Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Micro-inflammation EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Micro-inflammation EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Micro-inflammation EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Micro-inflammation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Micro-inflammation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Micro-inflammation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Micro-inflammation EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Micro-inflammation EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Micro-inflammation EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Micro-inflammation

2 posters

Go down

Micro-inflammation Empty Micro-inflammation

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Is there a way to find out (without getting a scalp biopsy) if micro-inflammation is affecting my hair follicles? Are there any visible symptoms of micro-inflammation? I'd like to know this so that I can decide on whether or not I should add nizoral to my regimen.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Micro-inflammation Empty Re: Micro-inflammation

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:42 pm

mphatesmpb - Ketoconazole is not going to counteract the cause of micro-inflammation. It is an anti-fungal

A topical rinse I had used in the past is superior to ketoconazole and it too is anti-fungal, but still does not counter act micro-inflammation.

For micro-inflammation, supplements such Curcumin/Resveratrol, Eckonia Cava and possibly a good probiotic (topically or internally) are needed.

Or, the source of neurotoxins can be identified or diet culprits, heavy metals, etc.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:37 pm

CS,

From AndrogeneticAlopecia.com:

"On the basis of this localization and the microbial colonization of the follicular infundibulum with Propionibacterium sp., Staphylococcus sp., Malassezia sp., or other members of the transient flora, some researchers speculate that that microbial toxins or antigens could be involved in the generation of the inflammatory response. The production of porphyrins (any of various organic compounds containing four pyrrole rings, occurring universally in protoplasm, and functioning as a metal-binding cofactor in hemoglobin) by Propionibacterium sp. in the pilosebaceous duct of 58 percent of androgenetic alopecia patients (compared with 12 percent of control subjects) has also been considered to be a possible cofactor of this initial pro-inflammatory stress."

The link to the containing article is http://www.androgeneticalopecia.com/hair-loss-biology/hair-loss-inflammation-baldness.shtml.

-->Wouldn't an anti-fungal agent be effective against a microbial infiltrate? If Nizoral doesn't combat the micro-inflammation characteristic of AGA, then what is its mechanism of action?

Do you know what is the cause of micro-inflammation in AGA? I don't think there is a certain answer to this question yet. Given that we don't know the cause, how can you be so sure that ketoconazole will not counter-act the effects of the micro-inflammation, or that it will not directly counter-act the micro-inflammation by killing of the microbial infiltrates?

Another thought: the role of antioxidants like vitamin E in the scalp. I've come across two convincing studies about the positive effect of tocotrienol supplementation on hair loss. Tocotrienols are effective at reducing oxidative stress by reducing lipid peroxidation (the process by which free radicals steal electrons from the lipids composing cell membranes, resulting in cell dysfunction and apoptosis).

I'm pretty sure that lipid peroxidation is also an initiating factor in inflammation. And when inflammation targets the bulge of the hair follicle, we know the rest of the story.

I wonder why more people in the AGA community aren't talking about tocotrienols. I've been taking the Swanson full vitamin E spectrum for a couple of weeks now, and I'm hoping for the best.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:40 pm

How can you be so sure that Ecklonia Cava extract is safe for human use? There have been hardly any studies involving its effects in humans. Also, considering that it has not been around for very long, there definitely haven't been studies on its long-term effects.

Can you point me in the direction of some studies which explain the positive effect of the resveratrol/curcumin combination on AGA? I already know about the one on hairloss-research.com, and I found it unconvincing.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:35 pm

bump
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content