_Decay/fat-soluble-vitamins-tooth-decay.htm

I had a lot of decay myself when I was eating vegan and avoiding animal fats. Sad
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Vegan no, were we ever vegans?

Recently I found a "rawish" diet, as I call it. Keep up on the proteins and make sure you get enough veggies and fruits in raw form, stay away from man made food. It can be tough but not really its not, sometimes you have have to press those around you..

sc871

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:15 pm

define man made food though HFCS would fit this, but milk for example would be natural but we pasteurize and homogenize it and add rgbh and give the cows drugs so not natural anymore.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:41 pm

actIt's all about finding out where you fit in
Through nutritional typing?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  rstream Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Delphine wrote:I don't buy the genetics argument.

Case in point, I'm a baby boomer, and my 4 siblings, all younger than myself (although not by much) have all gone gray, almost white. I've kept my natural dark brown locks. I'm the only one interested in diet, supplements, yoga, natural health in general.

Then there's the power of (visual) suggestion. People see their parents' baldness etc. and subconsciously they expect the same will happen to them. Never underestimate the power of belief and expectation.

The difference here is that baldness is mainly caused by alopecia, which is a disease that you receive (or not) from your parents; if you have alopecia, you might even have the healthiest lifestyle - it won't prevent you from going bald. I'm saying this with all the frankness so people don't feel bad with theirselves about losing their hair, I'm learning to accept it myself.

About the "power of belief and expectation", come one... we are in the XXI century, we have logical explanations for these type of phenomena.

rstream

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:42 am

rstream wrote:
Delphine wrote:I don't buy the genetics argument.

The difference here is that baldness is mainly caused by alopecia, which is a disease that you receive (or not) from your parents; if you have alopecia, you might even have the healthiest lifestyle - it won't prevent you from going bald. I'm saying this with all the frankness so people don't feel bad with theirselves about losing their hair, I'm learning to accept it myself.

About the "power of belief and expectation", come one... we are in the XXI century, we have logical explanations for these type of phenomena.

Don't underestimate the power of the mind to overcome physical obstacles. I know a woman who was able to cure a brain aneurysm and undergo cataract surgery without anasthesia - by utliizing only MEDITATION.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:55 am

And what should that have to do with mind. One could also say that one's body becomes more aware, receptive and energetic to heal itself better.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 am

You can't really separate the mind and the body. Heard of the placebo effect?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down