Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil

+5
nidhogge
jeruslan
AboDi
CausticSymmetry
mphatesmpb
9 posters

Go down

Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil Empty Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil

Post  mphatesmpb Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:10 am

I'm quoting a poster named "Joe53" from this forum:
http://www.wellwise.org/krill-oil/red-krill-oil-astaxanthin
I don't know how reliable his information is, but I guess if he is correct we will have to reconsider what brand of Krill Oil we are taking.

The redness of the capsule only goes so far in telling the astaxanthin level. At some point the capsule will look dark red. Anything more will make it look black.

However, when a capsule looks orange, it will most likely has little astaxanthin.

Remember:

Orange = Inferior.

Black = Premium Krill Oil.

There are several krill oil brands on the market with very high astaxanthin levels. For example, Deep Ocean Krill Oil distributed by astaxanthin grower Valensa, contains 0.45 mg per 300 mg capsule. Similarly, Azantis makes several qualities of Krill Oil with levels up to 6 mg per 500 mg capsule and they sell their different qualities through many resellers. The standard Azantis quality contains 0.75 mg per 500 mg capsule.

Mega Red does not disclose the astaxanthin content on their label, but we have one indication that it is extremely low: According to oil importer Edwards, who distributes krill oil from the same source as Mega Red's, states (*) that the imported oil typically contains 50 PPM or 0.015 mg per 300 mg capsule.

On the other end of the spectrum we find XanthOmega. They say on their site that they increased "the amount of the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin in XanthOmegaâ„¢ Krill Oil from 1.5 mg to 12 mg per serving". That makes it the most powerful red krill oil in the world.

Mega Red (*) estimated 0.9 mg astaxanthin in bottle

Deep Ocean Krill Oil (**) estimated 27.0 mg astaxanthin in bottle

Azantis standard grade (***) estimated 45.0 mg astaxanthin in bottle

XanthOmega (****) estimated 360.0 mg astaxanthin in bottle

References:

* Based on web info from J Edwards, distributor of Aker's Superba Krill Oil. See bulknaturaloils.com/fishoil/krilloil.html. Mega Red 60 capsules with 300 mg oil with estimated 0.015 mg astaxanthin per capsule.

** Based on Valensa's website usnutra.com. Deep Ocean Krill Oil with 60 capsules each 300 mg with 0.45 mg astaxanthin per capsule.

*** Based on Azantis' web site azantis.com/products.htm. PrimeMetabolics.com Krill Oil 60 capsules 500 mg each with 0.75 mg astaxanthin per capsule.

**** Based on XanthOmega Krill Oil 60 capsules 500 mg each with 6 mg astaxanthin per capsule. Google "XANTHOMEGA DARK RED KRILL OIL" for supplement facts.

Joe53

mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil Empty Re: Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:34 am

Ortho-Nutrition's Krill oil is black. It contains 1.5 mg per 1,000 mg (two capsules) if anyone is curious

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t4310-immortal-hair-supplement-line-now-available-pricing-information

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AboDi Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:27 am

I am wondering if the additional (beside krill oil) astaxanthin supplementation would be beneficial ..

e.g
http://www.iherb.com/Nutrex-BioAstin-Supreme-Pure-Natural-Astaxanthin-60-V-Gels/10351?at=0

by the way the Decalcify is spot on .. seems really good

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 am

I read about Krill oil all the time here, how it is beneficial and salutary. But I was worried about the poor little creatures and their extinction. It seem, according to Wikipedia, that there is no need for concerns at all!

Code:
The krill fishery is considered by some of those scientists to be among the best managed fisheries in the world, providing strict catch limits on licensed vessels, and scientific observers on board. CCAMLR scientists are working to take into account the possible effects of climate change on the ecosystem as well as effects of changes in technology and operational pattern of krill fishing vessels on the fishery when making management decisions.

Source:
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krill_oil

I add this post, just for you guys to know... Hope you fond that interesting....

_jeruslan
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:10 am

The primary benefit of astaxanthin in Krill is the natural preservative effect. If you're looking to get the antioxidant effect, then separate astaxanthin supplementation would be preferable, but not necessary given the antioxidant value in Immortal's regimen.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  bryan Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Krill oil is oil from a tiny, shrimp-like animal. Baleen whales, mantas, and whale sharks eat primarily krill. In Norwegian, the word "krill" means "whale food." People extract the oil from krill, place it in capsules, and use it for medicine. Krill Doctor Professional has been showing positive results for my Dad as he is having heart problems

bryan

Back to top Go down

Astaxanthin Content of Krill Oil Empty Reasons taking a separate astaxanthin supplementation is preferable?

Post  HairShocka Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 am

nidhogge wrote:The primary benefit of astaxanthin in Krill is the natural preservative effect. If you're looking to get the antioxidant effect, then separate astaxanthin supplementation would be preferable, but not necessary given the antioxidant value in Immortal's regimen.

I was interested in taking Krill Oil and Astaxanthin in one pill to minimize the number of pills i have to take. I was considering either Astakrill that you guys carry or the Azantis brand because it's cheaper has a higher dose of Astaxanthin in it and same amount of Krill oil.

What are the reasons taking a separate astaxanthin supplementation is preferable? Thanks!

HairShocka

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Astaxanthin itself improves by a reduction in the negative effects of DHT. So, whether taking Astakrill or Krill + Astaxanthin, it's not a bad idea.

Astaxanthin has a long half-life, so the timing is not that important. However, it is best to take both krill and astaxanthin with a meal that contains some fat.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Ortho-Nutrition's Krill oil is black. It contains 1.5 mg per 1,000 mg (two capsules) if anyone is curious

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t4310-immortal-hair-supplement-line-now-available-pricing-information

So this means it contains good astaxanthin?

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  HairShocka Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:34 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Astaxanthin itself improves by a reduction in the negative effects of DHT. So, whether taking Astakrill or Krill + Astaxanthin, it's not a bad idea.

Astaxanthin has a long half-life, so the timing is not that important. However, it is best to take both krill and astaxanthin with a meal that contains some fat.

Okay. Well, so I gusss now I'm asking is it better if I do a stand alone Astaxanthin supplement on top of for example, doing nutricology krill oil which has some Astaxanthin in it? It sounded like the small amount of Astaxanthin in your product was to act more as a natural preservative so the oil doesn't go "rancid."

HairShocka

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 am

fyi the mercola i just bought said it has 1mg per 2 capsules, now foods says it has 1-1.5mg per 2 capsules
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi archan,

The Ortho Nutrition AstaKrill is actually the Azantis brand (same with our Krill). They're the only Krill supplier that I trust and, additionally, aren't a complete rip-off to do business with as well (ie. - Neptune Krill Oil).

As CS said, the Ortho Krill Oil has 750mcg per capsule, or 1.5mg per 2 capsules (which is a daily serving) of Astaxanthin. Combined with AstaKrill @ 1 a day, I believe that's 7.5mg. Additionally, AstaKrill is absorbed FAR better than other Astaxanthin supplements due to being a liposome.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down