Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Less of a poison ? EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Less of a poison ? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Less of a poison ? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Less of a poison ? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Less of a poison ? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Less of a poison ? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Less of a poison ? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Less of a poison ? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Less of a poison ? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Less of a poison ?

+3
j87x
isis
mikeymike
7 posters

Go down

Less of a poison ? Empty Less of a poison ?

Post  mikeymike Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm on IH Regimen since 7 months now.
It has definately done some good for my overall health, more energy in sport and I'm drastically less tired during the day.
Overall I'm really happy with this regimen, as I feel really better and more energetic.

I have started addressing heavy metals, adrenal fatigue, candida, since a few months now.

On the bad side my hair hasn't improved, it has worsened at the same rhytm as before starting the IH regimen.

I have still a lot to try considering IH, but at this time, I feel time is running against me.
I want to continue the IH regimen but I need to try one of the 'big guns'.

My hair has thinned a lot (on top) and it's becoming really problematic, considering how important my hair is to me
(I guess it's the same for most of you guys).

While I've always been reluctant to try either finasteride or minoxidil, I'm now more inclined to do so ...
If you HAD to try one of the two, which one would you do ?
Which of the 2 is less of a poison ? Wink

Finasteride doesn't have good press, and we don't know about long term sides.
On the other side I don't want to be on a 'lifetime commiting drug' like Minoxidil, who apparently does shit to the skin, collagen issues. (Why save your hair if your skin looks like shit ?)

For example, would IH regimen + a low dose Finasteride (50% of recommended dosage) be a good compromise for me ?

I know this forum is about dropping the poison, but many of you have surely been in this situation too ... so I'm sure you understand. I'd like to know what you think.

Thanks a lot,

Mike

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Less of a poison ? Empty Re: Less of a poison ?

Post  isis Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:18 pm

i had brainfog for more than 3 years after qitting fin.. please never!! take fin!! ... its deadly... i can damage you health and life forever

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks for your msg. Yes it looks kind of scary.
Have you found a good alternative ?

I know it can be a bit of a russian roulette, but I guess lots of people experiences less sides (if any) too ...
2 of the 3 friends who take finasteride have 0 sides (for now). the other one experiences loss of libido.

I know this drug is scary but it seems to work.
That's why I wanted to try it with very low dosage ...

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 pm

what of the IH regimen do you take? all or just top 5 or something?

i recommend you, to dont take fin but its your descision... i would never take such poison again, It destrooyed my life.. I felt so terible like never ever before, constantly for 2 years...

thank god it is fading out since a few months but only because i live on a very healthy diet

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Maybe try fin topically. It may be safe taken internally every 3rd day and one half to one fourth of 1mg, but no one really knows. I would go with the topical antiandrogen route - ketoconazole cream, miconzole cream, super zix II, maybe topical resveratrol+curcumin. ASC-J9 looks promising.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:29 pm

@mikeymike
I don't know much about both of the drugs. When my dermatologist diagnosed hairloss, he told me that he didn't want to prescribe fin, because at a late conference it was mentioned that fin was shown to highten the risk of breastcancer(yes, men can have that too).....So I went with minox, but after two applications I dropped it without reason, instinctivly knowing that it wasn't the way to go.

My derm. put it this way: Do you want to risk you're health for an issue that is just cosmetically in nature?

Anyway, these drugs only help 50% of the people who take it and the main mechanism is counteracting DHT. Now this is something not really covered by IH regime, as far as I know. Pumpkin seed oil reduces 5ar while not messing up you're hormones......this should be enough to keep DHT handled and if not there are other natural dht-blockers out ther(beta-sis etc.).

You're choice, good luck!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 pm

@isis :
I take all IH supplements except Sensoril, Losol, Selenium and Probiotics

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:54 pm

pancacke wrote:@mikeymike
My derm. put it this way: Do you want to risk you're health for an issue that is just cosmetically in nature?

I wish I heard this kind of speech here in France coming from a professional, but all derm/doctors/pharmacists that I've talked are all 100% sure that both finasteride and minoxidil are 100% safe.

It's so crazy to see such a constrast here in France (Europe ?) : many many people sceptical about the sides on the Internet, and 99% of the professionals totally sure of the safety of these treatments.

I have never seen any similar situation concerning another pathology.

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 pm

This came from a Derm. in austria(no kangoroos).....If I ever see him again I'd thank him for that, on the other hand he treated my eczema with antibiotics and prescription shampoo, couldn't get it handled for nearly a year-had to fix it myself Rolling Eyes

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:40 am

i just can repeat myself, i personally know that there have been been which commited suicide because of fin side effects and i had contact to some of those which thought about it... i dont know if they did or not..

but one thing is for sure, the brainfog which i got from fin was so massive, its really out of this world... i had to quit my job, i lost freinds... i lived in total isolation for years. I had absolutely no connection to my feelings, a body without feelings.

just be clever and dont take this shit!

I

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:07 am

Isis, how much fin did you take, and for how long ?

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:53 am

Consider taking iodine plus for a while......thyroid is important in all forms of hairloss IMO

Also, it looks like you have chronic inflammation, right? Now you covered free radicals and bad fats with the regime/diet. The next thing I would suggest is(props to jdp) taking a quality potassium supplement while taking care of foodsensitivities, magnesium deficiency, thyroid(hypothyroid) and oxidized copper.
This one is great http://aor.ca/html/products.php?id=154

Iodine(in the form of iosol or magnascent) as a topical worked for me to counteract itching(inflammation).

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:21 am

My first try with Lugol gave me nausea ... and it was just one drop (empty stomach in the morning)
so I stopped ..

I'll investigate once I have more time

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:52 am

i took fin for only a week! one pill a day, it was enough to waste my metabolism.

Thats how i came in natural lifestyle, rawfoodism etc.. It was my rescue! but it took years even on very healthy diet.

It may be, that you dont get side effects, but if you belong to the few which get side effects, and it is not known why there is auch a difference in reacting, then it will one of the worst choices you´ve made so far.

Try first the minox, but even that i wouldnt take

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

isis wrote:i took fin for only a week! one pill a day, it was enough to waste my metabolism.

Thats how i came in natural lifestyle, rawfoodism etc.. It was my rescue! but it took years even on very healthy diet.

It may be, that you dont get side effects, but if you belong to the few which get side effects, and it is not known why there is auch a difference in reacting, then it will one of the worst choices you´ve made so far.

why wouldn't you try minox ?

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:09 am

I would also strongly suggest iodine, make sure to take companion nutrients with it.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:38 am

tooyoung wrote:I would also strongly suggest iodine, make sure to take companion nutrients with it.

Companion nutrients will make it easier on the stomach ?

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 am

mikeymike wrote:
isis wrote:i took fin for only a week! one pill a day, it was enough to waste my metabolism.

why wouldn't you try minox ?

because this is my lesson what i´ve learned with this. I will never ever feed my body poison again.

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 am

mikeymike - There's two important areas to address for some individuals.

1# Heavy Metal detoxification and #2 Thyroid.

If either one of these are a problem, you will not experience optimum results.

I won't bother mentioning the poisons, I totally agree with the others, they are not the answer.

The nausea from the Iosol is an indication that you're loaded with halogens. These are competitive toxic minerals that prevent iodine binding.

When you get a side-effect from even a small dose of iodine, it means you're very deficient in iodine. What you'll need to do is perform salt loading and high-dose vitamin C.

For example, you can take several grams per day unrefined Celtic Sea Salt. This will help flush-out the bromide for example. The high-dose Vitamin C will also help minimize the detoxification from iodine ingestion.

As you begin to tolerate more iodine, increase your dose.

For heavy metal detox, I recommend simply using humifulvate. There isn't a more effective mercury chelator than this one for the price.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxe Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:15 am

I've used almost the full IH regimen including iodine/chelation for 2 years. (OMG Laser Messiah 300 helmet for 1.5). I continue to lose ground. My diet is decent, but not perfect.

After all that, I finally started on .25 fin every other day about 2 months ago (I am taking this in addition to the full IH regimen and I added DIM as well to counter estrogenic effects). Not sure if my hair has been helped, but I have not gotten any sides from fin.

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:02 am

@CS Thanks for your input I really appreciate ... I'll try the salt loading (have to find celtic sea salt in France) as well as the iodine companion nutrients

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:12 am

Raxe wrote:I've used almost the full IH regimen including iodine/chelation for 2 years. (OMG Laser Messiah 300 helmet for 1.5). I continue to lose ground. My diet is decent, but not perfect.

After all that, I finally started on .25 fin every other day about 2 months ago (I am taking this in addition to the full IH regimen and I added DIM as well to counter estrogenic effects). Not sure if my hair has been helped, but I have not gotten any sides from fin.

Thanks for your input, it's interesting ...
You have absolutely 0 sides from fin ?
if you take 0.25 every other day it's 1/8 of the recommended dosage for finasteride ... do you think it still can be effective ?

I admit that I really think about doing that if the iodine therapy and the metal chelation don't give results for me ...
I still have many things to try but I keep IH + low dose Fin as a final (desperate) option.

I just went for a haircut. The hairdresser did remove a lot of volume to my already thinning hair ... now it looks like I have lost half of my hair in 20 mins ... horrible. I can now see my skull very clearly and see how much I have lost during the last year ... Very depressing, but I'm motivated to try the Iodine stuff

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down