Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas

+2
Gibson
Whip
6 posters

Go down

Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas Empty Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas

Post  Whip Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:19 am

Hair has been turning traitor lately (despite everything I've been doing), and I've got sides from estro-positive promoters. F the hair for now, gonna go the man route.

With summer coming up I was looking for some ideas on man supps for weight loss, endurance, lean muscle, etc. Want to go supps first before I start workouts, training, burpees, 100's, etc.

Obviously a few that come to mind are these but I am looking for more/better:
Maca
DIM
ALA/ALC/NAC
Green Tea

Zinc, b-complex and vit C makes me balloon up for some reason. Hair got worse when I stopped drinking coffee but it was making me too acidic. (I know this part is weird but I've tried these vitamins off/on over the years and have seen this effect on me)

Diet is in check and have also taken MCP, Humi, D3, iodine, bentonite, diet is no gluten/sugars/dairy also cal restricted diet, meat, low carbs and some veggies, no smoking, alcohol, coffee or meds.

Thanks

Whip

Back to top Go down

Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas Empty Re: Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:53 am

Whip,

For diet check what I wrote in another thread.

The Ultimate Meal will boost your liver considerably, which will help a lot with any estro probs.

For supps,

Nettle Root by Now

Zinc chelate by KAl --it seems to go pretty straight to testes (I know you said zinc is bad for you, but this one is cheap enough to try, plus you can return it opened for store credit at vitamin shoppe).

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=KA-1390

Also, PteroMax--take as much as you can afford to take. 3 a day is a sweet spot for me. It's one of those products that has a laundry list of benefits, but athletic endurance is at the top of the list and you know what that requires.

This should all be hair safe. And I know it works because I am the leanest I have been in a decade, the strongest, and my libido is perfect.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas Empty Re: Want to go the man route - fight against estros - need some ideas

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:21 am

I also get fed up with sided from dutasteride and try to stop - "go the man route" (I like that). Unfortunately I start tripping pretty hard the second I perceive my hair taking a dive and jump back on. It's really psychologically addicting. I figure if my loss continues slowly on dutasteride, how can I possibly get by on supplements alone? When my libido, energy, muscle, and well-being comes back, I think, "yeah, but what good is all that if I'm bald"... "I can't afford to let my hair slide because maintenance is hard enough and regrowth is next to impossible."

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 am

Yo Whip,

Check out my list for the next iherb order, I think it will kick inflammation in the balls!

I'll get some of the usual stuff-EC, krilloil....plus:
curcumin+bioperine
bromelain+quercetin
pumpkin seed oil
toco-sorb

ps:
MacaPro XP Professional Purple Maca Liquid Extract http://www.uhtco.ca/MacaPro.aspx?lang=en&TabId=Our_Products
Male Sexual Vitality Tonic Compound http://www.iherb.com/Herb-Pharm-Male-Sexual-Vitality-Tonic-Compound-1-fl-oz-29-6-ml/9988?at=0

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  oblomov Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:57 am

Whip,

I like your list, and Gibson's. I will definitely look into Pteromax. I have been pleased with NSI Trans-Resveratrol, but there's always room for improvement.

I would suggest considering the addition of Calcium-D-Glucarate (CDG) to your list. CDG aids liver clearance of estrogens, and clears estradiol ("bad" estrogen) at a faster rate than estrone/estriol (the weaker, "good" estrogens). I think it's the ideal adjunct to DIM and Nettle Root in the battle against excess estrogen.

oblomov

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:44 am

The following really gave my libido and energy levels a boost:

turmeric (curcumin; bioperine is neither needed nor recommended)
Japanese knotweed (resveratrol)
tocotrienols
vitamin D3
fo ti (though it does contain phyto-estrogens)
royal jelly

Not a fan of nettles or maca, as both gave me the opposite effect: lowered libido.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Hormones get out of whack before they balance with maca...same as with iodine...

Not sure what you have against bioperine but if you use black peper for cooking you won't get around it anyway.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks very much guys, it's great to get input and feedback on these.

I'm gonna to try these and will report soon.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Bioperin is not an extract of blackpeper, it is found in black peper....the extract of black peper is concentrated bioperine, yes. That doesn't change a thing of what I said though.

You can get the bioperin by using blackpeper on your meal when taking curcumin. You can also use tumeric instead of curcumin but you need to take way more and you have to find nonirradiated. It's just more convinient for me to pop a cap of 95, but do as you like!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:51 am

pancacke wrote:Bioperin is not an extract of blackpeper, it is found in black peper....the extract of black peper is concentrated bioperine, yes. That doesn't change a thing of what I said though.

You can get the bioperin by using blackpeper on your meal when taking curcumin. You can also use tumeric instead of curcumin but you need to take way more and you have to find nonirradiated. It's just more convinient for me to pop a cap of 95, but do as you like!

Huh? Don't confuse yourself here, pancake. Bioperine is a "standardized extract from the fruit of Piper nigrum L (black pepper) or Piper longum L (long pepper)."

With respect to curcumin bioavailability:

1. A site (www.turmeric-curcumin.com) that states, "The use of the chemical piperine from pepper, trade-named Bioperine, was a poor attempt at increasing bioavailability at the expense of the epithelial lining of the stomach, small intestine and bowels... If you want to use capsules, make certain they DO NOT contain a pepper extract that is advertised to improve bioavailability."

2. This is from Dr. Ray Sahelian:
Q. It is my understanding, that based on prior research, that curcumin bioavailability is compromised and in turn the absorption and therapeutic blood levels are low. I also understand that various research trials are demonstrating the concurrent use of piperine, which enhances the absorption and bioavailability. I am curious if your research supports this as well and if there is any further information that you might have to support this fact.

A. We have not seen convincing research that indicates piperine is needed for curcumin absorption or bioavailability. Almost all studies with curcumin have not used any piperine, therefore we tend to understand that curcumin works well by itself.

Last edited by The Natural on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:33 am

Bioperine is a "standardized extract
You're right, I was thinking about piperine...

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down