Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How much potassium do we need? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How much potassium do we need? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How much potassium do we need? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How much potassium do we need? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How much potassium do we need? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How much potassium do we need? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How much potassium do we need? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How much potassium do we need? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How much potassium do we need? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How much potassium do we need?

+2
nidhogge
j87x
6 posters

Go down

How much potassium do we need? Empty How much potassium do we need?

Post  j87x Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Apple cider vinegar only has 11mg of potassium per tbsp, which is 0% daily value. I have read on websites that the recommended dosage is up to 4.7 grams per day.

j87x

Back to top Go down

How much potassium do we need? Empty Re: How much potassium do we need?

Post  nidhogge Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Depends on the type of Potassium. For example, any mineral bonded to Orotatic Acid would require far less than if it were bonded to something else. Magnesium Oxide yields practically no Magnesium absorption even if you consume grams of it, whereas Magnesium Orotate would be pretty much 100% absorption thus needing only milligrams in comparison. For this reason, I'm thinking of including Potassium and Zinc Orotate in the Decalcify formula along with Magnesium. Good idea you think?

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:31 pm

After reading some more it seems that it is ideal to get potassium from only natural sources, so I'm not sure if potassium orotate would be necessary or even completely safe. The problem is you'd have to eat a lot of fruit to get more potassium, other sources are kale and coconut water.

Coconut water contains about 6x more potassium than apple cider vinegar, although it does contain sugar (about 1 gram per tbsp). It also contains more electrolytes than gatorade. I'm not sure why ACV was such a popular thing for potassium, I wonder if coconut water lowers aldosterone like ACV does?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:16 am

Read this:

http://www.drpasswater.com/nutrition_library/Potassium%20_to%20_Sodium_Ratio.html

Potassium Bicarbonate, Citrate and other forms are fine... take away from meals.

I recently bought potassium chloride, but haven't received it yet... I want to up my potassium intake since I don't get much chances to eat potassium rich foods yet I take a few grams of sodium ascorbate per day...

Yes, ACV seems insufficient in terms of providing potassium...
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:00 am

Why take away from meals, Littlefighter?

Thank you for that link by the way!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:13 am

More I research into Potassium Orotate, the more that I'm convinced that it'd be wise to include it. This is a great article on Orotates, here's a quote from it:

Potassium Orotate

Potassium deficiency is not considered to be common in view of the availability of adequate amounts of this mineral in most diets. Nevertheless, potassium deficiency is known to arise as a secondary consequence of magnesium deficiency. 5 Another cause of deficiency is the use of potassium-wasting diuretics to control high blood pressure. 15 Disease states known to be associated with low serum or tissue potassium include diabetes 4, insulin resistance 16, and high blood pressure 5 17 as well as rheumatoid arthritis 18 and heart disease. 18

Dr. Nieper's original motivation to develop orotic acid as an electrolyte carrier was inspired by results due to E. Bajusz showing that potassium orotate can prevent idiopathic myocardial necrosis in hamsters, while potassium chloride is ineffective. 19 20 Nieper subsequently found that potassium orotate was highly effective for alleviating human cardiovascular diseases when combined with magnesium orotate (see discussion in the section below on Magnesium orotate). Even when administered by itself to heart attack patients, potassium orotate has been reported to result in faster recovery of myocardial contractibility than in placebo-treated controls. 21

Other reported applications for potassium orotate include acceleration of wound healing 22 and enhancement of recovery and immune function following surgery. 23 Although not an antioxidant itself, potassium orotate facilitates the tissue uptake of vitamin C from serum and increases blood levels of reduced glutathione. 24 Finally, studies in animals have revealed antidepressant, psychostimulant, and anxiety-reducing effects associated with chronic potassium orotate administration. 25

Source: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/orotates-mineral-transporters.html

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:57 am

nidhogge wrote:Why take away from meals, Littlefighter?

Thank you for that link by the way!

Nid,

Mainly because at least some forms like Potassium Bicarbonate can neutralize stomach acid (the worst you can do)...

Magnesium and other minerals can be a problem in this regard for some, so you might want to take them on an empty stomach. I take magnesium glycinate and sodium ascorbate and a few other things on an empty stomach for that reason.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Any idea why CS switched magnesium orotate for mixed forms on the regimen page? Was orotate just not worth the price?

Also what do you guys this magnesium Dr. Mercola recommended saying it was the best chelate and a good internal alternative to mag oil for decalcifying the scalp, dosage being only one capsule 3x/week http://www.jigsawhealth.com/supplements/magnesium

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:56 pm

j87x wrote:Any idea why CS switched magnesium orotate for mixed forms on the regimen page? Was orotate just not worth the price?

Also what do you guys this magnesium Dr. Mercola recommended saying it was the best chelate and a good internal alternative to mag oil for decalcifying the scalp, dosage being only one capsule 3x/week http://www.jigsawhealth.com/supplements/magnesium

j,

Most likely due to the high price...

I'd go for Magnesium Glycinate to get my daily dose. CS is taking a fairly good dose per day, 1000 mg... I bet most people are not close to getting this dose. I take 600 mg per day plus a few mg's more from other supp's and dietary sources.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Guys--

I got a great quote on Magnesium Orotate when bought in bulk for the Decalcify product. Think everyone's going to be very impressed with this supplement; it'll be the crown jewel in my opinion of the line!

And that's right--IH recommended the mixed forms due to the price.

I see what you mean, Littlefighter, thanks for clearing that up for me!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:20 am

davidfussion wrote:Potassium is a mineral found inside body cells. It is one of several minerals known as electrolytes. Men, ages 19+ needed 4,700 potassium mg/day. Women, ages, 19+ also needed 4,700 mg/day. During Pregnancy women needed 4,700 potassium mg/day. During the period of Breastfeeding women needed 5,100 potassium mg/day.

This spam is not paleolithic.

~11,000 mg of K and ~700 mg of Na is an estimate for our paleolithic ancestors.

In our modern times the proportion is reversed and K intake is much much lower.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:50 am

We need a high potassium to sodium ratio. Most Americans have the opposite.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  deloneblack Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:04 am

Milk is a good source of potassium and calcium. Drinking three cups of milk a day and get 36% of the daily requirement of potassium. A cup of yogurt provides more than 10-15% of the total requirement of potassium per day, depending on the brand.

deloneblack

Back to top Go down

Post  maggytwin Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:15 am

Unless you have kidney disease, it is almost impossible to consume too much potassium. In fact, we all need at least 2000 mg per day. Potassium is a very important mineral for keeping blood pressure at a healthy level, to keep the heart beating properly, for healthy muscles and water balance in the body.

maggytwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down