Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Immortal hair please give advice EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Immortal hair please give advice EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Immortal hair please give advice EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Immortal hair please give advice EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Immortal hair please give advice EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Immortal hair please give advice EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Immortal hair please give advice EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Immortal hair please give advice EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Immortal hair please give advice EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Immortal hair please give advice

3 posters

Go down

Immortal hair please give advice Empty Immortal hair please give advice

Post  cassanova Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:57 am

HI, new to this forum, long time reader though and member of other forums. IH, I think you are the best one to ask about this. About 4 years ago I did a cycle of steroids. Did not lose one hair while I was on them. But about 3 weeks after I got off them, that is when I started having symptoms of I don't know what. The two main ones are I have a horrible time sleeping, and even getting drowsy, and two my hair has been falling out ever since then. I also am no where near the strength level I used to have even before I was on steroids. my libido comes and goes. Increased fat around my belly, no matter how much weight I lose. I fatigue really easy now.

I had some tests done and everything is pretty normal. Thyroid, est, and dht all in normal ranges. test and free test in normal range( on the low end of normal). The tests that were not normal were my DHEA levels were pretty low and My saliva cortisol tests showed my cortsiol extremely low in morning and extremely high at night, which is why i guess I am having trouble sleeping. Even when I sleep it is such a light sleep, its not even restful. I don't get that deep sleep that i used to always get. I truly believe that me taking steroids permanantly altered my hormone levels which caused these symptoms. I think after I got off them my body crashed and has never been the same. I am currently 27 years old.

So my questions to you are

1. What should I take to lower my cortisol levels at night? and when should I take it?

2. Is there something I can take to maybe reset my hormone levels to my balanced state?

3. What in your opinion do these symptoms mean? And is it possible that my hairloss could stop if I get to the bottom of this?

If you could please take the time to answer these questions and any advice would be greatly appreciated! I know you are very knowledgable on this kind of thing. Thanks again

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Immortal hair please give advice Empty Re: Immortal hair please give advice

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:40 pm

cassanova - With a low am cortisol and high cortisol pm levels coupled with a lower range DHEA, that's all the makings of adrenal dysfunction. Of course most doctors are not educated in this area and would presume everything is "normal."

Steroids induce insulin resistance and significantly increase oxidative stress (free radical generation). They also upset intestinal microflora balance. In addition, they further deplete endogenous defense systems.

The best way to recover from this is to fortify all systems, starting with the gastrointestinal tract with probiotics. Steroid use, even for short-term could bring rise to Candida and bad bacteria.

Next there is the adrenal system, so a decent adrenal cortex supplement will help a lot. Something like this for example: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=6016&at=0

Taking the "top 6" minus the lignans (at least until microflora is replenished for a few months) along with the probiotics listed below will help. http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/mycurrentregimen.htm

Sensoril and Phosphatidylserine would be additionally helpful, especially with oxidative stress and dealing with everyday stress.

Once you start to feel normal again, you could reduce and eliminate the support supplements as you see fit. Chances are good that you'll have to maintain both the antioxdant regimen and the essential fatty acid aspect.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Thanks for the reply IH, I was thinking the same thing about adrenals being messed up and you are right most doctors are clueless in this area. I will definately heed your advice. If I take Sensoril, should I take it at night to lower my pm cortisol levels or in the morning to lower my pm cortisol levels? Also I read in your website about a product called pituitophin, Do you think that would be of any benefit for my situation?

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:51 pm

cassanova - It's best to take Sensoril at least twice per day. Use 250 milligrams, which is one or two capsules depending on where you get it.

Drenamin, Thytrophin PMG and Pituitrophin PMG all by Standard Process is a complete adrenal rebuilding method, along with iodine replenishment.

Or you can take any of one of various adrenal cortex supplements as an alternative.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks again, ONe more thing when you get a chance. Have you heard of a product called Seriphos, and is it effective for reducing cortisol levles? Also I have been having a ton of single gray and white hairs popping up on my head. Is there a supplment that helps stop the graying of hair?

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:10 pm

cassanova wrote:Thanks again, ONe more thing when you get a chance. Have you heard of a product called Seriphos, and is it effective for reducing cortisol levles? Also I have been having a ton of single gray and white hairs popping up on my head. Is there a supplment that helps stop the graying of hair?

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/drcathywongsanswers/f/grayhair.htm

Check out this article. It discusses thyroid problems as a possible cause of gray hair.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:45 pm

cool thanks, maybe the arenal cortex formula will help with this.

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:27 pm

cassanova - Seriphos is a form of phosphatidylserine, so that would be something good.

PM Kudzu purportedly helps with graying hair.

scottyc33 mentioned hypothyroidism and that's something those glandulars can help with if there's a problem in that area.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down