Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please.

5 posters

Go down

Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. Empty Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please.

Post  berti Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 am

Firstly Hi to everyone, been hanging around in the shadows for a while but this is the first time I've needed advice I couldn't find in other posts.

I've had scalp psoriasis since my teens but have always managed it quite easily as it would only flare up if I was run down from partying too hard, eating too much junk or stressed out. For the last year though it has been constantly present and no matter what I do diet wise etc I can only reduce it to a mild flare up at best. The only thing I can put this down to is that this coincides with my having amalgam fillings fitted for the first time, 4 of them. I hadn't discovered this site at that time so was unaware of the dangers of mercury fillings otherwise I wouldn’t have listened to the dentist who told me the cavities were too big for white fillings. I cannot afford to have them removed properly at the moment unfortunately.

I am a diffuse thinner and up until this year the thinning has been quite slow, but now with my scalp constantly inflamed I am thinning far more rapidly.

Since discovering this site I have improved my diet and I was on the IH supplements but the psoriasis persists so I have decided to stop taking them until I have resolved this problem as I don’t think anything will improve my hair until I do.

Currently I am taking Humifulvate to try to deal with the mercury and I have seen some improvement with my scalp but I would appreciate any suggestions anyone else has to help me combat this.

Much appreciated

Berti

berti

Back to top Go down

Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. Empty Re: Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please.

Post  randle20 Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:33 am

I would look into checking your Thyroid. Get tests done for T3 T4 Reverse T3 and Lipoprotein (a).

Look into using Iodine / Selenium

Seems like what you mentioned, mercury fillings, partying etc... Can all over time suppress thyroid function. Low thyroid function is correlated with thinning psoriasis and dandruff. Good luck.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please. Empty Re: Psoriasis nightmare!!! Advice please.

Post  act<react Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:36 am

Ditch the amalgams! Also read up on the Auto-immune posts on this site using google searches such as "Autoimmune Immortalhair", thyroid is also something to seriously look into as Randle said, totally agree.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:39 am

Don't take chelators while having amalgams, look into the cutler protocol for more info.

I haven't dealt with scalp psoriasis but I had eczema which is pretty similar I think. You may want to try the following:
krill oil, probiotics and brewers yeast internal(supps from IH regimen);
iodine(in the form of sski), selenium and silica internal;(good for diffuse thinners-thyroid)
topical iodine, iosol or nascent are good for this purpose(leaves no stain)

Also use a mild organic shampoo(aubrey and miessence are good) everyday or every other day. Don't use other topicals, don't blowdry and don't scrab the inflammed areas. Sunshine on the affected ares also helps and if you have a buildup of dead skin you should consider an enzyme peeling(scalpskinworks)

Lastly look into diet, especially food sensitivities-cutting out milk was important for me....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:41 am

notes on thyroid:

iodine supplementation:
iodine
selenium
silica

iodine co-factors:
Vitamin C - 3,000 mg per day (more may be necessary to detox bromide)
300-600 mg magnesium
500mg B2; 100mg B3
lecithin

T3 conversion:
Tyrosine
Zinc
b6, b12
vit D+co-factors

T4-T3 conversion problems:
Anti TPO antibodies
growth hormone deficiency
heavy metals
iron overload
high stress
poor adrenal function
low levels of vit.a, selenium, B6, B12
Vit.c and zinc improve conversion

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks for all the replies guys! The autoimmune route makes a lot of sense. I have some vitiligo which is an autoimmune disorder too, so I’ll read up on that. I inherited the vitiligo from my mum who also has diabetes, and thyroid trouble so your onto something there.

Pancacke I found an interesting article about Andy Cutler on curezone so I'll read through that. I am using a organic shampoo at the moment so no problems there.

I'll probably have a load more questions once I read into this a bit, thanks for all the help

Berti~

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Berti - https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t4941-psoriasis-ideas

Note that you can find other threads on this or other subjects by using the "Google" selection (not the "inside" which is the default selection).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down