Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What to do for Acne? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What to do for Acne? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What to do for Acne? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What to do for Acne? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What to do for Acne? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What to do for Acne? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What to do for Acne? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What to do for Acne? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What to do for Acne? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What to do for Acne?

+11
Biffy
irfoc
CausticSymmetry
salty
scottyc33
Oker
Balthier
lamka
fadero
Diffusing
15 posters

Go down

What to do for Acne? Empty What to do for Acne?

Post  Diffusing Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Okay so i've been at this for a few years now. I've 100% cured my diffusing hairloss, which was actually pretty easy, it seems like i had a zinc deficiency.

But my acne has persisted, nothing seems to change it. I have big lesions on my face dripping white puss. Its pretty nasty. I don't have to many active spots (2-4), but they are big and leave scars for 6 months to a year. So the accumulation of acne and acne scars cover my cheeks. My acne also seem to form geometric shapes such as straight lines and circles.

I've tried brewers yeast, lactoferrin, all different kinds of probiotics (even making my own), stopped masturbating, zinc, selenium, changed my diet (no milk products or simple carbs), omege 3's, vitamin A, vitamin D, Drinking apple cider vinegar, Topically applying apple cider vinegar.

i have a history of past antibiotic use as well as one course of Accutane. (which did nothing.)

I'm seriously at a loss for what to try next or where i should go from here.

any advice from people who have successfully won the battle with acne would be very appreciated.

Diffusing

Back to top Go down

What to do for Acne? Empty Re: What to do for Acne?

Post  fadero Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:44 am

Probably not good for you, I'm 57 and have had acne virtually all my life, but I haven't had a pimple since the day I started Proactiv. I never ever believed it would work but it's going on 3 months, my face hasn't been this clear since I was in college and out in the sun all the time.

fadero

Back to top Go down

Post  lamka Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:34 am

You can try clay mask, apply clay mixed with water on your face, let it dry and repeat every evening. Then drink, every morning, clay water - put green clay into mug (1 tea spoon), add 150ml of water and let it sit at least 7 hours (prepare it before bed time).

I also like oil pulling with coconut oil. I have no tooth decay so I usually swallow it.

ACV looks good but mix the ACV with honey - the honey is needed with the acid to create electrolytes, I drink it 3 times a day, usually before meal. But I have no problem drink it after or between meals, even before bed time there is no problem.

lamka

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:53 am

I dont have bad acne but recently i got a huge zit was more underneath not a surface red bump or whitehead type was lingering for weeks tried the normal stuff to dry it out lemon juice, baking soda, washing etc nothing worked til i decided try fresh garlic juice made mashed in my mortar and pestle.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Diffusing Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:34 am

fadero wrote:Probably not good for you, I'm 57 and have had acne virtually all my life, but I haven't had a pimple since the day I started Proactiv.  I never ever believed it would work but it's going on 3 months,  my face hasn't been this clear since I was in college and out in the sun all the time.

Interesting you are one of the only people that i've heard say something good about proactiv (that wasn't a paid celebrity LOL).
I might have to give it a try thanks for the advice.

lamka wrote:You can try clay mask, apply clay mixed with water on your face, let it dry and repeat every evening. Then drink, every morning, clay water - put green clay into mug (1 tea spoon), add 150ml of water and let it sit at least 7 hours (prepare it before bed time).

I also like oil pulling with coconut oil. I have no tooth decay so I usually swallow it.

ACV looks good but mix the ACV with honey - the honey is needed with the acid to create electrolytes, I drink it 3 times a day, usually before meal. But I have no problem drink it after or between meals, even before bed time there is no problem.

I forgot to mention i also tried clay. I used aztec healing clay, i guess it worked okay. I use it from time to time but i didn't see that much of a difference in acne. The rest of my skin looks nice though.

I just actually bought a small jar of manuka honey. I'm going to try it topically and put it on every morning for 20 minutes.

I'll report back with my findings.

Diffusing

Back to top Go down

Post  Oker Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:55 am

Eating Beef/Lamb liver at least twice a month seems to do the job pretty well.
Oker
Oker

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:28 am

Have you tried Vit B5? Whenever I take it, my skin is noticeably less oily.

You may also want to support your liver - after trying everything a product called Liv52 helped me get rid of bacne (back acne).

It's pretty cheap and definitely worth a try.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:33 am

Diffusing wrote:
fadero wrote:Probably not good for you, I'm 57 and have had acne virtually all my life, but I haven't had a pimple since the day I started Proactiv.  I never ever believed it would work but it's going on 3 months,  my face hasn't been this clear since I was in college and out in the sun all the time.

Interesting you are one of the only people that i've heard say something good about proactiv (that wasn't a paid celebrity LOL).

lamka wrote:You can try clay mask, apply clay mixed with water on your face, let it dry and repeat every evening. Then drink, every morning, clay water - put green clay into mug (1 tea spoon), add 150ml of water and let it sit at least 7 hours (prepare it before bed time).

I forgot to mention i also tried clay. I used aztec healing clay, i guess it worked okay. I use it from time to time but i didn't see that much of a difference in acne. The rest of my skin looks nice though.

I just actually bought a small jar of manuka honey. I'm going to try it topically and put it on every morning for 20 minutes.

Topical treatments are just a band aid.

You need to treat the root cause.

Acne is a combo of

1) inflammation
2) excess sebum production (oil)
3) insufficient skin exfoliation
4) p acne bacteria on the skin

The topical stuff might help with 3 and 4, but you need to go after 1 and 2 if you want to get rid of it.

What in your environment is causing inflammation and excess sebum? Could be diet, stress, anything jacking up your hormones, other toxins / liver burden, or all of the above.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Diffusing Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:29 am

Oker wrote:Eating Beef/Lamb liver at least twice a month seems to do the job pretty well.

I take a lot of vitamin A(10,000 ui), which i guess would be like the equivalent of eating liver.

scottyc33 wrote:Have you tried Vit B5? Whenever I take it, my skin is noticeably less oily.

You may also want to support your liver - after trying everything a product called Liv52 helped me get rid of bacne (back acne).

It's pretty cheap and definitely worth a try.

B5 is my next go to option, i'm having issues finding it where i am right now though.

Acne is a combo of

1) inflammation

The topical stuff might help with 3 and 4, but you need to go after 1 and 2 if you want to get rid of it.

What in your environment is causing inflammation and excess sebum? Could be diet, stress, anything jacking up your hormones, other toxins / liver burden, or all of the above.

True but honestly i'm looking for anything to simply make a dent into my acne, i'll even take a band aid =)

Diffusing

Back to top Go down

Post  salty Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:48 am

I have no experience of it as I don't have acne, but the other day I was reading about the potential demodex involvement in acne. People use permethrin cream and, I believe, sea-buckthorn oil.

salty

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:35 am

Diffusing wrote:Okay so i've been at this for a few years now. I've 100% cured my diffusing hairloss, which was actually pretty easy, it seems like i had a zinc deficiency.

But my acne has persisted, nothing seems to change it. I have big lesions on my face dripping white puss. Its pretty nasty. I don't have to many active spots (2-4), but they are big and leave scars for 6 months to a year. So the accumulation of acne and acne scars cover my cheeks. My acne also seem to form geometric shapes such as straight lines and circles.

I've tried brewers yeast, lactoferrin, all different kinds of probiotics (even making my own), stopped masturbating, zinc, selenium, changed my diet (no milk products or simple carbs), omege 3's, vitamin A, vitamin D, Drinking apple cider vinegar, Topically applying apple cider vinegar.

i have a history of past antibiotic use as well as one course of Accutane. (which did nothing.)

any advice from people who have successfully won the battle with acne would be very appreciated.

Based on what I read about your situation, this is something I would suggest you try until the packet is finished. Totally worth it.

http://www.iherb.com/Dr-Ohhira-s-Essential-Formulas-Inc-Probiotics-Professional-Formula-60-Capsules/13439?=hil335

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  irfoc Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Have you tried all of this:
" stopped masturbating, zinc, selenium, changed my diet (no milk products or simple carbs), omege 3's, vitamin A, vitamin D, Drinking apple cider vinegar, Topically applying apple cider vinegar."
at the same time?
For how long? It'd be good to know.

irfoc

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:29 am

retin-a cream.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diffusing Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:42 pm

I just wanted to report back on the manuka honey. I don't think its a cure, but it sure does improve the healing time of acne. So i'm going to continue using it and see.  

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Diffusing wrote:Okay so i've been at this for a few years now. I've 100% cured my diffusing hairloss, which was actually pretty easy, it seems like i had a zinc deficiency.

Based on what I read about your situation, this is something I would suggest you try until the packet is finished. Totally worth it.

http://www.iherb.com/Dr-Ohhira-s-Essential-Formulas-Inc-Probiotics-Professional-Formula-60-Capsules/13439?=hil335

Thank you for your response, i'll give this a try next.

irfoc wrote:Have you tried all of this:
" stopped masturbating, zinc, selenium, changed my diet (no milk products or simple carbs), omege 3's, vitamin A, vitamin D, Drinking apple cider vinegar, Topically applying apple cider vinegar."
at the same time?
For how long? It'd be good to know.

I've done most those things for over a month and still doing most of them with little to no improvement.

4039 wrote:retin-a cream.

This makes my skin patchy and discolors it. I can't use it =(

Diffusing

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:39 am

Diffusing wrote:

4039 wrote:retin-a cream.

This makes my skin patchy and discolors it. I can't use it =(

My advice is to apply either tretinoin or tazorac immediately following a shower with wet skin. This will allow for completely uniform application. A half pea size is all you need. Then immediately follow it up with a moisturizer. With tazorac you don't even need any sun protection like you would with trentionin. I personally sometimes use Gold Bond Ultimate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:49 am

For me personally the best anti-acne treatment was Brewer's Yeast, but for severe cases you probably need to take a lot of it and you need to have multifaceted health restoring approach.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:29 am

My acne has drastically reduced since taking inositol.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Diffusing Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:42 am

missymoo wrote:My acne has drastically reduced since taking inositol.

Do you know of any guys using this to improve their acne?

i've only heard of this working on women's hormonal acne.

Diffusing

Back to top Go down

Post  sharma123 Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Acne is the very common problem now a days. because of our busy schedule we are not able to care of our skin. so it will be good if we take a cosmetic treatment for our skin. skin treatment can also be a solution of  other skin related problem like skin pigmentation skin dullness or mark on skin. Hair Transplant In Indore

sharma123

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:08 am

nofap will cure it 100% in 30-60 days
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:26 am

scottyc33 wrote:
Diffusing wrote:

Acne is a combo of

1) inflammation

what about humidity? It is high humidity in Florida and this is the ultimate test on problem areas( such as my low back and scalp.) It's difficult to avoid and the problem appears just before or during a rainy period. If you suddenly go from here to desert dryness like , the skin cracks and peels.

harechallenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down