Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Interesting article on too much sitting EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interesting article on too much sitting

3 posters

Go down

Interesting article on too much sitting Empty Interesting article on too much sitting

Post  empty Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 am

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=can-sitting-too-much-kill-you-2011-01-06

Starts with a definition of "sedentary", goes over epidemiological evidence, then explores the mechanisms through which the observed effects could be occurring.

First couple paragraphs I found to be really significant:

The above definition may seem rather intuitive, but this is not the way that the term sedentary has been used by exercise science researchers for the past 50 years. Up until very recently, referring to someone as sedentary meant simply that they were not meeting current guidelines for physical activity. In simple terms, if you were exercising for 60+ minutes/day, you were considered physically active. If you were exercising 10 minutes/day, you were sedentary. Case closed. But as we will discuss below, sedentary time is closely associated with health risk regardless of how much physical activity you perform on a daily basis. Further, it is entirely possible to meet current physical activity guidelines while still being incredibly sedentary. Thus, to quote researcher Marc Hamilton, sitting too much is not the same as exercising too little. (if you take only one thing from this post, let it be that quote from Dr Hamilton). Which is why it is so important that when we use the term "sedentary", we are all on the same page about what that means.

Which highlights the importance of defining what you study, for sure. It seems a lot of studies on physical activity could have been confounded by the "sitting" variable.

What do you all think?

empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting article on too much sitting Empty Re: Interesting article on too much sitting

Post  crincrin Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:57 am

Amazing stuff. I wonder if this is part of what that book "I broke the secret of MPB" suggests - taking frequent breaks from sitting down.

Maybe we should all start doing one or two sets of squats and pushups every hour.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Interesting article on too much sitting Empty I Broke the Mystery of Male Pattern Baldness

Post  barefoot Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:27 pm

This discussion of "sedentary" in the book: I Broke the Mystery of Male Pattern Baldness is very extensive which cannot be found elsewhere at this time. It REDEFINES the meaning of sedentary. Smile

barefoot

Back to top Go down

Interesting article on too much sitting Empty I Broke the Mystery of Male Pattern Baldness

Post  barefoot Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:13 am

That article may be of big help to some of you. Combine that with the CS regimen and brush your hair or massage your scalp regularly then your chances of hair growth is big. If you know the methods in the book, which is very extremely difficult to follow, then your chances for hair growth are even bigger.

barefoot

Back to top Go down

Interesting article on too much sitting Empty Re: Interesting article on too much sitting

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down