Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Immortal Hair shampoo question EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Immortal Hair shampoo question

4 posters

Go down

Immortal Hair shampoo question Empty Immortal Hair shampoo question

Post  Irenicus Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:21 am

Is there any potential reason why I would see an increase in sebum production after using the lithium/DMSO shampoo? After using it for a couple of weeks I have noticed an increase in how shiny my scalp has become, and my hair actually seems to become greasier even faster after taking a shower. At this rate I am afraid that I will soon look as if I stuck my head in the Shine-O Ball-O at the bowling alley. Any ideas on why this would be occuring? Perhaps it just takes time for it to take effect?
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Immortal Hair shampoo question Empty Re: Immortal Hair shampoo question

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Irenicus - This effect is rare, exactly the opposite expected effect. Have you tried ketoconazole?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Have not tried ketoconazole yet. This increased sebum and scalp shine is something that has really just taken off in the past month or so, haven't had time to experiment yet. Going bald is tough in its self, but going bald and having a scalp people can use as a mirror is not something I would prefer. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Another interesting thing I have noticed is when I use topical bromelain in emu oil, all that happens when I massage it in is that I get a build up of bromelain on my fingertips, nothing gets rubbed in or absorbed. Prior to the sebum issue even just a small amount on my scalp would cause tingling and burning, and now I get absolutely no sensation. It is like there is a shield of wax covering my head. Very interesting problem that is occuring, quite an exciting challenge to figure out what is going on and correct the problem. Actually the whole hairloss thing is a fascinating issue itself, enjoying the process of figuring out what it is all about.
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 pm

I've come to the conclusion that bromelain isn't very effective in an oil base. Try mixing it with either dmso, or some msm, aloe and a few drops of oil, and either a drop of lemon juice or grapefruitseed extract (for idea ph). Then run it under hot water for a few minutes so it reaches ideal temperature. That is the only way I can get it to tingle/burn on my scalp. Some people just have naturally shiny scalps, no matter what I do I can't get the shine out. I don't know if my scalp was always like that, or if the texture changed from fibrosis or something.

As for the shampoo, maybe its making your scalp shiny because it is cleaning it squeaky clean. Maybe try a pre-wash with dr bronners soap before washing with the lithium shampoo. I always pre wash to get junk out of my scalp first so the dmso doesn't drag it into my scalp. I also filled up a soap dispenser with dr bronners and wash my scalp off in the sink a few times per day since I use a lot of topicals.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Actually, maybe the problem is that I wasn't very effective at getting the crushed lithium pills to dissolve. Taking a second look at the bottom of the shampoo bottle and it is just a clump of lithium. Any suggestions on how to get it to actually dissolve and mix with the DMSO and shampoo?
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:07 am

Irenicus - Lithium Orotate powder is available, however I had used the hard tablets in most cases.

What I would do is place them in a paper or plastic bag and pulverize them with a hammer into dust. Then add it to the mix.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:10 am

Still experimenting with the scale shine, but noticed something interesting. After showering and scrubbing the heck out of my head my scalp is squeaky and shiny as I have ever seen it, but a little bit of brushing with a boar brush takes the shine right away. Same thing happens when my scalp gets shiny after not washing my hair for a while, brush takes the shine right away. Not sure if this means that the shine is the result of all the sebum being washed away, and the brushing stimulates a little production and spreads it around reducing the shine, or if the sebum is causing the shine and doesn't wash away in the shower.

I'm sure we have all noticed how strange and shiny pretty much every bald person's scalp is, and its a different shine than from someone who just shaves their head but still has all their hair. Curious to see if anyone else has had the same experience with the brush and the shiny scalp.
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  fadero Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Try putting the lithium in a coffee grinder....I have a small inexpensive one that works great.

fadero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down