Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements

3 posters

Go down

The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements Empty The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements

Post  teacup Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:03 am

For a newbie like myself, I'd like all the experts here to please explain the "order of things". I heard that eating my fruits before the main meal (slower-digesting foods) is good since otherwise the fruites ferment while stuck behind the slow-moving foods. etc..

When it comes to supplements, some work together (curcumin/trans-Resveratrol), others work against each others (iodine and probiotics). Some supplements work best on an "empty stomach" others just right before food, and some after food.

Let's compile a list of the ideal "order of things" for both food and supplements to make sure we are maximizing the benefit of food and supplements.

afro
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements Empty Re: The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements

Post  teacup Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:55 am

Let me start this:

Order of supplements:

* Probiotics are best on an empty stomach
* Brewers Yeast best taken with a meal
* Vitamin C is best before a meal to increase stomach acid
* If you take iodine make sure you take vitamin C
* Take Vitamin C along with Vitamin D3
* Take tans-resv + curcumin at the same time
* Do not take C at the same time as when you take resv/curcumin

Order of food:

* Eat fruits before you eat your meal
* Drink water at least 1/2 hr before or after eating a meal
* Walking after a meal helps in digestion

Plz add more to this thread on the order of things
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements Empty Re: The Order of Things? maximizing the benefit of food and supplements

Post  Lw Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 am

Going to bed with an empty stomach is an essential rule in my opinion.

During night, the digestion process can take up to 5 hours.

Don't eat before going to bed, let your body heal, you'll sleep better and just start the next day with a good breakfast.

I heard, 2 hours before sleeping is good, or you can even go to bed while being a little hungry, that's excellent.

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Here's another timing tip:

Ecklonia Cava (Fibroboost) is best taken prior to your first meal and then again later on (could be prior to dinner or after if you forget)
by CS
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 pm

maximize the absorption of curcumin/resveratrol and all other nutrients (like brewer's yeast) by taking them with a meal that contains a (heated?) source of fat such as butter, avocados, nuts, poultry, meat, fish oil, evening primrose oil, any kind of oil, eggs, etc.

Also increase absorption by including these to your meal
black pepper
digestive enzymes
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:23 am

On probiotics and iosol, CS said:
If you take more than 12.5 milligrams (more than two drops) [of iosol] then taking it separately may be better.

Personally I have not found it a problem to put several drops in water and take along with the supplements. But I try to take them at separate times more often
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:58 am

teacup - I really do not worry so much about the order or combinations of supplements. However, I have found Iosol or Lugol's from a convenience standpoint taken either at night in water or in the morning. I have very frequently taking iodine filled water with supplements during meal time. I do not normally do this, but I have not found it to be a problem at all.

Concerning this:

* Probiotics are best on an empty stomach (generally true)
* Brewers Yeast best taken with a meal (before or during, but not critical at all, anytime is fine also).
* Vitamin C is best away from a meal, because when taken with a meal, will increase iron absorption. (It depends on the type of vitamin C and this is also not necessary)
* If you take iodine make sure you take vitamin C (Selenium is much more important, but C will help the conversion if one is taking strictly potassium iodide. However, Both Lugol's and Iosol contain Iodine, so the C is not an absolute, but it is very useful for improve detox and loading).
Vitamin D is best taken with a larger meal that contains some fat).[/b]
* Take trans-resv + curcumin at the same time (This is generally a good idea, due to the synergism between the two).
* Do not take C at the same time as when you take resv/curcumin (I've never heard this before, and if it were true, I haven't found it to be a problem).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down