Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness

+30
rofl
Organism
mistermr
shaftless
Odysseus
iuyyighghghgkh
danthethinningman
BelieveInIt
Zaphod
AS54
researchingeverything
sublime9
Hoppipolla
duel_black
soccerguy
NewReg
JJB9050
Whip
teacup
CausticSymmetry
AK
abc123
EricBee
mphatesmpb
Irenicus
j87x
Misirlou
Trace
Mastery
34 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness Empty David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness

Post  Mastery Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOinRFFuSto

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness Empty Re: David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness

Post  Mastery Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:18 pm

and his take on calcification:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOXQB20bFog&NR=1

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness Empty Re: David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness

Post  Trace Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Calcification has been talked about here a lot. Just hit the search and type in calcification. David Wolfe is no scam. I agree with a lot of what he has to say. Other people on here have seen his you tube video, but I don,t believe anybody has tried it as of yet. I can be your huckleberry.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Trace wrote:Calcification has been talked about here a lot. Just hit the search and type in calcification. David Wolfe is no scam. I agree with a lot of what he has to say. Other people on here have seen his you tube video, but I don,t believe anybody has tried it as of yet. I can be your huckleberry.

I agree. Bt wher can we get a cocao tree, ice water I can do... More importantly what is the effect that that gel has?

Immortal?
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:42 pm

He makes it sound so easy. Too easy IMHO.

Perhaps he meant a way to halt the progress..honestly, I like D.W plenty, he does a lot of good inspiring people, however, he obviously loves money. Just look at this grounded stuff he sells, somewhat overpriced wouldn't you agree? But fine, making money from something you are passionate about is absolutely fine, but this makes me wonder, even D.W, with a full head of hair, does realize that a truly effective serum against hair loss would really sell like crazy, so why not invent it if it is so easy.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Trace Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:46 pm

I coundn,t agree more
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:28 am

I believe David just endorses those grounding bed sheets. I've read they employ super-conductive silver fabric in their products, which is pricey at around $15-20 a foot/.3m. Though for cheaper DIY prices, check out lessEMF.com. Carbon fiber fabric is around $5 a foot/.3m..

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 pm

http://www.brighthub.com/health/alternative-medicine/articles/48382.aspx
"According to David Wolfe, superfood expert and raw food nutritionist, you can reverse male pattern baldness. Soak raw cacao beans in cold water. The cacao beans will release a gel into the water. Put this gel on your scalp daily and sleep with it on. As an alternative you may use Sunfood brand cacao butter for the same results."

I think his claim is exaggerated, but would probably help a little. As for the mechanism, it could either help by the rich fatty acid and vitamin content found in the gel/butter, or
since cacao contains "theobromine" which is a xanthine. Caffeine is a xanthine, which has been shown to help hairloss by inhibiting dht and vasodilation. Caffeine would be chemically similar to theobromine. There are other xanthines, which may or may not help with hairloss. There was patent for a xanthine compound for hairloss: http://www.hairloss-research.org/Xanthine.html

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:21 am

They sell raw cacao beans at my work. I think I'll give this a shot, just for the heck of it.
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 am

The flavanols in cocoa causes nitric-oxide-dependent vasodilation. I think the nitric oxide activates ATP-sensitive potassium channels, so perhaps the flavanols in cocoa function as a natural alternative to minoxidil.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:01 am

Guess I actually bought some a while back, got some soaking and I'll see what happens.
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  EricBee Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:11 am

Keep us posted, I'm real curious about this... Very Happy

Eric

EricBee

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:49 am

In the video, David Wolfe says that you're supposed to soak cacao bark - not beans.

Anyway, I found this study about the vasodilatory effect of flavanoids:

Vasorelaxing effects of flavonoids: investigation on the possible involvement of potassium channels.
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2004.
A flavonoid-rich diet has been associated with a lower incidence of cardiovascular diseases, probably because of the antioxidant and vasoactive properties of flavonoids. Indeed, many flavonoids show vasorelaxing properties, due to different and often not yet completely clarified mechanisms of action. Among them, the activation of vascular potassium channels has been indicated as a possible pathway, accounting, at least in part, for the vasodilatory action of some flavonoid derivatives, such as apigenin and dioclein. Therefore, this work aims at evaluating, on in vitro isolated rat aortic rings, the endothelium-independent vasorelaxing effects of a number of flavonoid derivatives, to identify a possible activation of calcium-activated and/or ATP-sensitive potassium channels and to indicate some possible structure-activity relationships. Among the several flavonoids submitted to the pharmacological assay, only baicalein and quercetagetin were almost completely ineffective, while quercetin, hesperidin, quercitrin and rhoifolin exhibited only a partial vasorelaxing effect. On the contrary, acacetin, apigenin, chrysin, hesperetin, luteolin, pinocembrin, 4'-hydroxyflavanone, 5-hydroxyflavone, 5-methoxyflavone, 6-hydroxyflavanone and 7-hydroxyflavone, belonging to the chemical classes of flavones and flavanones, showed full vasorelaxing effects. The vasodilatory activity of hesperetin, luteolin, 5-hydroxyflavone and 7-hydroxyflavone were antagonised by tetraethylammonium chloride, indicating the possible involvement of calcium-activated potassium channels. Moreover, iberiotoxin clearly antagonised the effects of 5-hydroxyflavone, indicating the probable importance of a structural requirement (the hydroxy group in position 5) for a possible interaction with large-conductance, calcium-activated potassium channels.

This study is pretty interesting for me. I've been interested in finding a natural substitute for minoxidil which will work internally. Check out this short excerpt:

Hair disorders cause psychological distress but are generally poorly controlled; more effective treatments are required. Despite the long-standing use of minoxidil for balding, its mechanism is unclear; suggestions include action on vasculature or follicle cells. Similar drugs also stimulate hair, implicating ATP-sensitive potassium (Katp) channels...Minoxidil and tolbutamide, a Katp channel blocker, opposed eachother's effects on the growing phase (anagen) of scalp follicles cultured in media with and without insulin...These findings indicate that human follicular dermal papillae contain Katp channels that can respond to minoxidil and that tolbutamide may supress hair growth clinically; novel drugs designed specifically for these channels could treat hair disorders.

The first abstract states that apigenin (high amounts found in celery and parsley) and dioclein cause vasodilation by activating potassium channels. If these flavanols activate ATP-sensitive potassium channels, then they should theoretically have the same effect on hair follicles as minoxidil. The only question is whether eating foods containing apigenin (or dioclein) or supplementing would produce serum concentrations high enough to have any effect on the hair follicles.

Some time ago, CS posted a study showing that apigenin promotes the proliferation of dermal papillae cells. Perhaps this proliferation was caused by activation of the potassium channels?

Pretty exciting. I think I'm gonna step out and get some celery Smile.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:06 am

Apigenin seems to have a long half-life, as well.

Human Data. Apigenin appears to be absorbable by humans after intake of
parsley (Petroselinum crispum). In a randomized crossover study with two
one-week intervention periods in succession, fourteen volunteers consumed a
diet that included 20 g parsley. The urinary excretion of apigenin was
significantly higher (P < 0.05) during the intervention with parsley (20.7 –
5727.3 g/24 hr) than during the basic diet (0 – 1571.7 g/24 hr). The half-life for
apigenin was calculated to be on the order of 12 hr.
Significant individual
variation in the bioavailability and excretion of apigenin was observed (Nielsen
et al., 1999).
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:32 pm

This is such a BS claim.

Why doesn't he just sell it on his website if it reverses hair loss? He has no problem selling 10000 other products.

abc123

Back to top Go down

David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness Empty Wolfe is Legit - Skip the bark, use the butter.

Post  AK Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm

abc123 wrote:This is such a BS claim.

Why doesn't he just sell it on his website if it reverses hair loss? He has no problem selling 10000 other products.

Nah Dude, you're wrong about Wolfe. Wolfe is all the way legit.

If you watch the next video like vid 2 or 3 of his 2009 birthday party... he says you can grow cocao in your house in New York if you want..

He goes onto say, what if you stabilized cocao with hydrogen and sold it as a bar... that people could use to massage into their scalp.

He's also saying he doesn't need to collect the bark, the cocao oil fat works for this too. That is available, right now. Sunfood.com

(I found this forum by accident researching cancer cures.. google sent me. Cool Group.)

AK

Back to top Go down

Post  AK Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Trace wrote:Calcification has been talked about here a lot. Just hit the search and type in calcification. David Wolfe is no scam. I agree with a lot of what he has to say. Other people on here have seen his you tube video, but I don,t believe anybody has tried it as of yet. I can be your huckleberry.

One other thing on Wolfe: Years ago he also said the element "Tin" is a cure for male pattern baldness. CAREFUL: You MUST get it from a natural source (Mulberry's) or even better: Take them in Elemental Form, like Ionic Tin from WaterOz.

Again, haven't tried it, haven't had to. I've been eating cocao nibs and powders for like 7 years tho. Would love to try the bark! I've been following Wolfe since 2002, that's 10 years of LEGIT.

AK

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:01 pm

AK - Welcome to the forum, what type of cancer are you researching?

Brewer's yeast contains tin, and I have found it to be helpful overall, to a broader regimen.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:13 pm

AK wrote:
abc123 wrote:This is such a BS claim.

Nah Dude, you're wrong about Wolfe. Wolfe is all the way legit.

If you watch the next video like vid 2 or 3 of his 2009 birthday party... he says you can grow cocao in your house in New York if you want..

He goes onto say, what if you stabilized cocao with hydrogen and sold it as a bar... that people could use to massage into their scalp.

He's also saying he doesn't need to collect the bark, the cocao oil fat works for this too. That is available, right now. Sunfood.com

(I found this forum by accident researching cancer cures.. google sent me. Cool Group.)

Ok dude.

Why doesn't he sell it, if it "reverses male pattern baldness"?
Why has this been known since 2009 and there are no testimonials/no awareness?

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Video says bark, article on brighthub says beans. Beans didn't seem to release any gel after soaking for about 12 hours, so who knows. Maybe just try the butter route.
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

David Wolfe's cure for male pattern baldness Empty RE:

Post  AK Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 pm

@abc123:

I don't know, but my guess is kinda like this... Take OMG for example, and the guys on worldhairloss.org, they talk about their best and most real threads going away and getting deleted or just trashed. I believe them. Wolfe is pretty extreme already. He's not going to take on the system for anyone. He just wants to keep on experimenting and bring material to the surface. What you do with it is up to you. (like I said before ionic tin was another he suggested years ago. I couldn't get it from meminerals.com because they were sold out. THis was back when Wolfe carried their line of ionic minerals) But now water Oz makes one 2x bigger and half the price, pry perfectly comparable.

Lots of people kicking tires and ridiculing, and then you get some rockstars that just dive in! Haha, I like that you've already soaked beans... I bought some when I was at whole foods tonight. I'm gonna retry it. Technically if it's a full bean, not just a cocao nib, it should release enzymes into the water. Kinda like an almond would. Raw foodists soak stuff all the time, so it makes sense he would. And his idea of "gel" or whatever he called it, might be different than what we would expect.

In answer to a previous question.. I think I searched lysine or L- acet(something) C(something) and cancer.

AK

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:15 pm

AK wrote:@abc123:

I don't know, but my guess is kinda like this... Take OMG for example, and the guys on worldhairloss.org, they talk about their best and most real threads going away and getting deleted or just trashed. I believe them. Wolfe is pretty extreme already. He's not going to take on the system for anyone. He just wants to keep on experimenting and bring material to the surface. What you do with it is up to you. (like I said before ionic tin was another he suggested years ago. I couldn't get it from meminerals.com because they were sold out. THis was back when Wolfe carried their line of ionic minerals) But now water Oz makes one 2x bigger and half the price, pry perfectly comparable.

Lots of people kicking tires and ridiculing, and then you get some rockstars that just dive in! Haha, I like that you've already soaked beans... I bought some when I was at whole foods tonight. I'm gonna retry it. Technically if it's a full bean, not just a cocao nib, it should release enzymes into the water. Kinda like an almond would. Raw foodists soak stuff all the time, so it makes sense he would. And his idea of "gel" or whatever he called it, might be different than what we would expect.

In answer to a previous question.. I think I searched lysine or L- acet(something) C(something) and cancer.

Seriously, good luck. If it works report back. I will be the first to try it if anyone has some success. I personally just think David Wolfe is very passionate and that can lead to sometimes going over the top. Reversing mpb is a huuuuuuuuge claim. Even halting it is down right amazing.

Again will look forward to your report if you have results.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:21 am

I'm actually optimistic about this idea. Cocoa flavanols cause dilation of blood vessels, and the mechanism of action might be activation of ATP-sensitive potassium channels via nitric oxide. Thus the flavanols might act as a natural substitute for minoxidil. I'm speculating a bit, though.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 am

I like what he says on grounding.. but then he is a raw foodist, so he is not correct on everything he says, right?

He has hair:
could it be because of his raw food diet???
or the hydrogen pills he takes every day (strongest antioxidant ever)??
or perhaps his grounding?
or maybe it is something he eats like horsetail?

I keep running across people pushing the raw idea.. eh.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:42 am

AK,
I soak raw (unpasteurized) almonds all the time and never knew what to do with the water.. Would putting that water from soaked almonds topically help? cocoa tree/bean vs. almonds?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next