Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation: Would these work synergistically?

2 posters

Go down

Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? Empty Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation: Would these work synergistically?

Post  baller234 Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:43 am

Recently I was using Pueraria Mirifica and DIM to modulate estrogen in a hair friendly manner with good results however I had to stop because the skin on my hands and feet were becoming painfully dry and cracked (Perhaps I lowered estrogen too much??). Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using DIM and iodine together and if they would be synergistic.

I'm currently taking 100 mg of DIM and about 5 mg of iodine a day

baller234

Back to top Go down

Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? Empty Re: Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation: Would these work synergistically?

Post  baller234 Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Been doing some thinking and I think I understand why I have the dry cracked skin. Pueraria Mirifica helps the body convert estradiol and estrone into estriol and DIM blocks the 16 hydroxyestrone pathway in favor of 2 hydroxyestrone. So PM drained away existing 16 hydroxyestrone while the DIM stopped more from being produced leaving me with virtually no estriol.

Would iodine with PM be a better combo since they both modulate estrogen via the same pathway (16 hydroxyestrone > estriol)?

baller234

Back to top Go down

Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation:  Would these work synergistically? Empty Re: Iodine and DIM for estrogen modulation: Would these work synergistically?

Post  Odysseus Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 pm

baller234 wrote:Recently I was using Pueraria Mirifica and DIM to modulate estrogen in a hair friendly manner with good results however I had to stop because the skin on my hands and feet were becoming painfully dry and cracked (Perhaps I lowered estrogen too much??). Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using DIM and iodine together and if they would be synergistic.

I'm currently taking 100 mg of DIM and about 5 mg of iodine a day

baller, that's exactly the dose I'm taking (minus the PM) of DIM and iodine. Haven't noticed any particular dryness of skin on hands or feet. I'm also taking grape seed extract and nettle root to help with testosterone balance. For skin, I've been taking Hyaluronic acid and Neocell Collagen (mixed with water and lemon juice). I also take Astaxanthin and apply a home made vitamin C serum to skin (twice a week) to reduce sun damage. I'm a big tennis player and and spend a huge amount of time outside.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:39 am

Yeah I've stopped taking the DIM and am just on the iodine and my skin isnt cracked anymore. I'm thinking I lowered 16 hydroxyestrone too much. My diet is clean with the only fat coming from fish and coconut oil so my 2/16 ratio is probably already good.

If PM and iodine both encourage estriol by draining 16 hydroxyestrone would there be any benefit to taking both?

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:03 am

baller234 wrote:
If PM and iodine both encourage estriol by draining 16 hydroxyestrone would there be any benefit to taking both?

I'm no expert, but perhaps taking both would be overkill. Why don't you try just one for a month or two and see how it "feels".

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down