Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Why do I still get acne? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Why do I still get acne? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Why do I still get acne? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why do I still get acne? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Why do I still get acne? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why do I still get acne? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Why do I still get acne? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why do I still get acne? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why do I still get acne? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why do I still get acne?

+6
nidhogge
AboDi
CausticSymmetry
fredounet
Tron
abc123
10 posters

Go down

Why do I still get acne? Empty Why do I still get acne?

Post  abc123 Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Interested in some opinions on this:

I'm 22. Halted hair loss this year, sitting around norwood 3. Nothing I've done so far has helped with acne at all. I don't get a lot of acne but every couple of weeks I'll get some nasty, one-off, cystic nodules. I eat paleo style + rice currently. I've tried every diet under the sun and I don't find any correlation between diet an acne.

Regiment:
Resv/Curcumin- this helped me with sebum
EC
lipoic acid
Chelated with humifulvate, mcp for 2 months, didn't notice anything acne wise.
kefir

Thanks.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Why do I still get acne? Empty Re: Why do I still get acne?

Post  Tron Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 pm

abc, for what's it worth:

I do not have a theory or so why your diet change didn't help with acne, but what really helped me to strongly reduce acne, is to stop taking any dairy foods (but you eat paleo-style, so you probably already did). More important, I started taking supplements with high level of vitamine b, like B50 or B75. Cheap and widely available. Actually this last one really did the job for me. Found out by coincidence, but really was a life-changer...

Good luck!

Tron

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:54 pm

abc,

I don't know if it is for you, you don't seem to have acne.

My back acne is gone since I dropped gluten and dairy, a while back now.

CS talked about lactoferrin.

But if I had bad persistant acne I would do a good test, since it is known to be something wrong in the gut.

Sometime, taking supps without knowing what is wrong is like shooting blindly.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:28 am

abc123 - Vitamin D and/or Krill Oil might be your missing link.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AboDi Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:14 am

one of you choices is Accutane , Do not take that choice

also , could you clarify what u think helped you most in your hairloss ?

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:35 pm

abc123--

Two things in your post that stuck out to me:

"I'm 22."

"I've tried every diet under the sun"

To give a diet a fair chance to do its work, I would generally give about 6 months or so. At the age of 22, I'm guessing that if you've been cycling through a bunch of diets, that you've been jumping from diet to diet looking for a magic bullet. If you have the patience, and stick with a good one, I bet your body will have a chance to do its thing and correct itself.

Avoid DAIRY, avoid MEAT that is not grass-fed. Those hormones/antibiotic found in typical meat will carry right through to your own hormone levels, and contribute to the outbreaks. Meanwhile, try to use something like Seabuckthorn Oil on your face (massaged in prior to bed, and left on overnight), and organic soaps. Seabuckthorn Oil probably make your situation worse before it gets better, as it'll cause massive die-off of the demodex parasites that reside within your skin pores. But, in the end, the result will be much better skin. Iodine, actually, would be even more effective--it scabs up stuff real quick; great for getting rid of lesions, acne, etc. (personal experience speaking)

As CS mentioned, Krill Oil and Vitamin D are great options, and we actually have Krill Oil available in the Immortal Hair supplement line as an option! Good luck!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Sat May 07, 2011 7:29 am

abc - i was similar but there has to be a connection between what you are eating. I unfortunately am in a situation where eating paleo stops my hair loss but gives me acne and vice versa with eating like a vegan. I would suggest like nid that you cut out dairy and certain meat (ie no minced beef, dont fry anything! - even though im sure you know that from this site). have skinless chicken breast (eat wit avocado or other good fat source - important!) and if you are having eggs, have them boiled or raw only. However for me and perhaps for you nuts were huge. Cut out all nuts and seeds for a few days and see how you get on. If acne stops then reintroduce certain nuts (almonds are best). Most definately the biggest giver of acne for me was oils - any oils even cold pressed quality olive oils. Have some avocados instead. If you are cooking fish, bake in an oven at low temperatures for about 15 mins only.

These dietary changes have helped me enormously and i am close to finding a balance between my acne and hair loss.
However I believe that my poor fat metabolism must be down to some sort of a fatty liver problem from awful amounts of fast food and trans fatty acids as a teenager. I want to do this soon:

http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/

I know jdp did it before and so has hoppi but im not sure if either had acne problems....
Im sure you know most of this but honestly keep fiddling around and you will find it. I would never have known it was the smidgeon of olive oil i was using on my salad everyday were it not for this site, experimentation and a great book by Udo Erasmus.

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat May 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Every once in a while I'll pig out on Carl's Junior Low Carb burgers. I don't know whether its the antibiotic filled meat or the fact the these burgers are sitting in a puddle of liquid shimmering with grease reused throughout the day or the times I forget to pass on the ketchup (which is 1/2 sugar), but I notice I get acne around the side of my head near my temples after a couple of days and it takes a week or so on my diet for the acne to go away.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat May 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Acne (and dandruff) is all related to a less than optimal gut state. Skewed immune function or deficiency (SIgA for instance).

Bad flora is causing inflammation all over the body, increasing permeability and messing with hormone metabolism, more cells exist producing undesirable chemicals, etc. This is from years of unhealthy eating and habits. Over time you can change this state with diet (critical), probiotics (specific ones) and supplements.

So if you still have acne maybe your diet isn't really too perfect, and/or it seems you still have things to fix. You might be getting silent inflammation from foods like milk (hell, even kefir!).

Like CS said, Krill Oil (or eating real fish) and Vit D will help, but the source of the problem is other.

I could talk way more about this, like many times before... but I guess people is not convinced of this gut skin connetion despite the evidence.

BTW Curcumin plus resveratrol is a good combo... they quench inflammation plus promote good strains in the gut.

http://www.gutpathogens.com/content/3/1/1

Last edited by LittleFighter on Sat May 07, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat May 07, 2011 1:33 pm

lambyjay wrote:abc - i was similar but there has to be a connection between what you are eating. I unfortunately am in a situation where eating paleo stops my hair loss but gives me acne and vice versa with eating like a vegan. I would suggest like nid that you cut out dairy and certain meat (ie no minced beef, dont fry anything! - even though im sure you know that from this site). have skinless chicken breast (eat wit avocado or other good fat source - important!) and if you are having eggs, have them boiled or raw only. However for me and perhaps for you nuts were huge. Cut out all nuts and seeds for a few days and see how you get on. If acne stops then reintroduce certain nuts (almonds are best). Most definately the biggest giver of acne for me was oils - any oils even cold pressed quality olive oils. Have some avocados instead. If you are cooking fish, bake in an oven at low temperatures for about 15 mins only.

These dietary changes have helped me enormously and i am close to finding a balance between my acne and hair loss.
However I believe that my poor fat metabolism must be down to some sort of a fatty liver problem from awful amounts of fast food and trans fatty acids as a teenager. I want to do this soon:

I know jdp did it before and so has hoppi but im not sure if either had acne problems....
Im sure you know most of this but honestly keep fiddling around and you will find it. I would never have known it was the smidgeon of olive oil i was using on my salad everyday were it not for this site, experimentation and a great book by Udo Erasmus.

lambjay if you are paleo, you might need more omega-3's, vitamin a, vitamin d... that is often what is needed to balance things and reduce inflammation IMHO.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Sat May 07, 2011 2:37 pm

I think there's an inverse relationship between serum concentrations of vitamin A and sebum production. Foods rich in vitamin A like carrots, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables should provide sufficient dietary amounts.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat May 07, 2011 3:14 pm

mphatesmpb wrote:I think there's an inverse relationship between serum concentrations of vitamin A and sebum production. Foods rich in vitamin A like carrots, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables should provide sufficient dietary amounts.

Vegetarian sources?

I would rely more on animal foods instead. Besides those foods only provide precursors.

Some research points that some people are poor converters, due to genetics, thyroid function, etc.

More importantly, Vitamin A is essential for mucosal immunity. So megadoses of Vitamin D might not be the best thing (blocks Vitamin A and in consequence Vitamin D becomes less safe). A combination and in balance (throw in K2 too) is the best way to go. I posted a few articles in this regards by M. Ash some time ago... but oh well.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat May 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Tron wrote:abc, for what's it worth:

I do not have a theory or so why your diet change didn't help with acne, but what really helped me to strongly reduce acne, is to stop taking any dairy foods (but you eat paleo-style, so you probably already did). More important, I started taking supplements with high level of vitamine b, like B50 or B75. Cheap and widely available. Actually this last one really did the job for me. Found out by coincidence, but really was a life-changer...

Good luck!

Thanks

fredounet wrote:abc,

I don't know if it is for you, you don't seem to have acne.

My back acne is gone since I dropped gluten and dairy, a while back now.

CS talked about lactoferrin.

But if I had bad persistant acne I would do a good test, since it is known to be something wrong in the gut.

Sometime, taking supps without knowing what is wrong is like shooting blindly.

Thanks

CausticSymmetry wrote:abc123 - Vitamin D and/or Krill Oil might be your missing link.

I tanned more than the entire cast of The Jersey Shore combined this summer, I think I'll be at 150 ng/ml for the next 10 years, LOL. Looking into the krill oil.

Thanks CS

AboDi wrote:one of you choices is Accutane , Do not take that choice

also , could you clarify what u think helped you most in your hairloss ?

Not worth taking accutane. My skin is really good, just occasionally get this stupidly big cyst nodules.

For hairloss (in this order)
1. Stress managment
2. Diet
3. Sups

nidhogge wrote:abc123--

Two things in your post that stuck out to me:

"I'm 22."

"I've tried every diet under the sun"

To give a diet a fair chance to do its work, I would generally give about 6 months or so. At the age of 22, I'm guessing that if you've been cycling through a bunch of diets, that you've been jumping from diet to diet looking for a magic bullet. If you have the patience, and stick with a good one, I bet your body will have a chance to do its thing and correct itself.

Avoid DAIRY, avoid MEAT that is not grass-fed. Those hormones/antibiotic found in typical meat will carry right through to your own hormone levels, and contribute to the outbreaks. Meanwhile, try to use something like Seabuckthorn Oil on your face (massaged in prior to bed, and left on overnight), and organic soaps. Seabuckthorn Oil probably make your situation worse before it gets better, as it'll cause massive die-off of the demodex parasites that reside within your skin pores. But, in the end, the result will be much better skin. Iodine, actually, would be even more effective--it scabs up stuff real quick; great for getting rid of lesions, acne, etc. (personal experience speaking)

As CS mentioned, Krill Oil and Vitamin D are great options, and we actually have Krill Oil available in the Immortal Hair supplement line as an option! Good luck!

Thank you for this long post.

You are right, I have been methodically cycling through diets since age 17. I didn't want this thread to become about diet because I feel I've already determined what works best for me.

Completely agree about diary and meat that is raised on corn and has been exposed to hormones and antibiotics. Luckily I live in a country where all animals are raised on grass and it's against the law to use hormones/antibiotics.

Will look into Seabuckthorn Oil as topical.

Thanks.

lambyjay wrote:abc - i was similar but there has to be a connection between what you are eating. I unfortunately am in a situation where eating paleo stops my hair loss but gives me acne and vice versa with eating like a vegan. I would suggest like nid that you cut out dairy and certain meat (ie no minced beef, dont fry anything! - even though im sure you know that from this site). have skinless chicken breast (eat wit avocado or other good fat source - important!) and if you are having eggs, have them boiled or raw only. However for me and perhaps for you nuts were huge. Cut out all nuts and seeds for a few days and see how you get on. If acne stops then reintroduce certain nuts (almonds are best). Most definately the biggest giver of acne for me was oils - any oils even cold pressed quality olive oils. Have some avocados instead. If you are cooking fish, bake in an oven at low temperatures for about 15 mins only.

Thanks.

If you are worried about fatty liver I suggest whey, curcumin, silymarin, lipoic acid, combined with a strong diet and weight loss plan.

Good luck.

tonyj wrote:Every once in a while I'll pig out on Carl's Junior Low Carb burgers. I don't know whether its the antibiotic filled meat or the fact the these burgers are sitting in a puddle of liquid shimmering with grease reused throughout the day or the times I forget to pass on the ketchup (which is 1/2 sugar), but I notice I get acne around the side of my head near my temples after a couple of days and it takes a week or so on my diet for the acne to go away.

Lol that sounds gross.

Thanks

LittleFighter wrote:Acne (and dandruff) is all related to a less than optimal gut state. Skewed immune function or deficiency (SIgA for instance).

Bad flora is causing inflammation all over the body, increasing permeability and messing with hormone metabolism, more cells exist producing undesirable chemicals, etc. This is from years of unhealthy eating and habits. Over time you can change this state with diet (critical), probiotics (specific ones) and supplements.

So if you still have acne maybe your diet isn't really too perfect, and/or it seems you still have things to fix. You might be getting silent inflammation from foods like milk (hell, even kefir!).

Like CS said, Krill Oil (or eating real fish) and Vit D will help, but the source of the problem is other.

I could talk way more about this, like many times before... but I guess people is not convinced of this gut skin connetion despite the evidence.

BTW Curcumin plus resveratrol is a good combo... they quench inflammation plus promote good strains in the gut.

http://www.gutpathogens.com/content/3/1/1

Couldn't agree more with this post.

I tried the Gaps diet for three months before eventually switching to the perfect health diet with some small tweaks in macro nutrient ratios due to weight lifting. I am getting much better results. I do think its highly important that one doesn't develop orthorexia or psychosomatic problems from trying to find what works out best for them. There is some pretty ridiculous, non science based stuff floating around the web.

Let me be clear, my skin right now is absolutely spotless, soft, and vibrant. My main problem is cystic acne that pops up every once in a while. If it were normal acne I couldn't care less, but because its cystic it takes longer to heal, gets more inflamed, and is more painful.

Thanks

mphatesmpb wrote:I think there's an inverse relationship between serum concentrations of vitamin A and sebum production. Foods rich in vitamin A like carrots, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables should provide sufficient dietary amounts.

I eat lots of liver and those foods actually.

Thanks

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat May 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks everyone.

Skin has been really good since I posted this, after I made some tweaks in my regiment.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down