Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
My current regimen: Advice please! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My current regimen: Advice please!

2 posters

Go down

My current regimen: Advice please! Empty My current regimen: Advice please!

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:06 am

Is the curcumin/resveratrol combination effective at halting hair loss in the frontal and temple regions of the scalp? For that matter, are any of the components of IH's regimen effective in this area? I think I've read on another website forum a post by IH which stated that curcumin/resveratrol is good for the temples, but I can't find that thread now.

I just ordered curcumin and resveratrol from iherb.com. I am considering purchasing an exacto knife and for the first few weeks just take half a pill of each (so 250 mg of curcumin, and 100 mg of resveratrol). The reason is that I am much smaller physically than most people. I also figure that easing into the regimen gradually will help my body adjust better, and hopefully result in a better response.

I also eat a ton of cruciferous vegetables (natural source of MSM, sulforaphane, and metabolic precursors of DIM), vitamin E supplement with tocotrienols, and 2 Krill oil capsules (300 mg each) daily, and drink about 4 cups of green tea. In addition, I do Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises every day as well.

My diet is generally pretty clean: I have oatmeal in the morning with a bit of milk, lots of raw vegetables, fruits, and salmon. I season my salmon with garlic and cilantro because I've read that these ingredients are effective at cleansing the body of heavy metals like mercury and cadmium. Unfortunately the salmon I eat is farm raised, which means it's fed corn byproducts. I can't afford wild-caught salmon at this point. Occasionally I'll eat commercially raised chicken, but I try to avoid this meat because of its poor omega6-omega3 ratio.

what do you guys think of my regimen?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

My current regimen: Advice please! Empty Re: My current regimen: Advice please!

Post  tooyoung Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:09 am

How big are you? I'm only 5"5.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:19 am

PS:

I forgot to mention that I also eat some nuts: walnuts and almonds mainly. I also take a cup of low sodium V8 with a table spoon of brewer's yeast. Finally, I take a table spoon of turmeric (about 150 mg of curcumin) with a cup of red grapes (about 2 mg of resveratrol).

I've tried to structure my diet so that I get good amounts of many of the minerals and nutrients specified in IH's regimen, but through natural foods rather than supplements:

I get vitamin D3 and selenium from salmon, sulforaphane from broccoli, vit. C from tons of fruits and vegetables (although it's not in the absorbable form advertised in the Pureway-C product), magnesium from almonds, green tea phytochemicals from my actual green tea (though the phytochemicals are not in super-absorbable form as with the phytosome, though I drink enough green tea to get the same absorption of the stuff), vitamin K from green leafy vegetables, curcumin from the turmeric, and a very small amount of resveratrol from the grapes. I intend on replacing the turmeric and grapes with the supplements, as mentioned in my previous post.

I think the major components of IH's regimen that are not accounted for in my diet are Acetyl L-Carnitine, Ecklonia Cava extract, Na-RALA, and Biotin.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:20 am

I'm 5'8, and I'm deathly skinny. Like 103 pounds.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:31 am

In regards to the grapes and resveratrol, a quick google I found this;

"In one serving of red grapes (approximately 160 g), there is on average 0.24 to 1.25 mg of resveratrol. Although it’s tasty, don’t expect such a low amount to affect your health very much. Far more is needed to supply anti-aging benefits."

IH's antioxidant boost contains 100mg so I would presume that the 2mg is not doing a great deal.

Also a quick google I found:

"Since turmeric contains very small concentrations of curcumin"

So you may be lacking a lot in curcumin and resveratrol, which some people claim have halted their hair loss alone.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:34 am

I'd also cut out the milk, from what I've read milk is terrible for the hair.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down