Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
IH, regarding Protease EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
IH, regarding Protease EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
IH, regarding Protease EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
IH, regarding Protease EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
IH, regarding Protease EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
IH, regarding Protease EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
IH, regarding Protease EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
IH, regarding Protease EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
IH, regarding Protease EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

IH, regarding Protease

+3
lund
rossman
Amaranthaceae
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IH, regarding Protease Empty IH, regarding Protease

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Would this supp from Now foods be a good choice?

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=726&at=0

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

IH, regarding Protease Empty Re: IH, regarding Protease

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:08 pm

I would be interested in hearing more about digestive enzymes like protease and inflammation!

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

IH, regarding Protease Empty IH, regarding Protease

Post  rossman Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:52 pm

Cipio - Try this link for info on proteolytic (systemic) enzymes. I personally take serrapeptase and when I'm on high doses (i.e. 12 / day), I have absolutely no scalp itch/irritation/inflamation. I believe its got to due with a suppression of an autoimmune response. It's what IH said "proteolytic enzymes inhibit TGF-beta very well". I also believe this because of the information I've researched and personal experience. As far as scalp irritation, I've tried everything (i.e. experimenting with topical such as Emu oil, coconut oil, seabuckhorn oil, nizoral, spiro, not shampooing as much, diet changes, various supplements and dosages etc..). However, when I take high doses of serrapeptase no itch, zero! I stumbled onto serrapeptase through researching cardiovascular disease. When you research it's unbelieveable how one thing leads to another and then you come around full circle and realize how everything in the body really is connected.

http://www.drwongradio.com/

many informative lectures on this website and scroll down to these lectures:

Systemic Enzymes Final: November 19, 2007 (MP3: 13.8 MB: 30:13 minutes)
In this episode of The Essentials of Life and Wellness, Dr. Wong Finalizes his discussion of his favorite topic, Systemic Enzymes and how they can help with so many of today's health ailments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Systemic Enzymes Continued: November 13, 2007 (MP3: 14.1 MB: 30:47 minutes)
In this episode of The Essentials of Life and Wellness, Dr. Wong Continues his discussion of his favorite topic, Systemic Enzymes and how they can help with so many of today's health ailments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Systemic Enzymes: November 5, 2007 (MP3: 13.8 MB: 30:02 minutes)
In this episode of The Essentials of Life and Wellness, Dr. Wong discusses his favorite topic, Systemic Enzymes and how they can help with so many of today's health ailments.

Prague was big on this guy, that's how I stumbled onto him.

rossman

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:07 am

rosmann I totally agree with what you are saying, could you post a link to the specific enzyme supplement you are currently using? I purchase mostly from Iherb!

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 am

I take serrapeptase as well - so far so good.

DOctor's best from iHerb.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  rossman Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:38 am

Lund's got the right one, here's the link!

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=4467&at=0

Read the reviews there are a lot. I gave it a real test when I injured my shoulder playing hockey and it was killing me. So I mega dosed on this stuff and within 4 - 5 days no more pain. That's how I know it's definitely a great anti-inflamatory and that's how I related it to my scalp with less itch/irritatio/inflamation. It gradually fadded away each day, which in the past this kind of injury would have lasted a long time (i.e. months) believe me, I've had it before. I haven't even had a chance to re-order for the last two weeks and my shoulder still hasn't bothered me. I was even able to continue my workouts, however a little less intense while still having soreness in my shoulder. Every workout uses your shoulder's, except for legs, unless you do squats.

rossman

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:12 am

I somehow like to trust (now this is something new for me as well, do not laugh) Dr. Napier - and he has used this in his protocol, that's how I latched onto it - I have been using this for a month or so, daily one 40K U dose and it seem to help in general terms. Not sure of any specific response yet, however; if the idea is that it can help the arteries against constriction, it should be useful. So there are benefits all around (if this works).

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:04 am

Cpio - That stuff is good, go for it.

rossman - Last year I was surprised at the sheer number of anecdotal info on Serrapeptase, so I took a lot of it for a while. However I used Serrazymes from Swanson's, so don't know if there's a difference. Thanks for the link too!

One thing that is always interesting about proteolytic enzymes is they breakdown the placenta before it grows out of control (like a cancer). The pancreas is the first organ that is functional in the human body, and so naturally through age, this declines.

In integrative medicine we use proteolytic enzymes for arthritis very frequently.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  rossman Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:12 pm

IH - I never heard of serrazymes, but this does make sense "using proteolytic enzymes for arthritis". I've been meaning to make a post on autoimmune disease and how I truly feel it is the underlying cause of hairloss. I could write pages on this, but autoimmune disease can take on some many different forms arthritis, colitis, diabetes, hypothyroid, hyperthroid, MS, Parkinsons, fibromyalgia, psoriasis, alzhheimers, parasites, alopecia universalis etc all inflammatory diseases. What's the cause, well you said that there are so many environmental insults on the body that were not even aware of (cleaning products, plastics, fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, lotions, solvents, pasterized milk / dairy, hormones in meat products, GMO food, greenhouse vegetables, high frutose corn syrup, sugar, lack of iodine in diet, poor diets, lack of nutrition, anti-biotics, vaccinations, high stress life style of today vs 50 years ago 2 sources of income etc..). I think it is overwhelming the immune system. Take autism, is it caused soley from vaccinations or from toxic overload on an already compromised immune system. Whatever it is 1 in 150 kids are autistic (autism takes on so many forms also). There are over 80 different disease attributed to autoimmune disease. That's why I believe some people have success in growing hair with either the use of topicals, vitamins, trace minerals, probiotics, lasers, thyroid medication, blood thinners etc. I think the key is to reducing or eliminate whatever form of inflammation in the body is causing our immune system to attack itself, whether it be from a combination of pysiological, environmental or mental state of mind. Whatever, that's why hairloss is so difficult to deal with, is because there are so many different avenues to try and address. We've got to start a post on this with everyones help in trying to shine some light on this complex subject.

rossman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:23 pm

rossman - serrazymes are a product offered from Swansons' and are cheaper but comparable to serrapeptase.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU325/ItemDetail?n=4294967187

I agree, using the term autoimmune fits quite well with hair loss, particularly with respect to inflammation and all that accompanies it.

Vitamin D deficiency is strongly associated with all autoimmune diseases. Also many autoimmune diseases are also strongly correlated with metal toxicity as well.

Essentially in part "modern medicine" and the refined food industry has greatly contributed to all this. And as you pointed out, use of various chemicals that pollute every aspect of our lives.

When I was a kid I saw this movie called, "The Incredible Shrinking Women." Maybe it had an impression me, all these cleaning products were used, the typical variety of chemicals one finds at the supermarket, and they were the cause of this women shrinking.

Anyway, getting back on track, I have seen autism reversed, and I have seen Multiple Sclerosis reversed. How? Increasing Vitamin D and using long term heavy metal detoxification protocols. Diet changes also play a serious role too.

I should mention a lot of disease are also progressed by endocrine disruption (Bisphenol-A, xenoestrogens, etc.), Omega-3 to Omega-6 imbalances, mineral deficiencies (I'm sure I forgot something).
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Yes, I forgot the fibrin factor. Plasmin eats away at fibrin, and as we age our blood begins to sludge. Our blood thickens and damages the inner lining of our blood vessels. Fortunately Ecklonia Cava is one of the most powerful inhibitors of antiplasmin (promotes plasmin activity), and it does so remarkably better than nattokinase, an enzyme found very adept at breaking down excess fibrin.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:30 pm

IH this effect of EC that you mention is it different from other bloodthinners like fish oils, curcumin, garlic etc.?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  rossman Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:54 am

IH - thank you for the tip regarding ecklonia cava being far more superior to nattokinase regarding the antiplasmin inhibitor. I was just about to order nattokinase to perform a maintenance flush for any possible fibrin buildup. I didn't know that ecklonia did the same thing among the many other benefits it has. I've got anti-inflammatory program, that both my kids are now on vitamin D3 supplementation among others. I try to limit their exposure to the onslot of environmental toxins. Very difficult to due when trying to convince your wife and family members about what is truly healthy and what is not. I'm no expert by any means, but I do feel that I've learned a great deal being on these forums and researching health (i.e. one thing always leads to another). I try and keep it simple (i.e. no pasturized dairy, no vaccines, no anti-biotics, gut health, limit sugar, gluten & casein free wherever, omega's, coconut oil, raw honey, D3, green houshold products etc..). I find that when you challenge a medical doctors opinions WOW you get an incredible amount of backlash. Your up against a fear factor that is very powerful. Great article below on what describes this kind of mentallity that I believe 80% of the population believes. People have become so ignorant and forgot how to think for themselves. I sometimes find myself thinking if this is the dumbing down of society affect from vaccines, flouride, amalgams etc..don't know how to explain it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2001/08/15/perception.aspx

rossman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:04 am

cpio - Ecklonia does prevent a release of inflammatory prostaglandins, which Curcumin and Fish oil do, but through a different step in the pathway, but through other ways too.

Primarily it blocks the inhibitors of plasmin. Plasmin is a protein that dissolves clots, and anywhere injury occurs, clotting occurs. If we have inflammation, insulin resistance, bad diet, high omega-6 fatty acids in our diet high blood pressure, heavy metals or other insults, there will be excess injury and clotting, and less plasmin. Our blood will become thicker and thicker, creating additional damage. Many of the previous conditions literally inhibit plasmin and so people are "genetically" prone to having very little plasmin. These factors are the inhibitors (called antiplasmin) of this protein.

Essentially Ecklonia Cava reduces fibrinogen levels.

Another way that it keeps blood flowing better is a natural reduction in ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme). Additionally it protects the inner lining of blood vessels (endothelial tissue) from oxidation at levels estimated to be light years above green tea polyphenols. The ORAC value is about 8,300.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:11 am

rossman - That's a great article. It's frightening and makes perfect sense to explain all the spin in magazines and perception shaping. It's a war between advertising propaganda and people subconsciousness mindset.

Has anyone seen that movie called "Idiocracy" that came out in '06? This movie is a comedy but in an exaggerated form it represents today's society, but makes it so blatantly obvious it is hard to ignore.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:55 am

Good article rossman.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Rossman - you mentioned you try to promote a casein free diet. I have been curious about this because I remember it being associated with gluten - which is obviously not a beneficial thing for you - but I havent read anything about why Casein itself is bad.

So I ask you, how is casien bad? I remember taking Casein protein powder (which was Micellar Casein & Calcium Caseinate combined I believe) back when I was really into lifting weights. I dont remember it making me feel bad - quite the opposite I remember it leaving me full for hours. Anyone who knows about this feel free to chime in!

Project: JS

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:33 pm

Good article Rossman.. the implications of how mindless our society is becoming are truly scary!

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:54 am

JS--

I've taken Micellular and Calcium Caseinate, and essentially, it forms a "gel" in your stomach. This degrades over many hours, which is what makes it a time-release protein, and why you get a full feeling from eating it. No idea if it's bad for you or not though.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:24 am

Yes Nid Im hopeing that by itself - as a protein supplement casein is not bad for you because I actually really liked the stuff.. slow releasing protein is ideal for situations where you cant eat (or mix up protein powder) for hours and hours. I havent really seen anything that says its bad for you and I just did a little google search yesterday.. hopefully Rossman can explain

Back to top Go down

Post  rossman Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:43 am

Project JS asked:

Rossman - you mentioned you try to promote a casein free diet. I have been curious about this because I remember it being associated with gluten - which is obviously not a beneficial thing for you - but I havent read anything about why Casein itself is bad.

So I ask you, how is casien bad? I remember taking Casein protein powder (which was Micellar Casein & Calcium Caseinate combined I believe) back when I was really into lifting weights. I dont remember it making me feel bad - quite the opposite I remember it leaving me full for hours. Anyone who knows about this feel free to chime in!

I try as much as possible to restrict food containing casein to my kids. My kids are not autistic, however with it being an epidemic and the #1 neurological disorder in North America, I'm trying to be as pro-active as possible. My wife is lactose intolerant, so I don't want to take a chance with my kids. If my kids do eat casein containing foods (i.e. milk, cheese etc..), I try and give them homemade cheese made from raw milk that me and my dad make or organic milk. I would give them the raw milk, but the local farmer dosen't advise it yet, because he said their too young. I thought raw milk was easily digestable and they are eating the raw milk made cheese. I'll have to ask him why he said that. I give my kid kefir also (i.e. fermentation of kefir breaks down the lactose sugar, so that it's more easily digestable even for lactose intolerant people), along with so many other benefits. See following link about casein and kefir.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/07/05/pasteurized-milk-part-four.aspx

http://danmahony.com/bigfood2.htm

If you haven't tried kefir, I highly recommend it over any probiotic. You can actually see the difference when taking it for a few days (i.e. very regular stools). Very underestimated and it's considered a superfood, which is cheap and easy to make.

rossman

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:37 am

Rossman--

I'm very proud of the way that you're taking care of your kids--they're going to be strong and healthy, no doubt. Not that my being proud should mean anything to you, but you are ideally what I would want to be as a father. I may bug you for more kefir info. now that I have time to produce it. Smile

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  rossman Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:52 am

nidhogge - thank you for your kind words. I have to give credit to many of the posters on this forum and other forums, who bring their knowledge and more importantly, their experience to light. I've said this before, but when you research one thing it will always lead to other things. I had two great role models in my parents. They always thought of their kids first before they did anything. How could you not, I don't know how anyone could sleep at night if they didn't care for their kids. Unfortunately, there are parents like that, who think about themselves first and let their kids fend for themselves. I knew a guy who told me that "If you care, its work", so true. Nihoggee, just reserve me a couple of the TGF, when you order and I'm definitely going to have you make me a helmet once your caught up. Thanks again!!!

rossman

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:56 am

You're absolutely right man--caring is work, and parenting itself is a full-time job. Far too many parents are letting television and fast food raise their children, essentially creating herds of unhealthy sheep. It always starts with your parents--from yours, to theirs, and so forth. I'll hopefully be caught up within a few weeks with these helmets, can't wait. Smile

And, no problem on the HGF, just trying to figure out what I'll be ordering from Caragen, how much of it, pricing, etc.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Thank you for the update on casein Rossman.. looks like Im gonna have to do more research on that one before I order another container of casein protein powder.

I second Nid.. good man looking after your kids health the way you are. One can never be too careful these days, and goodness knows we cant count on the government to protect our health.. at least now were aware of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next