Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

showering with tap water..fluoride!! :(

+15
Misirlou
redhead
gbp2000
Just_A_Signal
Trace
Serge
tooyoung
phoenix21
sdguy
nidhogge
scottyc33
CausticSymmetry
Hoppipolla
elan164
RobHealthMan
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( Empty showering with tap water..fluoride!! :(

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:32 am

hi CS and others,

does fluoride penetrate our skin?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( Empty Re: showering with tap water..fluoride!! :(

Post  elan164 Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:09 am

Yes, apparently your body absorbs more water in the shower than what you drink in a day!

elan164

Back to top Go down

showering with tap water..fluoride!! :( Empty Re: showering with tap water..fluoride!! :(

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:38 am

what does Flouride do to skin/hair? O.O

I've always heard the amounts of flouride and chlorine and stuff in tap water are too low to do much or any harm.

I have heard that it's also possible to filter water coming into your home... it certainly removes things like the causes of limescale... I don't know about chlorine and flouride though! Also it's probably expensive and obviously isn't viable for those who are renting etc!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:09 am

Fluoride primarily enters through the lungs, which ends up in any tissue thereafter. Chlorine readily absorbs through the skin.

The only reliable way to filter fluoride from the shower is a reverse osmosis filter from the mainline. I don't do this, (maybe in the future), so I just take plenty of iodine to deal with it.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:14 pm

iodine seems to be the only way to combat it.

its crazy that every time we shower with tap water, we are indirectly hurting our hair!!!! Sad

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:31 pm

So, when I shower with tap water... chlorine AND flouride are getting into me? That causes the hair follicles harm?

And I do drink a LOT of tap water, although I have a water filter (just a normal brita one). Am I ok if I use the filter or will I need something more?

Wow this stuff is pretty complex! I'm sure I won't be out of my depth forever though! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Hoppipolla - Brita filters or other charcoal based filters only purified large minerals (some essential), so they may remove lead and other larger minerals. However, they will not remove drug wastes from the water, or fluoride (which is extremely small).

Your best bet is reverse osmosis for drinking. There are chlorine filters for the shower, but unfortunately, none for fluoride.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:46 am

I use a Berkey filter with flouride filter for my drinking water.

I use an Aquasana for the shower - not sure if it filters flouride but it definitely filters chlorine.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:40 am

if you boil tap water, does that get rid of fluoride and chlorine?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:04 am

I use an AquaSana for the shower to at least get the chlorine but no, it doesn't take care of Fluoride.

As CS mentioned, a Reverse Osmosis filter on the mainline is the #1 key to a healthier life in my opinion. Regarding us absorbing more water through the skin than during the day...if I wake up and am dehydrated, I'll have bags under my eyes and look horrible. So, I take a shower and bam, completely hydrated, bags significantly lessened, feel great.

Unfortunately, you get Fluoride with that as well.

Iodine as a means to displace Fluoride is another option, however, I think that we simply ingest far too much Fluoride for Iodine to make much of a difference. Consider:

- Drinking from a water fountain
- Drinking from spring water (natural fluoride perhaps)
- Drinking juice, soda pop, etc. (all using regular water with Fluoride in it, even the organic juices)
- Alcohol
- Food that we ingest that required water for processing
- Showering
- Swimming

The list spans...

That said, to combat fluoride I'd recommend:

#1 - Reverse Osmosis Filter (start saving, it'll be between $1k and $2k)
#2 - Stick with drinking solely the water from your Reverse Osmosis filter, bottle it in glass or stainless steel (avoid plastic due to leeching)
#3 - Bring your own water to the gym and restaurants (to avoid drinking the water/coffee/tea/juice/soda pop that they provide)
#4 - Be reasonable with alcohol consumpion
#5 - Supplement on large amounts of Iodine, up to 50mg perhaps
#6 - Despite the health benefits, I don't care for swimming due to the chemical content in public pools
#7 - Use Baquasil instead of Chlorine in your home pools
#8 - Try to eat as organic and natural as possible (grass-fed meat)

Trust me...I far from follow the above, but I'd like to gradually work up to it in my life.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 pm

I drink distilled water, partly because I think it tastes best, that shouldn't have any fluoride in it, should it?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Yah distilled water shouldnt have anything left in it really. It's probably the most complete purification process for water. Growing up, my parents have had a distiller for a long time, and its crazy to see the sediment thats in the bottom of the distiller at the end of the process.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Hmm that's interesting! I mean I would buy bottled water or something but it's just so expensive (and also feels kinda wasteful with all the plastic bottles!), plus it might not be that much better anyway!

When I was really into conspiracy theories and stuff I do remember hearing about some kind of filter that they advertised as being able to remove like EVERYTHING to make the water totally pure. I'll see if I can look it up.

Reverse osmosis sounds quite expensive, and distilled water is obviously much cheaper but still comes with a price tag! heh Smile

Yeah I'll have a look into those really good filters I heard about - I wonder how they work! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:21 pm

From what I understand, distilled water really should have next to no impurities left in it. The water is basically converted into a steam and then channeled into a seperate container. As far as taste goes, I always thought that it tasted like nothing. This would make sense to me because there arent any minerals left in the water either.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:38 pm

I do something pretty cheap. I've got a 5 gallon container, and I just go to a local water store, which charges me 25 cents
per gallon. It's reverse osmosis water using some 11-step filter system.

I'm a little leery of distilled water, because it tends to pull out essential minerals.

It's a good idea to make sure one is taking some minerals so that they are not deficient, the most obvious of course are zinc, magnesium, chromium, selenium, sodium, manganese, lithium and iodine.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Yah I also think it can be an issue as far as losing the good mineral content that water has. When I was about 18, I started noticing abnormally hard heartbeats once and a while throughout the day. This progressed to a very high frequency and I saw the cardiologist about it. I got an echocardiogram and everything seemed to be normal. I starting digging on the internet and found that magnesium deficiency can cause heart palpitations and even make mitral valve prolapse worse. I started taking magnesium supplements and the symptoms basically declined until they were gone in about a month! I also started drinking spring water and not just distilled water. It just goes to show the importance of magnesium! I still try to avoid drinking tap water though.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:39 pm

CS, I like the idea of picking up 5 gallons of good water at a time for cheap, but I haven't seen any "water stores" around, is it an actual shop dedicated to this? I did a Google search for my area but it was all filter systems.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:36 am

phoenix21 that's really cool! Well done for working it out - I think I should start thinking of things like that if I develop any medical things that the doctor's can't figure out! heh Smile

It's amazing how deficiency of certain important things can make the body produce unexpected consequences!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 am

Would bottled water from a supermarket be okay to drink, if I try get one with no fluoride? I saw a thread on the benefits of fizzy water, should I try get this as well?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Serge Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:44 am

Most Wal-Marts have a reverse osmosis machine called a 'water center' somewhere in the back of the store. It runs about 35 cents a gallon when you reuse your own jugs. Works for me, and it's better than bottled water for sure.

Serge

Back to top Go down

Post  Trace Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm

There are fluoride filters out there for your shower. There are currently not any on the market that gets rid of
it entirely, but it knocks most of it out. Just google fluoride shower filter. Most of those filters get rid of chlorine
also. As for pools there is also a salt purification. And as for boiling the water it only intensifies the chlorine in it.
Think of it as science.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Would showering in lukewarm water help against absorption through the skin?

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Hipp,

Your in the Uk, chances are, no fluoride in your water, unless you are in Northern Ireland.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 pm

is chloride content is same as chlorine content in water?i was reading abt water supply in my area and it said that it is treated with chloride.

redhead

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 pm

btw whats the safe limit of fluoride..in my area it is 1.0-1.5 mg/l?

redhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next