Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
cold water showering, washing, rinsing EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

cold water showering, washing, rinsing

4 posters

Go down

cold water showering, washing, rinsing Empty cold water showering, washing, rinsing

Post  teacup Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 am

Has anyone here tried cold showers?

What about washing the hair in cold water but the body in warm water, or showering and washing hair in hot water then rinsing in cold water?

If so, how did you do it (full body cold shower or just head)? and have you seen results?

Why would cold showering be helpful?
I heard explanations involving better blood circulation. Is it simply more normal since we evolved without hot water showers so it is more natural to shower in water that has a similar temperature to lakes, rivers, streams, water falls (things our ancestors showered in)?

Quote:

What the cold water does is that it closes the cuticle which makes the hair stronger and prevents dirt from easily accumulating within your scalp. Basically, the same principle with how it closes the pores of your skin as mentioned above. Stronger hair, of course, prevents hair from being easily pulled out when you are combing, and it helps in slowing down overall hair loss.
Source: http://www.ineedmotivation.com/blog/2008/04/4-reasons-why-you-need-to-take-cold-showers/

Other articles on this, the first one is interesting:
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/showers.html
http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com/2009/01/cold-shower-method-to-healthy-hair.html
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

cold water showering, washing, rinsing Empty Re: cold water showering, washing, rinsing

Post  tooyoung Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:42 am

Yeah I have been quite interested in this, especially as is in a way, free, and is just turning a knob in a different direction than you usually would.

NocturalHorse I believe mentioned cold showers as 1 point of 10 in a thread about him making progress. As he was doing so much more positive stuff it would be hard to gauge how effective the cold showers and baths were, but I guess they can't be doing him harm.

I did a few weeks of cold baths a few months back and noticed I was sleeping much better, but I began getting anxiety (probably unrelated, had anxiety without the cold water) and I stopped for a few weeks. I've recently been using only cold water on my head and warm on my body and not particularly noticed any yet, but it has only been a short space of time.

A lot of people do seem like cold water is much better than warm, so I would just say, give it a shot, not everythings for everyone. Let us know how it goes.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

cold water showering, washing, rinsing Empty Re: cold water showering, washing, rinsing

Post  tooyoung Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:46 am

Looking back on my post I realised I hadn't properly answered your questions.

I personally before, lay in an empty bath and let the water run up and over me, as it is less of a shock. I lay full immersed in the bath for a few minutes and then got out. However due to reasons I mentioned above I stopped before a long enough duration to tell if it had a positive effect, other than better sleeping.

Earth clinic seems a good place to go for people that are for cold showering, I've read hot water dries out the hair and damages it, while cold water moisturises. I'm really not sure how true or made up that is, but as I said above, it's worth just giving it a shot.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 pm

I was taking cold showers every day for a few years and frankly, haven't noticed any differecne. I was still catcheing flu once or twice per year. Maybe the problem was with the method of taking. I simply just rinse my body with the cold water for a few seconds every morning. Maybe the solution is in taking longe cold showers. Don't know... Try...
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:50 am

Oh, this has to do with the cold water helping your blood pressure and waking up the skin. Also, when the water is hot, it's easier for the pollutants in the water to penetrate easier, like in a steam through the nose or opening up the skin, chlorine, toxins, copper, etc.

I really attribute the cold shower effectiveness to the "man scream" that I do when the cold water hits me all at once.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 am

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down