Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content?

2 posters

Go down

Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? Empty Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content?

Post  Misirlou Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:47 am

I've been thinking about this for a while. When the oranges are pressed, is it true that the nutritional content, like vitamin c, rapidly gets lost or is this just a myth?
If it is true, would freezing help stop this process and preserve the nutritions or are all those 100% freshly pressed juices you can buy in the store, nothing more then orange taste and sugars, with a lot less content then the beginning?

I know that many brands uses frozen pasteurized concentrates instead of non-pasteurized fruit juice, but I would like to know the truth in both cases.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? Empty Re: Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content?

Post  Gibson Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 am

It's mainly about the enzymes degrading. Enzymes are kinda like the sparkplugs of life. That's why folks who eat a lot of raw foods feel vibrant, etc. That's the hook. You end up with more metabolic enzymes as a result, as well.

Flash freeze drying is an effective way to preserve enzymes. That's how The Ultimate Meal, which i have been touting, is prepared. I imagine it is a craft in itself to to this effectively and can't say I know much about it.

Some vitamins may degrade from heat I think, but I'm pretty sure it has more to do with assimilation. The body can easily absorb all of the vitamins when the food is left whole and unadultered with enzymes intact.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content? Empty Re: Freshly pressed fruits - what's up with the nutritional content?

Post  Misirlou Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:08 am

So what you essentially saying is that wall mart juices *can* be healthy and nutritious?
Suspect

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down