Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptyToday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Virile mane-- stay the course? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Virile mane-- stay the course?

+4
scottyc33
NewReg
hadrion
zeus
8 posters

Go down

Virile mane-- stay the course? Empty Virile mane-- stay the course?

Post  zeus Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:49 am

Hey guys-- I jumped on Virile Mane as soon as it came out. Been apply it for exactly three weeks now and though I wouldn't expect to see results this early into a treatment, I never thought I'd see negative effects.

I've lost about 1cm on the strong side of my hairline in this short period of time and a disturbing amount of density across the whole thing (only apply to frontal area). My hair has turned into hay, hairs I'm shedding look like pubic hairs with 90' degree kinks and bends. I know a few other people on the board picked this up too, any experiences to share? Should I just drop this stuff or is conventional wisdom still that things get worse before getting better?

zeus

Back to top Go down

Virile mane-- stay the course? Empty Re: Virile mane-- stay the course?

Post  hadrion Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:16 am

Zeus -- I've actually had the opposite effect.

I didn't want to post results/impressions yet because it's only a few weeks and still early, but the Virile Mane has had a positive effect on my hair and my wife and I are noticing new sprouts in my thinning areas.

It hasn't increased shedding in me at all.

I don't want to go all out and praise it from here to highwater yet because it's early, but I'm definitely not experiencing the same thing you are at this point.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:22 am

I too have not been on it long (about 3 weeks), and I've had mixed results. Virile Mane has seemed to have a positive effect on the quality of my hair, and I have noticed some small new sprouts (though very minimal). However, I got off Minox. when I opted for Virile Mane and I have lost a lot of the hair that had been built up from Minox. over the years. I am going back on Minox. (mornings) and will keep Virile Mane in my regiment (evenings) and see how that goes.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:57 pm

I've been using VM for a few weeks and can't comment either way yet on effectiveness.

I think the same company has also come out with a shampoo:

Thoughts on the ingredients?

Ingredients:

Olive Oil Liquid Castille, Emu Oil, Aqua, Glycerin, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, SeaFlora Kelp Complex, Shea Butter, Alfalfa extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Borage Oil, Panthenol, Panthetine, Glycol Stearate, Apple Polyphenols, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Gamma Tocopherol, Raspberry Ketones, Peppermint Oil, Green Coffee Bean Extract (standardized for Chlorogenic Acid), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Creatine Malate, Mucuna Pruriens (standardized for 99% L-Dopa), Almond Oil, Hemp Seed oil, Citrus Seed Extract(preservative).

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:05 am

I posted this in another forum -- I've been using the VM for about a month now in addition to the supps IH has rec commended for me. I have to say that I am encouraged -- here's my report thus far;

I'm about 4 weeks in on VM. Received my bottle on November 7 and have been using 1x a day (at night) since then.

My results are encouraging. Here's what I've noticed.

I have slowed/stopped shedding hairs. Before VM, I would easily pull out hair when I brushed/combed my hair in the morning. This isn't happening anymore.

I definitely see my existing hair has gotten thicker. No doubt about this. My wife agrees. She cuts my hair and can tell.

Have I seen off the charts amazing regrowth yet? No. But I have seen encouraging regrowth.

I have many new sprouts breaking through. All of them dark terminal hairs. By many, I'd say 20-25 hairs on the top of my head.

I'm a diffuse thinner with a 2 inch wide swath down the center of my scalp (from behind my hairline to crown) where you can see hair loss. It's pretty ugly.

Cosmetically at this point the sprouts aren't making much of a difference...but they are there and they are growing and I do believe they soon may be accompanied by many other hairs. I think I'm early in this process.

In the area of the hairline I do see some activity. There was one area in my hairline that was starting to open up...now in front of it there is new hair!

I've also noticed that where I originally had 1 strand of hair coming out of follicles in my hairline, I now see several strands coming out. The short hairs are new and terminal.

Do I think it's working? Yes.

Do I think if you have visible hair loss on the top of your head you will grow a full head of hair in 4-5 weeks? No.

Anyone expecting their balding areas to be completely filled in, in 4-5 weeks is being a little unrealistic.

But I bought my 2nd bottle (still on my first) and I'm committed to giving this product a good run to see if this is what can help.

I do have sprouts (new hairs) and I can't deny that. My wife points them out to me every night when she puts the VM on me.

They're not in the volume yet that I'd like them to be, but they are there.

I do want to add though I have a slick bald spot on top of my head about the size of a quarter -- in that spot I've seen no regrowth yet. The sprouts are in the diffuse areas where I had other hair. The slick spot may have had too much fibrosis or may take a little longer to sprout hair.

I do think this product is worth the investment. Just be realistic and above all be patient.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Hadrion,

I'm looking for something that absorbs well into the scalp so you can't see it. Does VM absorb sufficiently? And how does it smell?

Ganny

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:42 pm

It seems like a number of people who are having success were just using it once a day. I think I'm going to give it another go and just apply at night.

Thanks for sharing!

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:46 pm

Ganny -- It absorbs really well and disappears quickly. What I would caution you is that if really mucks up your hair so I think you can only put it on at night if you're not going anywhere. If you have a buzz cut it's not an issue, but I have longish hair on top and it really just makes it completely messed up. If you put it on post shower it absorbs really fast.

I wash out the residue when I get up first thing in the morning and use IH's topical rinse then. It seems to be working nicely.

I really have a nice handle on the inflammation I usually experience on my scalp.

As for the smell, it smells like peppermint and coffee and the smell is very noticeable. Again, you definitely don't want to go out after application since the smell is a bit strong. Not unpleasant at all though. I like the smell.

Again, no earth shattering results but I think this is promising. The fact that I can feel and my wife can the new sprouts coming in is a very good sign.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:05 am

I'll be very fascinated to see how my/Primordial Performance's topical stacks up against Virile Mane. Entirely different ingredients and methods of action.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:27 am

I'm not so sure about this stuff. I saw what I think are some new sprouts, but after stopping Minox. lost much more than I gained. Am back on Minox. now and am steadily gaining back hairs. Once I max out with my Minox. again, I'll stop using Virile Mane and see if I lose anything by cutting it out. Will keep you guys posted.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:46 am

Just got this stuff today and was wondering if anyone is using a topical before putting this stuff on and how much do you put on say for diffuse thinning? Just a little bit or a good amount

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 am

Nid, you think virile mane is any good?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:31 am

This stuff is like putting glue on your hair.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:41 am

NewReg,

Why did you stop minox.? Were you have side effects? I'm thinking of starting it because I've never once tried any of the conventional topicals and I need something that will help at least grow back some hair on my bald spot...there is still some hair there so I want to attack it before it's completely bald. : )

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Misir--

The ingredients are good hairloss ingredients, so I'm definitely not going to knock it. If it's working for people, then I suppose it's worth a shot ya? I'm just waiting on the PP topical to be finished...just using the IH regime and 112degrees.com's product, Mag. Oil in the shower, and Laser Helmet for now.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:37 pm

I've been on VM for over 2 months now. I seem to have stayed status quo with where I was when I last checked in.

I don't have enough significant new growth that it's noticeable, but I do have the same new growth I saw last time. The sprouts are getting longer and are terminal hairs.

In terms of volume of new growth, it's not enough to make a cosmetic difference yet. I have another bottle of this so I'm staying the course with it and seeing what the next couple of months brings.

I don't think it's done anything to hurt my hair loss, but I also am not ready to tell you guys it's a magic bullet of any sort.

Time will tell. So far my experience is positive but not out of this world.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:58 am

Those who use this do you have to leave it in all night or can you rinse it off before going to bed?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:33 pm

I've been leaving it in all day/night. It has an odd scent -- not necessarily bad, but odd nonetheless. For this reason, I try to put it in as far before seeing people as possible. I've had people ask me what the smell is before. I ask if it bothers them and they say no, but again, it's kind of unique.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:41 pm

I'd imagine a good cologne would offset the scent as well NewReg?

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:21 am

I put it on at night. I rub it in until it dissolves, although it gets stuck in my hair and makes my hair crispy like too much gel/hairspray.

When I wake up in the morning I wash it out.

I don't think you're supposed to leave it on your scalp all the time.

The creator of the product claims it absorbs within the 1st 45 minutes of application so all the residue in your hair can be washed out and you shouldn't be losing anything.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:48 am

A quick update: I think this stuff might actually be working now. I have been on for about 3 months now and have definitely noticed some new sprouts and previously diminishing hairs are getting longer again. I need to wait a little longer to really determine what is going on as I have also upped my ecklonia cava to 2x per day, and added artemisinin about three weeks ago. I'll keep you posted.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down